• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Hm, did you disable soft shadows specifically? Those are wildly expensive for their visual impact. I'm pretty sure Durante just includes them to show off. That, and in certain scenes the highest draw distance setting, are the only things I can think of that would cause a major performance drop.
I'd like to note that I don't include them just to show off ;)
I include stuff like those high-end settings because I play all these games for hundreds of hours and like using these features. And because I feel like people shouldn't be too limited in what they can do to make the game look (near-)perfect (on a technical level) e.g. 10 years from now.

I feel this is more important than the "danger" of them introducing the possiblity of people being disappointed by performance at the highest settings. In the upcoming ToCS3 release there are combinations of shadow settings that make it drop below 40 FPS on 2080Ti :P

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
damn it, I passed on this game twice in both sales because I thought it wouldn't get patched. Now its back at £45 :(