• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Parks and Rec is one of those shows I never fully connected with. I always felt like it was competing with Community for my attention and I always preferred Community more.

Also Adam Scott is just one of those actors I can never take seriously as a good guy. He just always seems like a villain to me.
exactly the opposite for me. I can't take him serious as the bad guy.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Does Brooklyn 99 compare to these ? I find it the best out of them all.
It takes less time for heart-felt moments (but the ones it does focus on are amazing) and the jokes are more rapid-fire but it's in the same general ballpark.

Shares some of the writing team and was created by Michael Schur who did Parks, The Good Place and was heavily involved in the US Office.

exactly the opposite for me. I can't take him serious as the bad guy.
Agreed. Plus Adam Scott as a shamelessly nerdy guy who celebrates 90's alternative bands, loves board games, Tolkein and Game of Thrones is apparently much closer to the real actor.

That's probably why it comes off so organic. He apparently actually freaked out during the Letters to Cleo performance so a lot his reaction is genuine.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Leslie loving the town and being utterly indefatigable even though it's a shit hole full of idiots and horrible people is literally the joke and where a lot of the humour comes from. I don't understand how anyone could watch the show and miss the point so spectacularly

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Adam Scott is a music nerd. He's a huge fan of Letters to Cleo, Beck, Garbage, Alanis, REM, The Cure, Tears for Fears and he has a podcast where he just talks about U2. If memory says it's called "Talking about U2 with you too" or something.

I also love that he had been wearing that shirt in previous seasons. How can you not love this guy?

tumblr_n4knfsdMD31qcd94wo3_250.gifv

tumblr_n4knfsdMD31qcd94wo4_250.gifv