User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
mfw someone will have to make Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3
Michael-Richards-Oh-no.gif

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lets wait and see how those Square games turn out. At the moment I'm not really expecting anything amazing

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Good to know.
Hopefully they go multi-plat so everyone can enjoy the future games

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man was pretty good. I have high hopes for Marvel's future game projects. And hopefully we won't have to wait too long for another major X-Men game.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
How would they be restricted?
Since Game B would need to work with Insomniac's Spider-Man, not whatever version would best fit their story. That, in turn, would mean Insomniac would have to work with the changes Game B or C would make to Spider-Man, or their versions of superhero B and C, etc. I know it could all work well together, of course, but I'd rather there be more freedom instead.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
If they approach it the right way it could be very lucrative for them and great for players. But I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This thread just reminded me of how much I hated Iron Man 3.

Phase 2 had some real low points.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Thor game by Cory Barlog is coming then. Could fit perfectly for what God of War engine now.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I know he doesn't mean it in a bad way - and there's a huge difference in budget, marketing, investment and perception for the quality of the products, but Spidey is technically the 3rd console product to be released under the refreshed Marvel Games brand identity - so it mildly sucks that they're throwing Telltale's Guardians and MVC Infinite under the bus.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know he doesn't mean it in a bad way - and there's a huge difference in budget, marketing, investment and perception for the quality of the products, but Spidey is technically the 3rd console product to be released under the refreshed Marvel Games brand identity - so it mildly sucks that they're throwing Telltale's Guardians and MVC Infinite under the bus.
Those were the Incredible Hulk and DareDevil of the non MCU.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The Marvel Games Universe equivalent of the Avengers will be Marvel vs Capcom 4.

WESKER GETS THE INFINITY GAUNTLET

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Spider-Man PS4 is the Spider-man of the comics. Throw away that Iron Man comparison.

And Bill isn't really an executive, he's executive creative director on Marvel Games. Those are different. haha

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Since Game B would need to work with Insomniac's Spider-Man, not whatever version would best fit their story. That, in turn, would mean Insomniac would have to work with the changes Game B or C would make to Spider-Man, or their versions of superhero B and C, etc. I know it could all work well together, of course, but I'd rather there be more freedom instead.
I mean the movies and comics been doing it for a while, I am sure the video game industry could doe the same

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
MvCI is the Incredible hulk of the Marvel Games Brand

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta wait for that Game Director that would be fired and not finish its 3rd game of the Trilogy like Half Life 3.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what other independent studios Marvel and Sony would partner with to make more Marvel games?

Insomniac has a long track record with Sony, are there any others? I'm not sure of Sony would want to task one of their first parties to making a Marvel game unless they came clamoring to make one.

gow3isben

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It won't be like the movies though. If they want to make good games they need really talented developers. Not everyone is an insomniac. And the ones who are on that level are usually busy. And these things take a hell of a long time to come out.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
In here I learned people incorrectly believe Iron Man 2, 3 and The Incredible Hulk are bad films.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
My only wish is sony doesn't start putting all their 1st party studios in making marvel games now. Spiderman was absolutely phenomenal and possibly my goty but that doesn't mean I don't want other type of games.
And hopefully exclusivity was only a one off thing and they are multiplatform from next game onwards.
They didn't even put a first party studio on this game.

OP
OP
Aokiji

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Eh those are different circumstances. TT's GotG was basically just a licensed skin over a TT game. & MvC: I was a (rushed) sequel to a series that already existed. This was the first true game built from the ground up to represent Marvel. SE's Avengers & Guardians of the Galaxy products are next (if they ever even come out. Maybe Nirolak has more news)

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel needs a Kevin Feige for games otherwise it will not be long before they make a misstep. I have very low expectations for Crystal Dynamics' Avengers game for example.

Insomniac did such a great job with Spider-Man that they could probably fill the Kevin Feige role.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Good for Marvel and fans of the MCU, but I'm praying this isn't the case. I'm beyond fatigued with the Marvel universe and really, really don't want mainstream, AAA studios investing all their resources in these.

Am I overreacting? Probably. I don't know,.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Captain America game, with God of war mechanics (shield) , that would be awesome

Or a very dark, third person shooter the punisher game. Mature only.