GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif
This was actually completely ruined in 9 by having the victim's head explode right away, so Weiss is right. It turned "Quan Chi beats someone to death with their own leg" to "Quan Chi quickly kills someone with their own leg and then slaps their corpse repeatedly."

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Neat. Would have been cooler if the lower half didn't drop off beforehand and instead the legs dangled limply beneath. Same with the head, if the two chunks hung off to the side still attached by the neck tissue.

On a side note, why do all head splits in this game result in seemingly perfectly even symmetrical chunks?

Fatalities are never cool if they continue after the victim has died.

Finally someone who feels the same.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
This is cool, but have you considered its impact on the narrative?

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
That's good.

Reminds me of this memory I have of a half-spider woman who kisses a dude and then a big spider comes out of his mouth. I think it was Arachne from Hercules the legendary journey but I'm not sure.

238749.jpg

I was half-expecting D'Vorrah to give Jax the kiss of death and THEN turn him into a bug. But it's still good nonetheless

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm nowhere near as in love with this character as NRS blatantly are, but her design/model looks pretty amazing and this Fatality is nightmarish. Good shit.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Fatalities are never cool if they continue after the victim has died.

I thought I'm the only one.
Mutilating a corpse is boring. Fatalities should end on death nearly every time.

UPD: granted, I do believe that can be exceptions, when concept is strong enough and this one is actually one of those. I guess it comes down to why they continue past death. Is it just senlessly beating a corpse, or is it just natural progression of what happened at the moment of death. This one is progression. But like, all the fatalities where they just keep dicing bits that are already diced or whatever are lame.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
There is nothing unique about this fatality. This shit is legit ripped straight from the movie The Thing. I agree its cool but it is a case of been there done that.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
thats more cheesy than usual
A bug that grows super fast and perfectly aligned with his torso and head? just made me chuckle

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I am so desensitized, this didn't really do it for me.

Yeah, same here. But besides me already used to Gore, the fatality is kinda meh?

The best one in the game so far is Scorpion Chain fatality, because they end in an amazing pose and its creative.

As someone said earlier, Fatalities that continue after the character dies are a bit... anti climatic? Seems to be the best way to describe it.

We need stuff closer to Scorpion Chain Fatality or Johnny Cage on, those 2 are the best in MK11 IMO.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
That was a cool fatality, easily top 3 of MK11.

1. Noob's shadow kill from the inside
2. Johnny Cage's Blooper Uppercut (Triple Uppercut remake)
3. This one.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Yeah I loved that one and she looks so much cooler with her hood on.
Best newcomer is treasure goblin tho, love that fucker.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just seeing a lesser version of that Dead Space death animation. Now that was unnerving.

SUPARNOVAX

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
And they should prevent people from pausing and exiting the match when they lose. We need to see this. Over and over and over again. :D

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Imagine the development process of this fatality.

"Okay, so uh.. I don' t know, how about.. alright, so she stabs him with her insect legs.."
"Aaaand?.."
"Uhm.. He's about to fall over right? Then she grabs him again and.... Hmm"
"Oh I got it, I got it.."
"Ohkay, yeah me too!"
*Both together* "Barfs a parasitic fluid into his mouth!"
*chuckling*
"Fatality!"
"No no that's not the end, then like, legs come out of his head!"
"N-no-no, the body, the body"
"Yeah yeah"
""Okay, then,... so then... well the legs come out-"
"-Legs come out and the rest of the body just like, falls off"
"Yeah, yes.. Fatality, sweet!"
"Yeah pretty good... Mm... Needs.. needs a little something else."
"Yeah maybe a little somethin..."
"Okay, so all of that, then his head explodes"
"Explodes in half!"
"Oh nice, and maggots are still on his lips dude"
"Haha rad."

So is it cool, really stupid, or both? You decide.