• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jason Schreier finally starting a PlayStation fan site? I kid I kid.....I wish them luck if it is a new site and look forward to it

Cengizhan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
Considering this tweet:

I can understand if Jason will kickstart his own thing. He's also a well-known face in the industry, seems to be on top of his game regarding insider information and I really liked his book as well. He'd be able to carry his own gaming journalist website, considering at times it feels like he's carrying Kotaku. I thought Kirk Hamilton left the industry to pursue his dreams in music though. Is he back? Or did I miss something?

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Maddy is very good, Jason is goat. Kotaku has lost everything that made it worthwhile. Spanfeller is going have to watch that ship sink. It's all due to his "I am rich, therefore I am smart"-attitude

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Hope good things are in for Jason. I'll support him wherever he goes. Dude is the best in the industry at what he does.

Blood, Sweat and Pixels 2 when tho

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
If they are going to be doing their own thing I would like to read Kirk's writing again, he was always one of my favorites at Kotaku when he was writing. I will say that if they do splinter into their own thing it might be harder for Jason to do his usual investigations just due the lawyering some of those pieces involve. Since it's just the Splitscreen crew maybe a simpler answer such as doing the show likv on Twitch or other video related thing.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I will say that if they do splinter into their own thing it might be harder for Jason to do his usual investigations just due the lawyering some of those pieces involve. Since it's just the Splitscreen crew maybe a simpler answer such as doing the show likv on Twitch or other video related thing.

This is a good point. Could definitely see some companies in the industry considering it open season as a result. I would prefer them to splinter off, but being part of a broader media company does offer that extra layer of protection.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, there's no new episode in my Splitscreen feed like there usually is every Thursday morning. Wonder why...

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Starting their own company to host/promote a video game event to replace E3?

Someone needs to. Why not make it the dude who already knows everything.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like every relevant journo is headed to Patreon. Happy for them if that's the case, they deserve to steer their own ship

Oct 24, 2019
Is Schreier starting his own website really big news? I mean good for him if that's what it is, but what would that practically mean for any of us?

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Also can ya'll chill with "Well there goes to only reason to care about Kotaku!" posts? I'm not the closest reader to where I have internalized the names of the different writers, and obviously Jason is great, but that's disrespectful to others there.

I disagree. The site is terrible, and the vast majority of articles written for it are low effort garbage. This isn't a five year old child's refrigerator door. People are not entitled to have their work respected simply because they made it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the Deadspin debacle I was honestly expecting Jason to form something new on his own. I'm assuming that's what this is.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
What are the big games that could be delayed?

Cyberpunk and The Last of Us have been there and done that.

Zelda never had a date.

What else is coming?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What are the big games that could be delayed?

Cyberpunk and The Last of Us have been there and done that.

Zelda never had a date.

What else is coming?
I think Cyberpunk is hitting its date. Who knows about Last of Us. I'm sure Zelda was always on track for next year with the anniversary of the franchise.

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
I'll follow them wherever they go. I love Jason and Kirk, and Madi continues to grow on me more and more in time (I'm just not a big sarcasm person, so it's taken time for me to warm up to her style of humor).

If they start a Patreon, I'll contribute financially as well. I know Patreon has worked extremely well for ex-Kotakuite Tim Rogers.