Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
That baseball bat is going to hit real hard with this visual fidelity.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Definitive edition? That implies a 4k upport to consoles. FFVII did it right after all.

Im still hype but I played Mafia 1 like 10 years after release so I don't have the same nostalgia as many others.

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Oh man, I never played the first one so I'm super excited for this!

June: The Last Of Us 2
July: Ghost of Tsushima
August: Mafia remake
September: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 &2

This is awesome. What's next ?

Dec 11, 2017
India
Microsoft Store is totally drunk. At the top of the page, it mentions August 28th, at the bottom, 27th. Size should be (I guess) in GB, mentions it as MB.

XvGuGzH.jpg

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
damn why did i always think the first one had a metascore of like 70 lol

didn't know it reviewed so well

edit: ya nvm the ps2 version had terrible reviews like i remember but the pc in high 80s?? weird

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Microsoft Store is totally drunk. At the top of the page, it mentions August 28th, at the bottom, 27th. Size should be (I guess) in GB, mentions it as MB.

XvGuGzH.jpg
the size is so low because it's only a preorder. When you preorder games on xbox, you download a small 100mb file to your games library which get's updated, once the game releases. that way they're making preloads possible basically.

Jun 17, 2018
Im about to tear up here guys.

its an effin remaaaaaaaake!

my aaaaaall time favourite game!

i cannot believe what im seeing and reading!

SonovaBeach

Dec 14, 2017
This is what I hope for also - just give us a story mission option to progress without unlocking the city. If they can redesign it as such, it would really be a marvel. Those Mafia 3 mission beats to assassinate targets were some of the absolute best. And the DLC for Signs of the Time was a step in the best direction , so who knows !

If they totally delete all the district unlocking, they have to change the whole story, too. The racket assaults are the actual core of the game, story missions are just boss levels. I think they should make all these gameplay part more interesting and less repetitive rather than deleting it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I didn't like it back then when it was new. But I always wanted to give this one another try (same goes for 2+3).

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
fucking hyped for this game. loved Mafia 1 and 2. this is a substantial remake too, surprised its out so soon.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Looks really nice, hope it's overall more fun than 3 though, that game was a slog (mainly cuz of no fast travel, fuck that).

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
So I am so confused right now. Is this game part of the Trilogy thing that was announced earlier or something standalone?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I went from not caring about this, to it likely being a day one purchase now, lol. The original Mafia was great, and if remaking it fixes the things that were... not great... then this will be tremendous.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
damn why did i always think the first one had a metascore of like 70 lol

didn't know it reviewed so well

edit: ya nvm the ps2 version had terrible reviews like i remember but the pc in high 80s?? weird

This was back when even mid tier PC devs were sometimes pushing beyond what consoles could do, to the point that games couldn't scale down well and felt really bad. We've come a long way in terms of port quality and playability across input devices.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
EX6IgzkWAAAtIGw.jpg:large

Bloody hell, I know bullshots and all that but parts of that nearly look like a photo.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
So the first one comes out in August and the second one is 6 days later on the 19th of this month?