• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is something about this scene that has been match in 14 teen years. Pure heroism of the scene still gives me goosebumps. It comes at right time. It uses the train trope to great effect as spider man has 2 stop this train. It evolves from fight scene to a super hero actually training to save innocent people which is something that is kinda lost in super hero movies, Seeing peter coming upper with multiple ways to stop the train and going beyond his limit to stop it was great. Man spider man 2 is fuckin top tier. That movie just has ittt.

Oct 25, 2017
The face Tobey makes during that scene is still unmatched.
0iBaL16.jpg

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems kind of corny to me nowadays. Used to love that movie when it came out too.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
They tried to mimic it in homecoming with the boat scene. I do agree with you when it comes to how great that scene was.

FantasyFreak07

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's spectacular.

Tobey may not be my favorite Peter Parker/Spider-Man but, as a whole, Spider-Man 2 is still my favorite superhero movie.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
4kf6bO.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n82ih3bPTy1rrkahjo10_500.gif

The escalation is insane, I haven't seen anything like it since the Titan fight in Infinity War.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"And me"

"And me"

"And me"

That scene is really corny
Except for the fact Ock just literally slams them all to the side, get's his man and leaves without anyone even coming close to stopping him. If they achieved anything, it'd have been corny, but being completely disregarded by the classiest character in the trilogy makes it hilarious.

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What makes it work is that we know what a runaway train looks like we understand that. We have a real world connection to it that we know it it's impossible to stop

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Except for the fact Ock just literally slams them all to the side, get's his man and leaves without anyone even coming close to stopping him. If they achieved anything, it'd have been corny, but being completely disregarded by the classiest character in the trilogy makes it hilarious.

That makes it cheesy especially since he pre-faces it with a one liner.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Can confirm. It's not even nostalgia based for me at this point.

No comic book movie balanced a fight, and selfless heroism better than that entire sequence did.

From start to finish that was a hell of a climax.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Love the movie but man looking at Doc today, dude looked so corny lmao. Like megacorny.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
lol it's weird that I was just listening to a podcast talking about this scene and this thread just showed up.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Humor in modern day super hero films is relegated to quips. Constant joking is the only way for a movie to be funny anymore. I want more cheese and slapstick. Give me some legitimately awkward moments. The Raimi Spider-Man movies mostly sucked but at least he knew how to direct a film.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Best part about the scene is when Otto parts those folks like the red sea.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So good. Still shocks me that Marvel still hasn't made a movie like SM2 in the MCU yet.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
The scene where they pass Peter over their heads inside the train and then, realising that their lives have been saved by a slightly built teenage boy, reassure him that they'll keep his identity secret. That's why Peter is the greatest comic hero.

It's so perfectly realised in that film.

Oct 25, 2017
The face Tobey makes during that scene is still unmatched.
0iBaL16.jpg
I know you're making fun, but Peter's expression range amongst the first two films will never be matched by today's Marvel fare. Stoic, smirking and mayyybe some welled up eyes here and there seem to be the extent of Marvel expressions. Meanwhile, Tobey's strain is fucking felt. His sobs and breakdowns are piercing. He's going through so much shit, he ain't got time to look good for the camera. You're never going to see Captain America ugly cry. Tobey's Peter is human.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I love the Raimi films but I don't understand the sudden resurgence of discussion around them. There's been a few threads. I think it coincides with new game and that YouTube video about how much the Raimi movies sucked. I know I rewatched the first film to see how it held up. I've been meaning to rewatch 2 too since I'm guessing I'll still love it.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm about to go through my 30s 'he's just a kid' is what I think every time I see Tom Holland.

Oct 26, 2017
The part where they made fun of this in the new Spiderman game is the only positive thing I can associate with this scene anymore.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Love the scene!

Though I always laughed at the part where the people unmask Peter

*sees nearly 30 year old Tobey Maguire*

"He's just a kid!"

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scene where they pass Peter over their heads inside the train and then, realising that their lives have been saved by a slightly built teenage boy, reassure him that they'll keep his identity secret. That's why Peter is the greatest comic hero.

It's so perfectly realised in that film.
That scene was ridiculous because as they pass him overhead you can see the ad padding of his costume depress under their fingers. It looks incredibly fake and better cinematography would have disguised that