Which region are you most looking forward to watching?

• South

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • East

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Midwest

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • West

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Zion

Votes: 66 46.2%

• Total voters

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyway...I feel bad for Johnny Dawkins, he's done pretty well at UCF. Not sure if he'll ever get the call for the Duke job when K leaves, I think the Stanford job did him in maybe. Although he got them 20 wins on off years, and now they are worse off than when he left.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
If I was a gm drafting 3rd I would look to fleece someone. RJ doesn't impress me. Zion put up great numbers again even though teams can pack the paint against him all game with the lack of shooting around him.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah this is why making statements of which school/which fanbase is more or less ethical is pointless. My alma mater produced Bob Dole and Sam Brownback so I've got little room to be the judge tbf
We're not (only) talking about alumni. Jerry Falwell Jr. is the president of their university ffs. And enjoy looking into his dad as well.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Agree with the first point but it was pretty blatant that something happened when they showed the rebound that UCF players were pretty far from the ball.

Wow I did not see this. Changes my opinion about the missed rebound for sure - feels like the refs wanted Duke to win. They swallowed the whistles when UCF is getting arm hooked and Zion is trucking people like a 99 overall Madden running back.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah this is why making statements of which school/which fanbase is more or less ethical is pointless. My alma mater produced Bob Dole and Sam Brownback so I've got little room to be the judge tbf

As far as I know, Duke doesn't have any questionable beliefs they espouse as a university.

Liberty's brand of Christianity is a blight on this country.

jakncoke

Nov 5, 2017
Seeing as we're off topic anyways, Jerry Falwell name drop made me just remember I havent seen The People vs. Larry Flynt with woody harrelson in awhile.

edit: another thought seeing we're talking about stuffs and what not wasnt long ago that I learned that California Baptist became a division1 bball school, what little requirements are there for a team to jump up

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As far as I know, Duke doesn't have any questionable beliefs they espouse as a university.

Liberty's brand of Christianity is a blight on this country.
Duke is still tied to the United Methodist General Conference and has a divinity school for aspiring protestant ministers. I don't know how much if it is still a focus given how much they push for international students, and all the money is in medical research. they also kicked Chic-Fil-A out of Wallace Wade and one of the student centers at the time they were getting a lot of bad press about their anti-LGBT views. Duke wouldn't commit to that reason, they just said chic fil-a's lease was up and they weren't looking to renew. Given how popular that restaurant is here in NC, something was driving that decision and it wasn't money

May 5, 2018
Yay Hokies win! The one double digit mid major we all didn't want to win loses. Now in a few minutes it'll be time for the real heroes of the tournament (UC Irvine) to rise up and hopefully be Sweet 16 bound. Unless there's some shady baggage Irvine has because I didn't know Liberty was actually sinister before entering this thread.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yay Hokies win! The one double digit mid major we all didn't want to win loses. Now in a few minutes it'll be time for the real heroes of the tournament (UC Irvine) to rise up and hopefully be Sweet 16 bound. Unless there's some shady baggage Irvine has because I didn't know Liberty was actually sinister before entering this thread.

Nope. Zot zot zot away.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Damn I'm watching walking dead expecting us to get blown out but here we are. I have to get up at 4am to work too ugh

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
bout as well as we could possibly play, we cant match the speed. This team way overachieved this year, but still always sad to see the season end.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is the worst season for upsets in a long time. If Houston holds on this has to be a record for all of the 1's, 2's and 3's making it to the Sweet 16. Hopefully all of next week's games will be God-tier

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to see what Holtmann can do once we get some actual players in here, good class coming in next year