Nov 1, 2017
I still can't get over the fact that they built a park on an island with an active volcano, twice. I mean, if the plot of Jurassic World never happened the park would have been doomed anyway by the damn volcano.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was great. Idiotic, illogical and riddled with complete nonsense and saddled with a stupid script; but still fantastic, one of the best 'worst' films I've seen for a while.

Thing is that's basically all the Jurrassic Park films. You're fooling yourself if you think any of them have even a shred of cohesion. And I love them all regardless.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I love that it basically turns into Resident Evil in the second half. But somehow dumber.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was great. Idiotic, illogical and riddled with complete nonsense and saddled with a stupid script; but still fantastic, one of the best 'worst' films I've seen for a while.

Thing is that's basically all the Jurrassic Park films. You're fooling yourself if you think any of them have even a shred of cohesion. And I love them all regardless.

What? The first film is fantastic and leagues beyond other brain dead blockbusters. Everything else is highly suspect.

Oct 27, 2017
What? The first film is fantastic and leagues beyond other brain dead blockbusters. Everything else is highly suspect.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jurassic Park so much and yes, it is vastly better than the sequels. But it's still riddled with stupid stuff and plot contrivances and the odd plot hole. It was Lost World that went full nonsense, but I love that one too.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I love Jurassic Park so much and yes, it is vastly better than the sequels. But it's still riddled with stupid stuff and plot contrivances and the odd plot hole. It was Lost World that went full nonsense, but I love that one too.

Ah yeah it has some of that, but I think it does a pretty good job of being somewhat plausible. Most blockbusters are outrageously dumb, at least JP tried to be something more!

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By far the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. Truly awful.

I couldn't even enjoy it on a campy or ironic level. I think it might be going for that? But it falls super flat, and is not a tone I want out of this franchise.

I choose to pretend it does not exist.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
the second is better than the first

UnfitTastyAmericanbobtail-max-1mb.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Fallen kingdom was a bizarre fucking movie.
Owen's character felt completely different, like he was some hardened badass instead of the "kick back and enjoy life guy" he was in the first.
The second half of the movie felt like resident evil but with dinosaurs, I'd say it was like dino crisis but it wasn't really. It was just strange. You have your big spooky mansion with dinos everywhere and a clone girl.

They had a she's actually clone subplot. With a little british girl, that shit is straight out of 90s survival horror games.
Goddamn.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll take your dinosaur thrillers very seriously I see.

I thought it was a pretty fun movie to watch. I wasn't looking for Schindler's List here haha.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Owen's character felt completely different, like he was some hardened badass instead of the "kick back and enjoy life guy" he was in the first.
The second half of the movie felt like resident evil but with dinosaurs, I'd say it was like dino crisis but it wasn't really. It was just strange. You have your big spooky mansion with dinos everywhere and a clone girl.

They had a she's actually clone subplot. With a little british girl, that shit is straight out of 90s survival horror games.
Goddamn.

Right...I watched it again over the weekend and thought the same about how bizarre it was.

The opening 5-10 mins. is still awesome though.

Oct 27, 2017
I fell asleep watching it. I think I was about half way through and there were surprisingly few dinosaurs or interesting things happening. Showing all the old stuff from the OG park felt very forced. Too much CGI.

It wasn't even entertainingly bad, cheesy, or campy.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Their solution to control the indoraptor to attack was by laser pointing the target attached to a rifle. If you already could, just pull the damn trigger. The end of the movie had the girl releasing a bunch of dinosaurs into the fucking suburb and our heroes drove away in a suv back home without telling anyone. They met eye to eye with a pterodactyl like it's not their fault. A trex ran into the forest. They're murderers. Blue ran across the hill attempting a majestic ending, just to overlook a neighborhood. Roll credits, so fucking dumb and I really enjoyed the first.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this movie only exist to

get the dinosaurs out in the wild so that the next movie is literally Jurassic World.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I count Jurassic Park as one of my top 5 favorite movies of all times.

After the travesty of Jurassic World I skipped fallen Kingdom until my brother lent me his 4K blu-ray over last xmas break.

I was hoping that as happens when people build in low expectations maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised with it.

I think I maybe understand how some Star Wars fans feel about the TLJ because I think Jurassic world 1 & 2 retroactically hurt my enjoyment of the original movie and its sequal.

I actually LOL'd with how fucking stupid the ending was.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
This is the only movie I've ever seen that was disappointing enough for my mind to play damage control and make me forget it even came out until I see the name pop up in thread titles and I start to remember.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What on God's green earth is the context for this???

He was hit with a tranquilizer dart, and he's trying to out-roll lava. Of course, his skin would be burning off if anyone was that close to lava, but movie.

What bothers me even more than the ridiculous nature of the scene is that it ruins what could have been a powerful moment for the film. Blue was shot and kidnapped, Owen left for dead.

That would have proceeded the (honestly) fantastic shot of the island being left behind, dinosaurs being covered in smoke, all of them moments away form dying.

Instead, they turned it into slapstick comedy.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I just want to see some dinosaurs, and for that this movie is a-ok.

Also, It's a Sci-fi movie with Dinos, the whole premise is dumb.

Also vol. 2 They sold those dinos too damn cheap. Like 10 mil for a dino? Sign me the fuck up. I'd sell everything I have and get six jobs more, to pay for that.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I went in expecting to at least get a good time out of how bad it was going to be. Outside of one ortwo parts, it was one of those movies that's so fucking bad it was painful and miserable to sit through rather than funny. I contemplated walking out of the theater several times. This franchise is one of the worst that's ever happened which is a shame considering how incredible the first one was.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Saw it again and still liked it. A lot. Incredible cinematography. The story was a little silly but a lot of fun. It had a bit of an 80s Amblim vibe.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Their solution to control the indoraptor to attack was by laser pointing the target attached to a rifle. If you already could, just pull the damn trigger. The end of the movie had the girl releasing a bunch of dinosaurs into the fucking suburb and our heroes drove away in a suv back home without telling anyone. They met eye to eye with a pterodactyl like it's not their fault. A trex ran into the forest. They're murderers. Blue ran across the hill attempting a majestic ending, just to overlook a neighborhood. Roll credits, so fucking dumb and I really enjoyed the first.
The best part is this is obviously the set up for the next movie, and this would, at maximum, take our military like a day to just put down the handful of dinosaurs that got loose.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
First jurassic world was stupid as hell too.

Not a "stupid but fun", just stupid

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I'm just waiting for the series to become self-aware and have someone ask "Why do we keep trying to reopen the park if we know bad shit will happen?" before getting impaled by a triceratops.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
As a die hard Jurassic Park fan (I literally went to the morning showing of the first six years ago when they brought it back to theaters) this was sort of the no go for me. I love Chris Pratt and all but really this just looked beyond fucking goofy to me and I was thinking about about buying the complete Bluray collection a few months ago when it was on sale on Amazon for like $30 and I just gave it a pass. Maybe when it's on AMC or FX on a movie night I'll watch it.

Nov 1, 2017

Goddamn.

BDH's character was completely different too. In the first she was all business and about the bottom line, in the second she's some kind of super "save the Dinos" activist. Almost feels like they swapped characters.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
easily one of the worst films I've seen in recent memory.

I was actually angry at how bad it was.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Lost World- JP2 is the best sequel – still remember seeing it in the theater and had the most walkouts I've ever seen… all were families who brought young children in. The scene with the two TRexes throwing up the guy up in the air and then tearing him in two was the walkout scene.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Lost World- JP2 is the best sequel – still remember seeing it in the theater and had the most walkouts I've ever seen… all were families who brought young children in. The scene with the two TRexes throwing up the guy up in the air and then tearing him in two was the walkout scene.

I should finally watch this.

Oct 25, 2017
BDH's character was completely different too. In the first she was all business and about the bottom line, in the second she's some kind of super "save the Dinos" activist. Almost feels like they swapped characters.
Yeah just very bizarre inconsistencies with characterization.
You know, I hate to say it but I think jurassic park just doesn't work well without a child protagonist.