• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Lizard Loki is straight up absurd. Is there a comic precedent for that?

As absurd as...Norse myths?

Trivia: Loki shaved all of Sif's hair in myth and comics, but doesn't seem like Jaimie was up for that lol.

Wizard of Oz vibe was strong all season so wasn't surprised at the big reveal, but am still loving the mystery of who is actually responsible.

Richard E Grant looks perfect as classic Loki, despite how much I loathe that caricature in the comcis, they nailed the look and actor. He'd also make a great classic Vulture too.

Oct 27, 2017
PSA Be careful when typing out Loki Reactions if you're into those, a leaked scene from episode 5 is popping up. (don't know if real) Thankfully nothing in title I think just thumbnail.

Phoony17

Oct 27, 2017
Narangba, AUS
I didn't even know there was one until people here said there was.

It fits, though, right? We know the TVA specifically has it out for Loki. Even Mobius himself said that "work your Loki" should be his mantra, so he's probably dealt with many of them and we know they've pruned a practically infinite number of them in the past. Yet they're evidently not getting pruned at all, or at least pruning must not actually destroy the individual because whatever place our Loki is now probably has more than just the five Loki we know about. So why is the TVA seemingly targeting Lokis across the multiverse and dumping them on some ruined world, if that's what's happening? Is someone trying to keep Loki away from something, do they have a personal vendetta against him or are they building their own army of Lokis?

This whole thing is, honestly, hilariously bizarre. I love that kind of twist because I have no bloody clue what's going on. 😂

It's not just Lokis getting pruned. We've seen others, including minute men, get pruned.

They all go somewhere and I'd guess it's survival of the fittest because classic loki says he'll die if he doesn't come with them.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Also: really interesting that they explained why Sylvie was noticed and captured not at birth, or even had her parents pruned, but after she had grown up a bit. The 'timekeepers' didn't like something she was about to do that changed the 'sacred timeline', not specifically that she was born a girl, etc. Also neatly explains the earlier episode's examples of alternate Lokis.

So the Big Bad doesn't mind changes in principle, they just need time to flow generally in a direction of their choosing. I'm still really hoping that the villain's aim is to accomplish something trivial, making all this misery and injustice even more nihilistic.

EDIT: and it really does seem like a Kang plot the more I think about it, wouldn't surprise me if it relates to the Avengers in some way too. But I'm hoping for someone we're not expecting though.

EDIT 2: I am also disturbed by Loki falling for Sylvie, but thematically it's just so perfect, Mobius nailed it. Whole affair is worth it for that punchline about narcissism.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
It definitely does seem like Kang is controlling the TVA through Ravonna. But then we're heading into Mephisto territory of speculation.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe we all joked about Loki totally being dtf with himself and now he's fallen in love with himself.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
It definitely does seem like Kang is controlling the TVA through Ravonna. But then we're heading into Mephisto territory of speculation.
But see we have more footing to stand on this because we have an actor already cast for Kang. And he's going to be featured in a movie. The Mephisto rumors never had any standing to begin with. It was just people pushing rumors to sell their old comics.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
There are a lot going with Kang rumor than with Mephisto.
Marvel announced casting Jonathan Majors as Kang last september, Loki resumed filming at the same month after taking a long break because COVID.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this confirms the glow-stick doesn't kill people? And Mobius definitely had his memory wiped before. Probably multiple times.

I really have fun speculating in this show

Also, I just realized that the mid-credits scene is shot just like the Avengers, but they are all Lokis

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Kang keeping the only timeline he succeeds and destroying all the others makes sense, but at this point it could be a bunch of different Loki's running the show and it wouldn't surprise me.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Mobius didn't die, he is another Loki variant that got transported to the world of Loki.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how powerful the TVA is/their technology is, it is a little weird "someone" has to pull "Man Behind the Curtain" tactics.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how powerful the TVA is/their technology is, it is a little weird "someone" has to pull "Man Behind the Curtain" tactics.

I'm starting to think the TVA isn't actually as powerful as it makes out. Sylvie thinks her entire universe is gone, but we saw what happened. Her universe is still there, it's just all trace of her is gone. We don't know if any memory of her is gone, either, or if her Odin, Frigga and Thor have been looking for her for the last fifteen hundred years. Maybe the TVA can't erase entire universes but only moments in time.

Folks keep mentioning Kang so what if the TVA's act of pruning doesn't actually prune anyone at all and sends individuals to a ruined future where they're forced to serve Kang? The TVA itself could be how Kang maintains control over time, ensuring his future always happens by guiding all universes down a predetermined path, and any Variants that are unfit or too dangerous to work for the TVA might instead be sent to that future so that they become slaves for Kang's empire.

Maybe the reason the TVA seems to have it out for Loki is because Kang is actually scared of him and his downfall will be that, in trying to contain all the Lokis, he actually just brought them all together. 🤔

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Loki would definitely fall in love with themself lol. And at this point I'm putting my money on Kang being behind this, or is Kang gonna be the internet's next Mephisto.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
When Loki was pruned, I just figured Sylvie would reverse time, like we've seen done in the TVA, which means we would also get Mobius back... was not expecting that ending, though

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know what point they were trying to make: Loki is such a Loki that of course the only person he'd fall in love with would be himself.
Still, selfcest still makes me cringe

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I legit don't know where this is going to go, I'm just gonna enjoy the ride lol.

I still can't believe they referenced the Loki cutting Sif's hair story, that's hilarious!

God, Loki falling in love with another version of Loki is truly.....on brand for Loki psh. The Mobius thing gutted me.

I wonder if Loki is going to get one win during the rest of this entire season....