• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that they gradually add characters as we switch to new locations. So once New York is done and we go to Tokyo or Paris more will be added.

New York lasts another week and a half. It seems we get a 2nd Tour after the current one ends, with Musician Mario being the featured character in the pipe instead of Pauline.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What item is it that attracts coins? I've seen a couple of times where another racer ahead of me will suck up a whole group at once.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting King Boo (Shown in a trailer) and Luigi will both be added during one of the tours in October. Makes sense both for Halloween and for release of Luigi's Mansion 3. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we also got Gooigi and/or E. Gadd as well.

Dolorean

Sep 20, 2019
I'm betting King Boo (Shown in a trailer) and Luigi will both be added during one of the tours in October. Makes sense both for Halloween and for release of Luigi's Mansion 3. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we also got Gooigi and/or E. Gadd as well.

That would make a ton of sense. Save Luigi for Luigi's Mansion release...

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just based on what content they've shown so far, I don't see them making an in-game tour for LM3. Tokyo and Paris tours have been highly marketed so I don't think we will wait too long for them, and if they come after New York finishes that puts us 4 more weeks out which sends us past October.

My guess is that they add Luigi, King Boo, and the DS Luigi's Mansion track to regular rotation to promote the game. We could maybe get E. Gadd or Gooigi too since newcomers don't exclusively need to be tour-based like we saw with Peachette.

Birdseeding

Mar 13, 2018
I'm having a lot of fun with this so far, honestly probably more than with Mario Kart 8D. I really like the challenge structure, it leads you on and keeps the interest up and doesn't overwhelm you with choices. Also, New York Minute has probably my favourite soundtrack of the year, especially once it doubles in speed.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just based on what content they've shown so far, I don't see them making an in-game tour for LM3. Tokyo and Paris tours have been highly marketed so I don't think we will wait too long for them, and if they come after New York finishes that puts us 4 more weeks out which sends us past October.

My guess is that they add Luigi, King Boo, and the DS Luigi's Mansion track to regular rotation to promote the game. We could maybe get E. Gadd or Gooigi too since newcomers don't exclusively need to be tour-based like we saw with Peachette.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Just a little bit of cross promotion, but nothing that takes away from the real world location focus that the tours have.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I think the worst part of them game to me is the daily limit to coins and exp. Like, once I hit that I just don't feel the point of playing the game anymore until the next day.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I like some of the track remixes quite a lot. Adding ramps and alternate paths is a really good idea to keep things varied.

I've made great progress on the challenges, but I still haven't found a good Bowser stage to get over 7000 points on. The only Bowser Castle stage is too short and hard to get 1st in for it to be viable.
I'm hoping once the last cups unlock for me there'll be a better option for him, otherwise I might have to wait and get Dry Bowser.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Twice now I've had enough points to 5 star the Diddy Kong cup NYM only to get screwed over by getting a coin in the final item box and then getting hit by a red shell on the final turn.

giphy.gif

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on the 3 bombs in one race challenge? Is there a character that's better for that?
Choose a track where your gloved character gets a frenzy and hang out around 4th-5th place hoping for a bomb frenzy. Alternatively choose a track where everyone is bunched together at the first item box (New York Minute and Rock Rock Mountain come to mind) and hope you manage to both get a bomb and it three people with it.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, how are Blue Shell frenzies supposed to work when Multiplayer arrives? 👀

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, how are Blue Shell frenzies supposed to work when Multiplayer arrives? 👀

Hopefully all of the wacky nonsense will be absent from multiplayer, frenzies are funny in SP but if every competitive race boils down to who has the favored course it's going to get old real quick. Personally I think in MP everyone should be able to hold two items, karts are just cosmetic, and your character only determines what special item you can get.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The gacha elements are overbearing, but I'm having decent fun with the actual gameplay. The controls are passable. Too bad there's no landscape option, though.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm liking it more now that I got used to the controls (manual drifting on, everything else off). I still have trouble with using items when I want to slightly steer, but I tried gyro and just couldn't get used to it).

I play until I hit the XP limit, so about 30-40 mins a day, which is not bad.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so it turns out I've exhausted all the super (giold) characters in the pipe. Now I can't pull anymore of them unless I reset the pipe (and thus lower my chances of getting Pauline). That sucks.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Choose a track where your gloved character gets a frenzy and hang out around 4th-5th place hoping for a bomb frenzy. Alternatively choose a track where everyone is bunched together at the first item box (New York Minute and Rock Rock Mountain come to mind) and hope you manage to both get a bomb and it three people with it.

That worked. Daisy did me well.

Also, the XP and coin cap are weird. As I get used to the controls and shit, I want to KEEP playing. But the game is telling me to stop. I don't understand.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They better have a sumo wrestler Mario for the Japanese tour, this game is seriously lacking in shirtless Mario options

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited for Paris than Tokyo so that there can be a high-end value Shy Guy. lol

For New York we saw Musician Mario right away but Nintendo kept Pauline a secret, so I'm curious if the second Paris character is also someone brand new to the series.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Seems the game is really popular.

Hadn't been paying attention but I've seen a lot of people playing this.

Also reviews seem to be really good. Tho I don't know how Apple user reviews are.

I tired playing again. But these types of games just hurt my hand. Mine are pretty big and small phone is a bad combination.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
  • ResetERA Username: Mr. Blue Sky
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: Mr.BlueSky
  • Friend-Code: 7012-4127-9485
Gartooth

Game is pretty alright but I don't really play past the dumb exp and coin caps. Still, would like to get some friends added if only fill out that last spot on the challenge card.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WHOO TAKE THAT NEW YORK MINUTE!

*Ahem* I decided to give it one last shot before bed and finally got the fifth grand star. Ended up getting super lucky with a lightning bolt and then immediately grabbed a mega mushroom that the bot in front of me dropped leading to a huge combo.

Oct 25, 2017
Feel free to add me
MKT Name: Tigray
Friend Code: 231942817958

I'm not sure how often I'll play.
I managed to unlock Daisy while playing enough.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, I need an advice. I want to collect all the characters, this is what I have right now.

EFnO7WvXoAEeO2T.jpg:large
I wanted to save my coins if a High-end character were available in the shop, but right now Baby Peach and Diddy Kong are available for 800 and 3000 coins respectively (I have 6300 coins right now). Should I buy those two characters or save my coins for later and pray the gacha gods? ):

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I had a moment of weakness and spent $20 tonight for that Mario + gems deal. I feel dirty and ashamed.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got 5 stars on the infamous Diddy Kong Cup - New York Minute without too much hassle. Just barely though.

Got nothing to do until the next cup opens up now. I'm itching to do my first 10 pull but I already have Pauline and I think Mario (Musician) is the next featured racer, and I don't really want him that much.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow the last 2 cups are complete BS. You basically need the track's featured frenzy character to even have a chance of getting all grand stars, but even then with scores > 10k you will need high driver stats and a lot of luck.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
For all the initial complaints about the Gold Pass even existing and then representing terrible value for money, I'll miss it when the trial runs out. I've had enough fun to justify another month at the very least.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I'm part of the problem, but this is damn enjoyable. I'm not going to sub +I'm not, I'm not, I'm not....), but it's a helluva thing to have MK on my mobile.

A helluva thing.b