Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Dr. Robotnik just does it for the coolness factor. Dr. Robotnik is cooler than you OP.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Theory: Robotnik had to make cuts to his arsenal in Sonic 2 in order to finance the Death Egg.

Why do you think he spends all of Sonic 3 trying to get it back into space? He sunk to much cost into it to scrap it. Then Sonic completely destroys it, Robotnik goes bankrupt, and can't afford another scheme, which is why you never see another classic era game until Mania, which involves traveling back in time to when Robotnik was financially capable.

Oct 27, 2017
Theory: Robotnik had to make cuts to his arsenal in Sonic 2 in order to finance the Death Egg.

Why do you think he spends all of Sonic 3 trying to get it back into space? He sunk to much cost into it to scrap it. Then Sonic completely destroys it, Robotnik goes bankrupt, and can't afford another scheme, which is why you never see another classic era game until Mania, which involves traveling back in time to when Robotnik was financially capable.

He had space stations in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Unleashed though. Must've had a trust fund or something.

Have the games ever explained how he finances all his space stations, battle fleets, fortresses etc.?

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
He had space stations in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Unleashed though. Must've had a trust fund or something.

Have the games ever explained how he finances all his space stations, battle fleets, fortresses etc.?
Is Sonic Unleashed classic era? And yeah the theory falls apart once you throw spin-offs and 8 bit titles into the mix. I like to think he's an actual researcher who receives government grants for research, but ends up misappropriating them towards taking over the world.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I guess he didn't have enough time to get the egg mobile running on the Propulsion engine after Sonic destroyed it in Sonic 1 hence the need to use rotor blades in the first boss battle?

Oct 27, 2017
Is Sonic Unleashed classic era? And yeah the theory falls apart once you throw spin-offs and 8 bit titles into the mix. I like to think he's an actual researcher who receives government grants for research, but ends up misappropriating them towards taking over the world.

If you're talking classic era only, Sonic Triple Trouble released after S&K, and Robotnik had a fairly elaborate lair in the final zone, so he couldn't have been completely broke after S3&K.

If you've seen the movie, Robotnik actually comments on how he finances his inventions there.

It's all taxpayer money, lol.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
SEGA has to do the right thing and recall every single copy of the game, bury them in the desert and pretend the game never existed.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Sonic 2 was the very game that introduced me to the franchise.

But after reading this, I'm feeling very conflicted about holding it in high regard. Thanks Era.

Maybe these feelings will subside with time.

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic 2 was the very game that introduced me to the franchise.

But after reading this, I'm feeling very conflicted about holding it in high regard. Thanks Era.

Maybe these feelings will subside with time.

Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
Sonic 2 is something else
You are still right here

What has it become
That sweet-ass game
Everything you knew went away
It's a shame
And it could have it all
Though Hill Top Zone is dirt
But it let you down
Sonic made you hurt

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bigger question is why he thought that fucking drill would be enough to kill Sonic. It's literally a Koopa Troopa, just goes left and right.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
He probably wanted a helicopter version? Robotnik is kind of insane and builds all kinds of ridiculous contraptions and worlds
that's not a "major plot hole" lol

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
The seventh one falls from the sky during the title screen.

This is real isn't it?

I don't think it's ever explained but I think in Heroes, Lost World or Colors Sonic actually questioned where Eggman gets the money to build all his crap.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
He couldn't install thrusters on the bottom because that would burn against the car's chassis?
This is likely the real answer.
It's a 2 part machine, and the bottom of the flying portion needs to be able to slot safely into the driving portion.
Him installing helicopter blades in such a specific case is filling what would otherwise be the real plot hole.

Case closed.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Bigger question is why he thought that fucking drill would be enough to kill Sonic. It's literally a Koopa Troopa, just goes left and right.

He should have let the rotors run during the battle, like he's part of a Trump press conference, then he'd be invulnerable from above, making his craft effectively indestructible. Clearly the answer is that Eggman is fundamentally repulsed by the idea of actually killing Sonic but knows he has to do something to prevent him from wrecking shit at all his factories, laboratories, and other such bases of operations.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that Sonic is blue in the first game and blue in the 2nd game as well. Zero character progression

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Why does Robotnik's capsule ship have a head light in Sonic 1 and no headlight in Sonic 2?

d4l5wmx-64a822af-e5c3-4624-a467-28495697cf7f.gif
laserforsomereasonghje2.gif

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Robotnik just learned to have some redundancies in play, in case a damn blue hedgehog intervenes with his plans.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The helicopter blades were needed to carry the extra weight of his drill car.
after it was destroyed, he could've flown without the blades, but it would require him reprogramming it on the spot,
so he left them on as he escaped.

but more importantly, if he is half man, half egg, why hasn't he hatched yet?

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The helicopter blades were needed to carry the extra weight of his drill car.
after it was destroyed, he could've flown without the blades, but it would require him reprogramming it on the spot,
so he left them on as he escaped.

but more importantly, if he is half man, half egg, why hasn't he hatched yet?
I don't want to see this to develop further