Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
The archetypal RPG protagonist would help you find your keys with the exact same urgency as they would have when clearing a dungeon.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's hard to project our senses of what a "good person" is in real life to a lot of characters who exist in worlds that are nothing like our own. Many times, the characters being born into some kind of conflict or much more violent/dangerous society. And while there are examples of characters who are written to be very overt "good" types in these worlds, I think the net of what a "good person" is can be cast a little wider given the context of some of these universes. Like, a character might start off with less "good" traits and behaviours, but grow into them over the course of a story.

Saying that, Leon and Claire seem like they fit quite well here.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Ichiban will pay for your expensive medical bill by applying to be the CEO of a dying store, turning that store into one of the country's top profitable company, and fostering a healthy work place with promotions and extensive PTO.

He's a real one.
Ichiban may actually be the worlds ONLY ethical billionaire.

(If you conveniently ignore he used a portion of his companies funds to complete an orbital death-ray)

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Eh, not THAT easy, considering he's susceptible to the Dark Hadou and has briefly become Evil Ryu at least once in the canon. Ken is actually the more good person.

EDIT: "Fighting Street"??
Even the best of us can fall prey to sodium overdosing like Ryu did that one time. Meanwhile, Ken is canonically a cryptobro.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, like, all of them? Lol.

Mario, Sonic, Link, Samus, Sora, Leon, Peter/Miles...

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
0bc33192c0577c8c3d2ce348a6f33193cf441eba_00.jpg
Phoenix Wright

NTMBK

May 22, 2023
chloe_price.jpg

She doesn't take shit and she puts up a tough attitude to hide her pain, but she's actually a good person.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
Link seems like a pretty chill guy to hang out with. Although he does have that nasty habit of breaking into people's houses to break their pots, but that's it.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Eh, not THAT easy, considering he's susceptible to the Dark Hadou and has briefly become Evil Ryu at least once in the canon. Ken is actually the more good person.

EDIT: "Fighting Street"??
Yeah but overcoming the dark hadou is kind of a proof that he is indeed a good person. I feel like a bad person would have succomb to it.
Also you dont know the popular fighting game Fighting Street the Sixth?
Its just a ref to an old website I use to visit where they would compile list of cameo and reference in street fighter game.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
A handful of Resident Evil protagonists, but especially Claire Redfield. She was never a cop, never a government agent, and always puts others handily before herself.

Also, while it's absolutely horrible and shouldn't be considered canon, Claire also holds Leon to task in Infinite Darkness for being a government stooge and not being willing to hold institutions accountable for their actions.

Last edited:

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban Kasuga, Like a Dragon. Dude is not a Yakuza, not at heart. He's one of the best guys around and will always have your back.

iu

Ichiban is a masterclass in emphatic writting :

how do you make your audience accept a new lead, after 15 years ?
Check Like a Dragon : after 15 minutes, I was in love with the guy, after an an hour, I was ready to give my life for Ichiban.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
iu

Dude doesnt even like fighting..he just does it cause he HAS to

iu

Calls his mom routinely. He is a good kid

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Peter and Miles are like sickeningly good people. I'm legit jealous of how good they are.

I've also always considered my WoL in FFXIV as a ridiculously good person because I guess they basically are. Always helping people with the most mundane of tasks out of the kindness of their heart. Man I'm not a nice person.

Vanguarder

Banned
Oct 8, 2023
Yeah, most main characters on videogames fall on the hero archetype, but which characters are honestly good people who you would like to hang out with?

My vote goes to Zagreus from Hades.
The guy looks like an edgy character, but he is a good guy, caring and with a great sense of humor.
Hades-Games-3.jpg

Please try to restrict it to main characters, and please name the character and the game!
Post away!
Saw the post title and surprised (delighted)to see Zag. What a great character.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
Max-Payne-03.jpg

Can we argue Max Payne? Yes he was a former cop but he always seemed to have a great sense of justice. He is only concerned with the big time criminals like the Russian, Italian mob or the human traffickers in Brazil etc. He doesn't strike me as someone who would abuse an innocent kid or go after petty crime or abuse his position in general

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
The correct answer is Arthur Morgan. He is a man who, by all rights, should be a bad hombre and yet he actively works to become a better person.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XVI, Clive. He had so many great moments. My favorite protagonist in the series and I've been playing them since the SNES era.

My choice for the opposite thread about main characters who are villains:
Wander from Shadow of the Colossus

red mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 17, 2023
Final Fantasy XVI, Clive. He had so many great moments. My favorite protagonist in the series and I've been playing them since the SNES era.

My choice for the opposite thread about main characters who are villains:
Wander from Shadow of the Colossus

Most FF main protagonists in the main series qualify IMO

Aside from Cecil

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
The correct answer is Arthur Morgan. He is a man who, by all rights, should be a bad hombre and yet he actively works to become a better person.
I wouldn't say he was a good person per say.... but he did strive to be good at the very end. He was essentially manipulated and groomed to be a criminal since he was a kid (not an excuse) but I feel the game does show that he is ultimately a good person who was just wrestling with a giant his whole life

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I wouldn't say he was a good person per say.... but he did strive to be good at the very end. He was essentially manipulated and groomed to be a criminal since he was a kid (not an excuse) but I feel the game does show that he is ultimately a good person who was just wrestling with a giant his whole life

And that is the definition of a good person, someone who strives to be better.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Ichiban Kasuga, Like a Dragon. Dude is not a Yakuza, not at heart. He's one of the best guys around and will always have your back.

iu

Yep.

Unlike Kiryu, Ichiban never actually climbed the yakuza ladder, he was always shit at being a yakuza too, wasnt willing to just shake people down.
Kiryu made it to the very top end of the yakuza ladder and was about to get his own family in Y1, so it's pretty obvious he's done a lot of shady shit. Not killing, but that's a pretty low bar to clear lol.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
The protagonist (Martin Walker) in Spec Ops: the line. The game even has a disclaimer that tells you this.

MayorTinstle

Sep 19, 2023
Booker_dewitt.jpg

Who needs an army when you have a hero like Booker DeWitt?

&

1122009-wanda.jpg

This fellow slays all the big bad monsters! What could be more good-er?

But for real, I'd like to pick:
shovelKnight.0.png

Our trusty heroic knight of tools! Always does the right things 100% of the time. That sounds super generic, but SK pulls it off with style and is somehow is still cool doing it. Shoutout to 2/3 of the other playable characters too, who end up being more good then one might expect.

&

latest

The Witch from Wytchwood (If you haven't played it, go do it now). They help people dealing with some seriously sticky situations. Despite their spooky look and "dark" reputation, they do so much good in their world and change folks' lives for the better.

&
latest

She acts tough and mean, but has a soft and gentle heart underneath it all. Saving the world and the little folks, I'd definitely say she is a truly good person!

Last edited: