• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
That's horrible. It's pretty insane that so many people die, simply because the news they receive is nothing but lies and nonsense. But i guess that's okay in the U.S.A.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Shouldn't grow up missing one of your parents. That's really sad, but he should have respected the virus and he would probably have still been here.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tragic for the children he left behind.

It's a shame his love for his family wasn't enough to override his impulses to stoke culture wars over face masks during a super pandemic. History books haven't been kind to science deniers in the past and this man will certainly join the next chapter in that story.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Sad that he cared about owning the libs more than his own children. Life doesn't mean anything to these people and I just can't muster up a fuck to give.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
template-custom-meme-907-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
ohnoanyway.png

I have no sympathy towards anyone who downplayed a pandemic and causing people to get potentially sick and/or dying from the virus.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Going through his twitter, he was 100% "open the economy" and made one tweet in the last 3 months advocating wearing masks...all while regularly not wearing masks and holding multiple indoor "rallies" on the campaign trail. Then, he's on Twitter begging recovered COVID-19 patients to donate plasma & blood as he's dying from the virus.

Peak republican behavior.

My condolences to his family, but fuck this guy, for not caring about literally anyone else's family.

Exilexc

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Was just viewing his Instagram page for further evidence of his need for a Darwin Award but it just switched to private.
Ironically the last post was honoring fallen Pearl Harbor soldiers. I guess the death count with Covid wasn't good enough to wear a mask...

I thought more of these clowns would be dropping like flies. If his kids are lucky he didn't infect his wife. People are sad this dudes kids are growing up without a father. My view? Unfortunately I think they will grow up to be just like him and his wife.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
To be fair, none of what he said here was crazy. Mask mandate would be hard to enforce. We already had idiot sheriffs refuse to enforce it. Also, cops are not the answer here. Where I live, NYC, the notorious NYPD most harassed people of color in the beginning.

What we really needed was to be on message in unison from the beginning, but Trump had to be Trump and his base is already braindwashed.
Yup. It would be a disaster trying to push that here of all countries.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Man, two really small kids.
Was scrolling his twitter account but couldn't see any tweets related to this, got anything handy? I mean, his social media is covered in undistanced, unmasked photos so wouldn't surprised but just couldn't seem to see his actual stance on it.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017

Was scrolling his twitter account but couldn't see any tweets related to this, got anything handy? I mean, his social media is covered in undistanced, unmasked photos so wouldn't surprised but just couldn't seem to see his actual stance on it.
In a video posted in this thread he was railing against the mask mandates in effect here in Louisiana. Yea he said some sensible things, but like I said, he was speaking out of both sides of his mouth. Same personal freedoms BS.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

This topic is full of people telling you what he said .

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
This topic is full of people telling you what he said .
Right and I saw the video where he explicity endorses masks and can't find any anti-mask tweets. It's pretty clear from his behavior that this was the result of his own action, I was just asking that specific user if he had any specific info.

lol you are such an aggressive poster sometimes

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My brother died a few years ago (around the same age as this man) and he left behind two young kids. Up to this day they are still extremely sad and devastated. Especially around days like christmas.

So the entire lack of sympathy is slightly disgusting. I guess the TOS on this site are outdated because I specifically recall reading celebrating a persons death was against it.

And anyone in this topic saying 'they'll probably get a better daddy" can fuck themselves in the ass with a rusty pipe, because you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't bother to @ me or PM me or shit. This was my last post. I am done with this site. I'll request an account deletion.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
he died encouraging spreading a fatal virus to others, including young kids. This likely caused several deaths.

I feel bad for the kids because everyone will know their dad was a moron that died carrying the water of donald trump. The guy from the apprentice TV show. As well as not having him around anymore. However, if he was this careless with his choices, im sure he would have eventually succumbed to a hot car, an electrical outlet, or a glitter bomb.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
It's astounding how many deaths can be attributed to Trumpism. I wonder how much death could have been avoided without him being on top.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
It's astounding how many deaths can be attributed to Trumpism. I wonder how much death could have been avoided without him being on top.

I try not to think about how many people, now dead, would still be with us had anyone else been president. Not just Hillary Clinton, but anyone at all. Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Jim Webb, Martin O'Malley? They'd all have handled COVID better than Trump has, because he hasn't simply failed to act - he's actively made things worse.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I try not to think about how many people, now dead, would still be with us had anyone else been president. Not just Hillary Clinton, but anyone at all. Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Jim Webb, Martin O'Malley? They'd all have handled COVID better than Trump has, because he hasn't simply failed to act - he's actively made things worse.
Absolutely, particularly when you consider the ripple effects of people like Letlow who aggressively chase these policies to curry favor and get trump's approval and endorsement (which at one point was the republican midas touch). The math on this in the US will never be known, but I sure hope someone makes an attempt to guess at the magnitude.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's because I HAVE a kid that I've taken this thing seriously.

But, yeah, I'm mostly sorry for his children losing their father to this, even if he downplayed the risks himself.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right and I saw the video where he explicity endorses masks and can't find any anti-mask tweets. It's pretty clear from his behavior that this was the result of his own action, I was just asking that specific user if he had any specific info.

lol you are such an aggressive poster sometimes
You're completely correct in asking for sources. LMFAO Loudninja expecting you to take posts by online randos seriously. I never ever believe a single thing I read on Era, Reddit or anywhere in online communities without fact checking it myself. You people all lie way too much.

A DailyMail article (not a great source but more reliable than Era users) I found says he held campaign events with masks and without:
In the months prior to his diagnosis, Letlow held multiple campaign events, including meet-and-greets where people did not wear masks and in some cases were not adhering to social distancing.

An article in The Advocate says the following:

He said he usually wore a mask on the trail.
Implying that he sometimes didn't.

ABC News:
Photos posted on social media from campaign events show Letlow sometimes wearing a mask when interacting with potential voters, but other times — including at his victory party, two weeks before his hospitalization — without a face covering as he posed for pictures with supporters.

The Guardian:
Letlow had encouraged people to follow doctors' advice and to follow social distancing guidance. At some public events he appeared at, he and others were not wearing masks, according to photos from his Twitter account.

And so forth, but that's probably enough evidence. That's the first couple of Google results I get when I google "Letlow no mask". It doesn't look like he was a conspiracy nut. But it seems like he was irresponsible in his irregular mask wearing; he also advocated for opening the economy according to the Daily Mail article. Overall, this seems to be on him.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
You're completely correct in asking for sources. LMFAO Loudninja expecting you to take posts by online randos seriously. I never ever believe a single thing I read on Era, Reddit or anywhere in online communities without fact checking it myself. You people all lie way too much.

A DailyMail article (not a great source but more reliable than Era users) I found says he held campaign events with masks and without:

An article in The Advocate says the following:

Implying that he sometimes didn't.

ABC News:

The Guardian:

And so forth, but that's probably enough evidence. That's the first couple of Google results I get when I google "Letlow no mask". It doesn't look like he was a conspiracy nut. But it seems like he was irresponsible in his irregular mask wearing; he also advocated for opening the economy according to the Daily Mail article. Overall, this seems to be on him.
Excuse me? People have post sources and stuff throughout this whole topic and you drop in here posting a daily mail link.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
It's a shame anyone has to die but rather it be people denying science and spreading dangerous lies putting other people at risk.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
No other politician in the world would have seen wearing a mask equaling weakness so yeah literally anyone would have been better, even any other Republican.

Deleted member 15311

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excuse me? People have post sources and stuff throughout this whole topic and you drop in here posting a daily mail link.
There are more sources there like The Guardian.

OT: Although the guy was a dumbass idiot,it's hard to think of this as some win because he leaves two small kids behind dealing with excrutiating pain.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
mask wearing billionaires tell party to not wear masks

maskless politician dies

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Dude hasn't been dead a day and his team trying to clean up his twitter account to make him seem like less of a dumb fuck? Lmao

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Apparently he was Cori Bush's classmate. (not sure where, though). This just makes me more sad for his family, and anyone he duped and possibly infected.

She just means that they were both elected this year.

That first tweet was pictures of him hosting and speaking at an event maskless (i think it was dated just a few weeks ago)

The second was him tweeting about the recent Planet alignment thing saying its the Christmas Star from biblical times and its here to give us all hope
Thanks

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I feel sorry for his family and those endangered by his reckless behavior. This was a preventable death. Sigh

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Dude hasn't been dead a day and his team trying to clean up his twitter account to make him seem like less of a dumb fuck? Lmao
Didn't Herman Cain's team do the same? Even the teams they leave behind aren't interested in owning up and apologizing to at least try and prevent one possible unnecessary death. They just pretend they said nothing & were never part of the apparatus killing people.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Reading Twitter on this is so bizarre. Over and over there will be a tweet like, "He didn't take the virus seriously and is an anti-choice fuckhead" and you've got replies like, "This isn't a good tweet because he has a family and kids and I feel bad for them." It's like they're responding to a completely different tweet that says, "Fuck him and fuck his family too!" Jesus Christ. Of course you feel bad for his wife and kids but that doesn't change some basic facts about the guy who was. They're completely unrelated.

Oct 31, 2017
Reading Twitter on this is so bizarre. Over and over there will be a tweet like, "He didn't take the virus seriously and is an anti-choice fuckhead" and you've got replies like, "This isn't a good tweet because he has a family and kids and I feel bad for them." It's like they're responding to a completely different tweet that says, "Fuck him and fuck his family too!" Jesus Christ. Of course you feel bad for his wife and kids but that doesn't change some basic facts about the guy who was. They're completely unrelated.
Lol just read this thread and you'll see the exact same shit.

Fascists deserve no fucking sympathy. Victims of fascism is a different story, and the fact that people can't grasp this (or, IMO more likely acting disingenuously/in bad faith) is something.

And no, being a fascist doesn't make you a victim of fascism.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
The replies in this thread are as absolutely brutal.
I knew before clikcing here the replies were going to mostly by drive by shit posts saying he "he deserved it". Is that something we need to exist here in this forum? From the outside looking in it makes this forum look absolutely terrible. There's no discussion to be had here.