• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uughhhhgghgghh

Glad I checked this before actually passing out. CeeCee what the heck, man.

Brazil you now have the hammer. I'd seriously consider using it in CeeCee right now. At worst he's a townie with no power, at best he's scum. Please, I don't want to deal with talking about him for the next few phases.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine Ceecee as scum. It doesn't seem like a scum power and it was such a weird play that I can't see scum doing it even if it was. It wasn't a very good play

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Uughhhhgghgghh

Glad I checked this before actually passing out. CeeCee what the heck, man.

Brazil you now have the hammer. I'd seriously consider using it in CeeCee right now. At worst he's a townie with no power, at best he's scum. Please, I don't want to deal with talking about him for the next few phases.

We need takes from everyone before I can recommend a course of action.

We've now lost one town, let's try not to give scum a nice -2 town boost going into Night 1

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
R.I.P.
StanleyPalmtree
Day 1 — Day 1.5

"i should just kill him shouldn't i?"

MeGOvOK.gif

XfgJx68.gif

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I can't imagine Ceecee as scum. It doesn't seem like a scum power and it was such a weird play that I can't see scum doing it even if it was. It wasn't a very good play
I've seen scum dayvig a few times before, Marvel Mafia comes to mind, also Sneakers like Cabot mentioned, I had a neutral being able to dayvig in my game. It's not impossible but I don't think it's very likely. I'm ok if we decide to lynch him though.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
I lied in that 10 minutes quote, I just like Watchmen so I couldn't pass up the opportunity :P

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We need takes from everyone before I can recommend a course of action.

We've now lost one town, let's try not to give scum a nice -2 town boost going into Night 1
You've got a player who acted oddly and their replacement doesn't do anything outside of joking around and then suddenly shoots the elected killer because they were a possible target.

If CeeCee is town I will eat a pair of shoes. No way he is town.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
You've got a player who acted oddly and their replacement doesn't do anything outside of joking around and then suddenly shoots the elected killer because they were a possible target.

What kind of shoes Saw? I demand video

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

I don't really see how Sophia's play can be included now we know she had a instant shot available to her. She could do whatever she wanted. If scum had that ability, would they not try to hide it?

Oct 25, 2017
schuh mafia (aka sneakers for non scots) had a scum-aligned vigilante. It wasn't day-based, but it existed.

I wouldn't say its likely he's scum, but not impossible. Neutral is still possible.

I've seen scum dayvig a few times before, Marvel Mafia comes to mind, also Sneakers like Cabot mentioned, I had a neutral being able to dayvig in my game. It's not impossible but I don't think it's very likely. I'm ok if we decide to lynch him though.

Ah. Alright. I would still rather kill someone not him for today because again, I can't imagine scum making that move, but I wouldn't fight against a Ceecee lynch.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest this doesn't really surprise me. A 27-player game, that's just garnish for the rubbish bin if you get me

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Note there is no mention of Fran, Brazil, or Chuggs - just Fanto. Considering Chuggs' read of him is what set off Fran I was surprised to see he barely even reacted to it in any way. Malus, what do you make of all of this?
Honestly I think Chuggs comment on my posts was just a reference to my last game. After Brexit Mafia I kind of complained that I was really only good at reading stats, so I am in fact trying to go a bit out of my comfortzone in this game. The hostility of Fran on this caught me by surprise though. In the end I feel better about theChuggernaut than Fran. I think it's only natural to look into the players that accuse you of being scum, so I'm not very concerned with Chuggs fixation on Fran.

Hey, I used it on a scum read. My scum read was wrong, but that doesn't make it bad play.
It was a terrible play. Why not wait until you're actually in danger of being lynched? Or shoot an actual scum read to clear yourself after claiming the kill?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure how I feel about a CeeCee lynch. This whole thing stinks of "not-town", but if it's a town power it could still be useful. In my experience postponing a lynch of a suspicious player to the next day to see how scum reacts backfires more often than not however.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Like damn the more time passes the more I think Ceecee might be scum, what he is saying makes no sense to me.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Not sure how I feel about a CeeCee lynch. This whole thing stinks of "not-town", but if it's a town power it could still be useful. In my experience postponing a lynch of a suspicious player to the next day to see how scum reacts backfires more often than not however.

You're scum with a day shot, which means you can claim it and instantly prove it.

Why as scum would you opt to blindly shoot the leader before claiming you can do it?

Would you seriously consider a world where CeeCee claims and Stan shoots him?

Oct 25, 2017
I would of claimed one shot tbh. I don't think scum is going to leave a day vig running around. Unless you aren't worried about scum killing you

malus

Oct 30, 2017
You're scum with a day shot, which means you can claim it and instantly prove it.

Why as scum would you opt to blindly shoot the leader before claiming you can do it?

Would you seriously consider a world where CeeCee claims and Stan shoots him?
I don't know why anyone would just blindly shoot the leader before claiming to be honest.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking insane. You were on his list, but I don't think you were in real contention until you said "this is a bad idea"

WHY

As you say, I was on his list, and since he could turbo on me at any point I thought I should warn him.

I always try and be helpful in Mafia, and no one ever listens :(

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Guess who arrived !
1f15f7aea65787de_original.gif

Be shocked! Its me nin

Still at work but will be home soon in order to say something in detail.

As for now i will have to say that i am dissappinted in your decision CeeCee. Bad play

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
oh ceecee, you never make it easy for yourself.

Here's where I'm at:

I feel CeeCee is very likely town/neutral instead of scum, though I am unsure which side of that divide he is on.

Considering this, I'd normally argue against his lynch. However, the noise around this scenario and how he has played it is so bad that I'm willing to accept his lynch.

1) Claims Stan is a scumread, which he never said before.
2) Shoots Stan blindly to preserve himself, instead of claiming which would have kept him alive
3) Still hasn't given me more reads despite asking twice.

CeeCee, you've made your bed and it's got streaks of piss, shit and blood on it. New Zealand flavoured piss, shit and blood.

It's probably just alcohol.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
oh ceecee, you never make it easy for yourself.

Here's where I'm at:

I feel CeeCee is very likely town/neutral instead of scum, though I am unsure which side of that divide he is on.

Considering this, I'd normally argue against his lynch. However, the noise around this scenario and how he has played it is so bad that I'm willing to accept his lynch.

1) Claims Stan is a scumread, which he never said before.
2) Shoots Stan blindly to preserve himself, instead of claiming which would have kept him alive
3) Still hasn't given me more reads despite asking twice.

CeeCee, you've made your bed and it's got streaks of piss, shit and blood on it. New Zealand flavoured piss, shit and blood.

It's probably just alcohol.

Even though i do not agree with your foul language, i do agree with the noise his action made.
I mean, most of the time i am the person who makes those bad gut calls, but hell, even i wait a bit until a hasty decision.
Dumb town move in my eyes. Even if stan turned out to be scum the way you made that decision was not a well made one.
Scum would never be that balsy to make such a decision. I am just taking his action into consideration of me saying that because i still have to read a ton of this game.

Tldr. Dumb move

malus

Oct 30, 2017
As you say, I was on his list, and since he could turbo on me at any point I thought I should warn him.

I always try and be helpful in Mafia, and no one ever listens :(
We had agreed he would shoot near day end, which is still 12 hours away, so he wasn't going to shoot you out of the blue (I hope).

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
WTF happened?

That CeeCee shot was really bad and the way he interacted with Stan before the shoot doesn't make me feel better about him.