• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Will it? Be Potterless, I mean.
They commissioned 126 pieces of bonus art that are definitely not Harry Potter themed. I find it hard to imagine there are also Harry Potter themed cards in the set. If there were Harry Potter cards, it'd have to be a Secret Lair, which they can just not do, especially since they're printed on demand. Plus, for Universes Beyond, they announced things for Warhammer and Lord of the Rings well ahead of time. If there was something for Harry Potter, you'd think they'd have announced it by now.

Strixhaven - Gavin hints; Kasmina, Enigma Sage; Professor Onyx
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Commander Decks will have professors as commanders; so the Elder Dragons must be in the set proper
1: There is a monowhite card that creates treasure.
2: There are two cards which call back to the same mechanical reference as something in Future Sight.
3: There is a chef that makes food tokens.
4: There is a card which gives you a bonus when you cast a spell with mana value 10 or greater.
5: There is a red creature with flash that, upon entering the battlefield, casts a popular, old multiplayer spell.
6: There is a card that creates face down permanents that are not morphs. (Or manifests, or similar.)

Three card names:
Inferno Project
Bold Plagarist
Paradox Zone

018e8389-174e-4ac4-be3c-d2a65ea535ed.png

So this is Kasmina's plane after all. This is another 1GU planeswalker, but it looks pretty safe. Years ago I was joking about a Math creature type, and we kind of got one here!

Danny Trejo of all people revealing a new Liliana card

ExGO6E3VoAU61IR

Magecraft must be an overarching set mechanic that all the colleges have. So does that mean six mechanics?

Last edited:

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
That Liliana is mostly back to the boring planeswalker design but they're fun abilities to untap with. Plenty of people will be forcing her into Grixis piles in standard.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out Professor Onyx goes infinite with this card if you target yourself.
6bfe64f9-8b03-41f6-a47b-fade397ad9d1.jpg

I assume it'll be the same for other magecraft cards.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly looking at ways to break her ultimate with that and couldn't understand what you were talking about. I then re-read her card and remembered her static ability. Nuts!

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
|OT| home school arena
|OT| Tuition costs a swamp and a plains
|OT| bring your signed planeswalking pass

I'm running on like 2 hours of sleep so no idea if these make sense to anyone else lol.

That Liliana is mostly back to the boring planeswalker design but they're fun abilities to untap with. Plenty of people will be forcing her into Grixis piles in standard.
Eh grixis? I see her more being added to the sultai ultimatum decks, tho she doesn't seem to be as good as tibalt for the same price. Grixis doesn't really have a great deck right now for her to slot into unless there's tons of stuff to support grixis in strixhaven.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness Kasmina is coming out far after WotS' various planeswalkers have shifted out, as her +2 seems like it would otherwise invalidate a lot of the downside of those more limited walkers.

(Just ignore the recent vorinclex and other enablers, lol).

New Liliana abilities seems a bit safe, considering it takes 3 turns to even get up to ulting potential without shenanigans like said Vorinclex, but if the rest of the magecraft static abilities are anywhere near that good, that seems like it has potential to get out of hand real quick.

Realistically, I suppose they undertuned her non-ult abilities to balance out magecraft.

It does make me wonder how common planeswalkers having static abilities/keywords will be going forwards, though.

Curious story-wise how Liliana ended up here (and teaching), too.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Eh grixis? I see her more being added to the sultai ultimatum decks, tho she doesn't seem to be as good as tibalt for the same price. Grixis doesn't really have a great deck right now for her to slot into unless there's tons of stuff to support grixis in strixhaven.
Grixis doesn't need to be good for people to make Grixis piles

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Magic Legends (MTG ARPG) 1 day early event multiple use key!

6FEP2H9U4NHJ4KEZ6AM96KE2 the giveaway was a disaster so a dev gave it away on some discord i just redeemed it, this still works redeem the code on arc launcher or at https://www.arcgames.com/en/code-redemption launch the game on epic if you dont wanna install arc launcher, log in using the...

Made a thread for magic legends early beta multiple use code, I used it and it still works

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The card number on the bottom indicates she's in the main set.

About OT titles, here's what has gotten approvals from other people so far:
No TERFs on school turf!
Write your fanfics about this instead
Tuition is free, the cards are not
Potterless

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like all of those. Potterless is the simplest, but it doesn't really scream 'magic'. "Tuition is free, the cards are not" seems the cleanest.

Strixhaven - Where to find previews

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Strixhaven - Gavin hints part 2
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Note that these hints (and the previous Gavin hints) are for the Commander decks only
Hint #1: There is a permanent with an ability that begins, "Whenever a Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, or Serpent..."
Hint #2: There is a card which does something for X, where X is your commander's mana value.
Hint #3: There is a card that asks you to secretly choose an opponent.
Hint #4: There is a card which gives named counters that act like a popular multiplayer cycle.
Hint #5: There is a legendary creature with 3 different tap abilities.
Hint #6: There is a new card with... the storm mechanic?!?!?!?

Card names:
Geometric Nexus
Perplexing Test
Monologue Tax

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Arena coming to iOS tomorrow.

magic.wizards.com

MTG Arena Announcements, March 24, 2021 | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

Catch up with the latest info and events on MTG Arena.

magic.wizards.com

Where to Find Strixhaven and C21 Previews | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

What's been previewed, what's going to be previewed, and where you can find all of it for Strixhaven: School of Mages and Commander (2021 Edition), right here!

Wow, that's sooner than I expected!

Has anyone here been playing on an android phone or tablet? How's it been? I'll be trying it on my 6.1 inch phone... not expecting it to be the least frustrating experience in the world, but hoping it's passable.

laikalot

May 30, 2020
Wow, that's sooner than I expected!

Has anyone here been playing on an android phone or tablet? How's it been? I'll be trying it on my 6.1 inch phone... not expecting it to be the least frustrating experience in the world, but hoping it's passable.

I've played a small handful of matches on my phone. Thus far sticking to play relatively uncomplicated decks. I did have one instance where the card (I think it was Overwhelming Splendor) required me to target my opponent and for the life of me I could not get it to work. Other than that it has been fine, albeit cumbersome at times.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I found a couple of the semi-recent Ravnica guild kits at MSRP and snatched them up...as an EDH-only player, wow, these things are insane value for EDH heads. It's practically a Commander product. Almost everything is a singleton and there are fire cards like Protean Hulk, Guardian Project, etc. Plus they come with some of the best commanders in the colors. It would be cool to see something like this again, do it for Strixhaven and call them "back to school kits" or "lesson plans".

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I found a couple of the semi-recent Ravnica guild kits at MSRP and snatched them up...as an EDH-only player, wow, these things are insane value for EDH heads. It's practically a Commander product. Almost everything is a singleton and there are fire cards like Protean Hulk, Guardian Project, etc. Plus they come with some of the best commanders in the colors. It would be cool to see something like this again, do it for Strixhaven and call them "back to school kits" or "lesson plans".
The guild kits were fantastic products for the price, cool alt art versions of characters as well, even the other random materials (the pins, the stickers) were neat. Have the orzhov sticker on my laptop still

Feb 16, 2018
latest episode of Limited Resources podcast has a guest analyst/scientist looking at data about the arena draft formats

it went into some differences between rigged shuffler (bo1) and random shuffler (bo3) and how the formats differ as a result

it was a lot of stuff we knew anecdotally (like bo1 being way more aggro-focused), but they have hard evidence to back up some of those assertions now

very interesting episode compared to their usual stuff if you have any interest in limited. not sure if the same information is out there in an article form

Status
Not open for further replies.