Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The game actually looks really fun in the exploration/collectibles department. I'm not sure if I want to drop $40 on this though as it seems like something that will drop in price quick or end up on Game Pass. I'm torn.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man I'm loving it so far, sure it will get old but it's fun just chomping everything.

defently a B tier game but it's crazy. Good no thinking fun if that's something you need right now (and I sure do).

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Do you have to upgrade your shark before you can get to some of the collectibles in unlocked areas? e.g. the high up number plates?

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Just completed it. It is about 8 hours long if you do about 60% of the side content. I was max level for the last hour so I didn't feel like doing the rest that much.

There's really only 3/4 types of missions but I had fun with it. Probably best to keep your play sessions short with this one.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Played for an hour on PC. Performance is great.

But yeah, wasn't feeling it at all. I usually love quirky games and was really looking forward to this.

All the mechanics felt bad. Having to pull the trigger repeatedly to eat was awful. The animations were all wonky as hell, always snapping into poses. It didn't flow at all.

Very disappointed so far.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize this was an open world RPG. Kind of tempted to pick it up when it goes on sale.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Just finished the game, 100% and all achievements. What a ride this was. Such a mindlessly fun game. I honestly hope they make an expanded sequel either with another animal like a tiger, or with a shark again with more abilities and diversified gameplay.

Ascenion

Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Actually wait hold up, I'm sitting at 100% in every area but the Queen of the Ocean achievement won't unlock? Anybody else having an issue with that? I'm on Xbox One.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Actually wait hold up, I'm sitting at 100% in every area but the Queen of the Ocean achievement won't unlock? Anybody else having an issue with that? I'm on Xbox One.

theres a solution here you could try

www.trueachievements.com

Queen of the Ocean achievement in Maneater

How to unlock the Queen of the Ocean achievement in Maneater: Reach 100% objective completion in all regions. This achievement is worth 50 Gamerscore.

Ascenion

Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
theres a solution here you could try

www.trueachievements.com

Queen of the Ocean achievement in Maneater

How to unlock the Queen of the Ocean achievement in Maneater: Reach 100% objective completion in all regions. This achievement is worth 50 Gamerscore.

Appreciate it. At a casual glance I can't see anything that catches my eye not having a check mark, but the grates are kinda a mess. Gonna have to just sonar every area tomorrow. No biggie.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just made it to the end of the game. Mildly annoying they make you hit level 30 before finishing though. I was like 26 when I did everything else I could.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Beat the story in about 6.5 hours - I couldn't put it down.

It is janky and weird but I really, really enjoyed it. I will definitely 100% this so should get me at least 10 hours total. Happy with that for the price and I got another EGS coupon out of the deal.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't want to spend the money on this game now but I really appreciate that they basically made an old school B game.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
So reviews say the keyboard and mouse controls suck, but rarely go into why. Anyone here actually take a stab at it with m&kb and could say why/what their experience was like?

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
The game actually looks really fun in the exploration/collectibles department. I'm not sure if I want to drop $40 on this though as it seems like something that will drop in price quick or end up on Game Pass. I'm torn.
I always assumed the price would be very low when looking at this game. I didn't even think it could possibly be over 30 dollars. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
So reviews say the keyboard and mouse controls suck, but rarely go into why. Anyone here actually take a stab at it with m&kb and could say why/what their experience was like?

They don't suck, it's just that the mechanics of the game are kinda faulty. Like someone else said, the lock-on is nearly pointless since it breaks as soon as something goes outside your view area. There isn't much you can do other than that chomp on things, so I don't know what people would be expecting frankly; either you go with the grain in this game or you don't.

When I first started playing this game I honestly was so underwhelmed I almost tried refunding, but after spending about 2 hours with it I'm finally appreciating what the game is rather than focusing on what it isn't. Thinking of this game as an RPG is ... fucking dumb. It's just the ocean equivalent of fucking around in GTA rather than actually playing the game. If that sounds like a fun way to blow some steam, well, it is.

No way I can recommend the game at the current price point, but when it's at 15-20 bucks it's an easy recommend.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
havve had a few times when it didn't give a new story quest, still managed to find stuff to do and advance.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I think this game might break my controller. The trigger mashing is nuts. Also, stop throwing ridiculous numbers of makos at me. I just want to explore and do quests.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just finished it off, main campaign took me about 6 hours. Just the right length really considering its repetition. Enjoyable to a point, gonna give it 6.5/10 in my review.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
All done - I would say about 11-12 hours total for 100% completion.

Had a great time overall but I can see the complaints of repetition are completely valid - the game didn't really change up the formula for the duration.

Now I hope they add a few more evolutions and a NG+ because that would be a nice reason to play through again.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
I really don't like what happens to the controls when you place the camera in front of your shark (e.g. to see how you're doing when swimming away from enemies). Basically the controls are inverted when your camera is in this position; when you want your shark to swim down, it keeps surfacing all the time. Wish they had made that better.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Loving this stupid game

giphy.gif

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Achievement is still bugged for me. Anyone else having an issue with it?

Head to the gate in the southeast of Golden Shores. You'll see the red button at the top on the opposite side, you'll need to grab a fish, jump out of the water and tail whip it into the red button. That will open up the gate. This popped the trophy/achievement for me. I hadn't unlocked any other gate and it took me about 4 tries to get it.

Fun game! I 100%'d it just a bit ago and I had a blast with it. It doesn't overstay its welcome.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought this sight unseen and I kinda love it?

It's just so much fun chomping shit

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
i've done everything except for maxing out my infamy. it takes so long and i still have three of the hunters to go through

great game otherwise
Bone body special just wrecks through boats. Especially smaller ones. Activate it, whip into the smaller ships until they blow, eat the hunters, repeat. Each full boat taken down fills the meter. You'll get there in no time.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My order was shipped last Wednesday but it still hasn't arrived yet, due to covid and it being a bank holiday in the UK today.

Hoping it will finally turn up tomorrow but after finishing Nioh 2 I'm just sitting here bored now waiting lol.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
Just got it today, I can see it lasting me about 10 hours or so and I'm having a blast so far. It's a 7/10 for me just based on how ridiculous the presentation is and the fact that I can live out my shark revenge fantasy.

If you like campy movies and sharks, this is the game for you.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Well, I'm about eight to ten hours in right now. This is far from game of the year material, but for thirty dollars this game is a steal. Human models may be rough, but damn if the shark doesn't look and move good. Combat is simple, but very enjoyable. Shark upgrades are absurd and over the top, but they look cool as hell. The progression system is pretty well-made to keep me playing to see how big and absurd my shark can get.

In short, it's a perfect summer game.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just finished the game with 100% in every location, all hunters killed and everything upgraded to yellow. Took me 10 and half hours. In my top 3 games of the year so far.