• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
It's more that I trust people who play scum really well even less and I'm wary about giving them any ammunition they can use. Realistically, I could see scumMonkey or scumSorian using it as an extra night kill and being able to talk their way out of it just fine.

There are many players here who could talk themselves out of a hole, not just them. But it's the risk you take with a mechanic like this.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't like either Fran or Ketkats feelings vs the leadership vote.

I like Sorian and Panda's reactions because they mirror my own, which is basically ruling yourself out as a leader seems weird right now because right now as a player you only know your own alignment, so you should be pretty alright with leading the charge if you're town. I don't buy getting it wrong on day 1 as a valid reason to sit out.

With words and trickery. Just you wait, you'll see. You'l all see!
Let's not forget Monkey's override in the invitational. She got out of that one despite lynching town Blarg over scum Sorian.

neither of these posts make me feel like I should avoid voting Sorian or Monkey, the 'scum masters'

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I'd appreciate it if you didn't keep twisting my words to form an argument. I said the opposite: "strong conviction" is the sign of a strong leader. The one who should be voted for this day phase is someone who actually has a plan, an objective, and a goal in mind for the benefit of ultimately lynching scum. Not someone random who doesn't have a clear position or reason to want to be leader.

For me, I don't currently have a plan like that, or a reason to want to be leader over someone else other than the potential of having scum ending up being elected.
You said:
I always vote for the ones I believe would be the best to vote for, without caring for consensus.
No twisting of words was done. You denounced my question of your conviction so the assumption was that you appear to think you do have conviction.

Clearly you don't have a plan you can just execute right now. Not many players can (or should) have one less than an hour into the game.

Also I'd argue we don't necessarily need a "strong leader." Just a leader that can give us the most information.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
It's more that I trust people who play scum really well even less and I'm wary about giving them any ammunition they can use. Realistically, I could see scumMonkey or scumSorian using it as an extra night kill and being able to talk their way out of it just fine.
So you don't want to give leader to someone that you don't think will be held accountable for their actions yet you advocate an RNG lynch?

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
So you haven't gotten nothing of value in the less than an hour since the game started? There are players that even haven't posted yet but that's your take?

This sound like a bullshit excuse and you know it.
Is it?

Flux has taken the same stance as you but I've still gathered a lot of information about him and his play. I don't feel that way about you, no matter how early in the game it is.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
i dont wanna vote for anybobby because no much info not that good playerz :( is SCARED is BAA sheep tell me who follow

no lunch

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
which makes wanting to be leader the obvious scum play
nsCMhxq.gif

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Terraforce's posts rub me the wrong way for reasons I can't fully explain. But it has in part to do with this.

I find it hard to believe he didn't notice the modifiers yet acted the way he did in the first post.
Grizzly told us to read the modifier in the first post of the day, Terra could've easily done that mistake. This is nothing.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You said:

No twisting of words was done. You denounced my question of your conviction so the assumption was that you appear to think you do have conviction.

Clearly you don't have a plan you can just execute right now. Not many players can (or should) have one less than an hour into the game.

Also I'd argue we don't necessarily need a "strong leader." Just a leader that can give us the most information.
I mean, now you're taking two different circumstances and mashing them together. I have had strong conviction for who to lynch on D1 before. I do not have that right now, and I may not have it later. Even if I do, I think I'd rather appeal to the leader instead of representing everyone on my own.

And sure, I agree that the leader doesn't need to have a direction themselves and, really, anyone who will give us the most information works. But I think that, naturally, those who will will be the ones who have something they want to achieve.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
if i was leader as scum i just buss a teammate 100% and then win on the final day

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think being a mod is going to make me play any better, other than ensuring that I'm on my best behavior.

It's good that you're wary of me, of least.
Of course, just messing with that mod mention haha.

I'll add Ketkat to my list as well. Normally I find myself low key agreeing with everything she posts, but she already posted a bit on a few weird assumptions.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Terraforce's posts rub me the wrong way for reasons I can't fully explain. But it has in part to do with this.

I find it hard to believe he didn't notice the modifiers yet acted the way he did in the first post.

I mean, it was in bright red lettering right as the day started. Who reads the front page anymore? :P

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
neither of these posts make me feel like I should avoid voting Sorian or Monkey, the 'scum masters'

I think I would need to be almost certain than Sorian is town to contemplate giving him the power. Monkey IDK if I trust her to make the correct decision either way.

I do agree that whoever we elect doesn't have to hit mafia or else since we should be giving this to the person people think is the most town.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you don't want to give leader to someone that you don't think will be held accountable for their actions yet you advocate an RNG lynch?

RNG for me, accountability for thee

But seriously, regardless of whether or not I actually pulled a name out of a hat, no one else in the game would be able to verify that and I would expect people to question why I chose whoever I did. It just sounded like a fun idea at the time to throw out for no real reason. At least no one's advocated for a no lynch on Day 1 yet!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Is it?

Flux has taken the same stance as you but I've still gathered a lot of information about him and his play. I don't feel that way about you, no matter how early in the game it is.

Yes, it is when you want to lynch a player with just the info that you have from the first hour of the game. It looks like you are using cheaps excuses to justify a weak lynch.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Natiko, Geno, Faddy, Sorian seem to be about what I expect right now.

Flux/Terra needs reading in the morning, they're writing too much.

Pirate Bae is interesting, both for suggesting targeting Flux/Fran already and claiming Fran has done nothing of value. Fran's left one of the strongest impressions on me so far.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if i was leader as scum i just buss a teammate 100% and then win on the final day
rac, who would you execute if you get elected today?

By "what needs to be done" you mean Blarg? lol
QUOTE="Geno, post: 16606234, member: 24233"]Damn this is actually smart.[/QUOTE]

Is this serious?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Post #73 and #74 are the posts I read that mention voting, but have no indication on modifiers which appear to be exclusive to the first page. I'm not sure where your confusion lies, or what you even think I would get out of lying about something so surface level.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Yes, it is when you want to lynch a player with just the info that you have from the first hour of the game. It looks like you are using cheaps excuses to justify a weak lynch.

Then explain yourself more. Why don't you trust yourself? Why are you so unwilling to take the risk?

(If you've already answered these I apologize I must have missed them)

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Post #73 and #74 are the posts I read that mention voting, but have no indication on modifiers which appear to be exclusive to the first page. I'm not sure where your confusion lies, or what you even think I would get out of lying about something so surface level.

Aye. I'm not sure what you WOULD get out of it. In retrospect, it's kinda town-ish?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I agree on picking a governor, then the remaining 26 players picking 2 candidates for the governor to choose from, I think that is how we get the most info, so I 'm liking Sorian and Natiko for proposing it.

It will require communicating in an understandable way, so I don't think I will vote for blarg as governor, but not because I necesarily scum read him, but because I have a hard time following blargspeak.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Alright Ive read through most of the day now including the modifier. No strong feeling on who to vote for as leader rn. Of course it'd be my pleasure to lead you all to victory if given the chance though. I am known for being very trustworthy in these games.
The first few hours and last few hours of d1 are generally among the busiest times. But at least you arrived before too much has happened.
This feels like such an odd reply. It's not my first game Terra, I know :)

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
During my many years playing with this [Mafia] community, I have had the chance to secret away a grand Power somewhere within the halls of Days past.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's an specific thought you had right there. You think it is impossible for scum to be suspicious of one another at D1 like that?
Huh? What's specific is how you came to this conclusion that I was talking about scum suspecting each other. Weird.

I was talking about how a leader voting for scum doesn't mean that the leader is town. I thought that was pretty straightforward, until your reply.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Then explain yourself more. Why don't you trust yourself? Why are you so unwilling to take the risk?

(If you've already answered these I apologize I must have missed them)
Because I don't trust myself to make a good choice D1. I usually screw up during the firsts days.
I know but if someone else screw up I don't have to feel bad about killing a townie.

Based on meta I'm leaning to vote Monkey, Sorian, you/Brazil or Faddy, in that order.
But they are alse really good at reading players as town. Those read are meta so I have 48hs to change them with how they play during this phase if I don't feel okay with them.
Some people are better reading players with less info. I don't work like that so I don't trust myself with making a good choice early in the game.

I have been talking about this for a while. Now it seems that you wanted a weak excuse without even reading my posts.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I think I would need to be almost certain than Sorian is town to contemplate giving him the power. Monkey IDK if I trust her to make the correct decision either way.

I do agree that whoever we elect doesn't have to hit mafia or else since we should be giving this to the person people think is the most town.

Okay, I get wanting to vote for a strong town read, makes sense.

Why is Sorian an outlier though and needs near certainty?

rac

Oct 25, 2017
If the final vote comes out of nowhere, then it'd be pretty suspicious. It won't avail the leader of complete suspicion.
i mean sure if you do it that blatant but if you know who your scum teammates are it should be easy to go back later in the day and manufacture some bullshit

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I agree on picking a governor, then the remaining 26 players picking 2 candidates for the governor to choose from, I think that is how we get the most info, so I 'm liking Sorian and Natiko for proposing it.

It will require communicating in an understandable way, so I don't think I will vote for blarg as governor, but not because I necesarily scum read him, but because I have a hard time following blargspeak.

We have 24 hours to discuss the lynch after we choose the leader so it wouldn't be too hard to coordinate.