Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That art is so fucking GOOD!

I never would have expected a Marvel vs. Capcom announcement at a Nintendo Direct of all things. I wonder if Nintendo publishing Ultimate Alliance 3 had anything to do with it.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, it's not getting a PS5 native version? Then that means I'll be getting PC and probably Switch. PS4 games running on PS5 via backwards compatibility adds a notable layer of input latency.
Crossgen PS4 fighting games have less input latency across the board than PS5 versions.

PS4 Pro > PS4onPS5 >> PS5

SF6 you need to have 120hz and IDR, which is V-Sync off, to best PS4 Pro. Otherwise it's worse.

So no, you're quite wrong.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
If they did the work to do a native Xbox version that would likely push them to do a native PS5 version as well. And then my input latency concerns with playing a PS4 game on PS5 disappear! lol
No, it can be a Xbox One version, and can take advantage of Series since they are the same SdK.

PS5 requires a new SDK.

And your concerns are unfounded. It's actually the opposite at 60hz, Vsync on. PS5 is worse.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
So these collections, what do they lack from the original releases? Like characters or modes

It's the inclusion of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in particular that has delighted fans of the series, given the much-loved crossover fighting game's lack of availability on current storefronts. And training data.
www.ign.com

Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics Hits Switch, PS4, and Steam — but There’s No Xbox Version - IGN

Capcom has announced Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics, which brings seven fan-favorite fighting games together in one collection later in 2024.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GQXkvE4WEAA6f6m

its peak

its peak

silentq15

Aug 15, 2022
If they did the work to do a native Xbox version that would likely push them to do a native PS5 version as well. And then my input latency concerns with playing a PS4 game on PS5 disappear! lol
I do wonder if the fact we even got this is such a miracle that budget for this release is super low. Basically assuming the devs were asked to pump this out on shoestring budget so anything nice like a PS5 version was off the table. This would also explain why they probably didn't even have the budget to get the MT framework running on Xbox.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So these collections, what do they lack from the original releases? Like characters or modes
The first ones up to MVC didn't have any real console exclusive features other than Boss characters being added to the CS. However the collection has all the boss characters from those playable using the menu to activate a setting. MVC ps1 was a completely different game(not for the better) so that's not here. A Japanese exclusive character has been removed but that's an understandable one

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Crossgen PS4 fighting games have less input latency across the board than PS5 versions.

PS4 Pro > PS4onPS5 >> PS5

SF6 you need to have 120hz and IDR, which is V-Sync off, to best PS4 Pro. Otherwise it's worse.

So no, you're quite wrong.
If you're going to get weirdly testy about this, how confident are you in that?

Cause MKX has very thick layer of input latency when played on a PS5 (more than on PS4, Max will be the first to tell you that) and I have a 2-year-old LG QNED mini-LED 4k TV with HDMI2.1, 120hz mode, everything hooked up and set up optimally.

Admittedly, I don't know what IDR is. Is that a setting I missed? Is that new?

EDIT: Oh, it's V-Sync? I have that off and still get input lag on MKX. Pretty sure there's some baked in PS4 BC input latency as I don't get it in SF6.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Which system is going to have the biggest playerbase?
Almost certainly consoles. As popular as PC has gotten for fighting games, retro collections like this tend to be ghost towns online on PC faster than any other platform as most PC emulators will play these games better than even the best retro collections. So, I'm expecting this game to die a swift death on PC at least in terms of online community (could still sell well thanks in part to Steam Deck and handheld PC owners in general).

I would expect PlayStation to have the most active community. But Switch could be more happening than one might expect?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to get weirdly testy about this, how confident are you in that? Cause MKX has very thick layer off input latency when played on a PS5 and I have a 2-year-old LG QNED mini-LED 4k TV with HDMI2.1, 120hz mode, everything hooked up and set up optimally. Admittedly, I don't know what IDR is. Is that a setting I missed? Is that new?

Here is the complete list of testing noodalls has done

noodalls Input Lag Testing Results

Input lag testing is difficult. What seems like a simple task, often requested, involves a lot of nuance, understanding and equipment, but most of all time. I have been testing input lag for the better part of a decase. Despite no background in programming or electronics, I've been able to make a

IDR is Input Delay Reduction in Street Fighter 6 specifically.

Wow MK is weird. The game was okay on PS4. MK11 was the same. Weird. Finally one that is worse on PS4onPS5 then.

Rest of fighters don't suffer this.

View: https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1189859386216173568

View: https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1486100678187823105

View: https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1486100284879568896

View: https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1486100423845216256

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Here is the complete list of testing noodalls has done

noodalls Input Lag Testing Results

Input lag testing is difficult. What seems like a simple task, often requested, involves a lot of nuance, understanding and equipment, but most of all time. I have been testing input lag for the better part of a decase. Despite no background in programming or electronics, I've been able to make a

IDR is Input Delay Reduction in Street Fighter 6 specifically.

Wow MK is weird. The game was okay on PS4. MK11 was the same. Patch fucked MK11.

View: https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1189859386216173568

View: https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1486100678187823105

Oh, that issue is MK specific?

Also, yes SF6 has IDR reduction option (I remember that now) but will this have something like that? Or does it not need it because it's a PS4 app? lol I'm confused...

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
There are so few fighting game holy grails left. Decent ports of almost all of them are available on modern consoles.

CvS2 is the biggest holdout. What a dream come true this is.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 2-year-old LG QNED mini-LED 4k TV with HDMI2.1, 120hz mode, everything hooked up and set up optimally.
Oh, that issue is MK specific?

Also, yes SF6 has IDR reduction option (I remember that now) but will this have something like that? Or does it not need it because it's a PS4 app? lol I'm confused...
If you turned on VRR for Unsupported games, turn it off.

View: https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1710209037269409840

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Hope you can unlock characters like in the DC version of MVC2, that was so much fun. Just have a toggle for unlock all for those that want that.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Only if SNK gives them the rights to let SvC Match of the Millennium be able to be put in there! ... and I guess SvC Chaos. :T
If you're going to do a collection of those games, you absolutely include SVC. Honestly, CVS1 is kind of just lesser CVS2. So, personally, I'm far more inclined to play SVC than I am CVS1 even though CVS1 is definitely the better game of the two. Cause if I play CVS1, I'm just like "why am I not playing CVS2?" lol. Obviously, it's not literally lesser CVS2 but... it's close enough to CVS2 that I'd just rather play that than CVS1. SVC, for better or worse, is a distinct thing from CVS.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.