pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My game of the generation, and one of my favorite pieces of media in forever.

Apr 28, 2020
Ok Era, I kind of need some help. Definitely trying to avoid spoilers to I'm avoiding just going to good ol' Google.
First, can someone just confirm, if the Question marks are gone in the Rumor log, then that means that I've completed the area? Also, none of the areas state "there is more to explore here" so not sure where to go next. Or...could it be that there are areas that I have yet to discover, so they don't even show up in the Rumor Log?

Right now I have 2 question marks remaining.

Did anyone find themselves in this position, and if so, what did you do? I'm purposefully being vague because I don't want to spoil it for myself or any other readers, and I totally understand if the advice I get is therefore vague and general in return.

Thanks!

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
if the Question marks are gone in the Rumor log, then that means that I've completed the area?
Yes
Or...could it be that there are areas that I have yet to discover, so they don't even show up in the Rumor Log?
Also yes

Best I can suggest is just read through all the logs with the question marks. They're usually pretty good at pointing you in the right directions. Also, make sure to visit different places at different times, as things may be..... well...... different.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Or...could it be that there are areas that I have yet to discover, so they don't even show up in the Rumor Log?

Without thinking about it too hard (so I might be wrong!) I'm gonna assume that this is correct. I imagine if you had things still to discover in places you've been they'd show up? Are you sure you've visited every planet/moon that you can see?

Apr 28, 2020
Without thinking about it too hard (so I might be wrong!) I'm gonna assume that this is correct. I imagine if you had things still to discover in places you've been they'd show up? Are you sure you've visited every planet/moon that you can see?

Yes...reached every planet and moon that I could see. I am going to continue mulling over the information I have now. Everything else has worked out, but these last two questions marks, despite following all the arrows leading to them, just isn't working.

And I am going to contemplate more about visiting at different times...

Thanks for the help!

Apr 28, 2020
I have one question mark left, smack dab in the middle. Having a real hard time figuring out what to do. I think I have a good grasp of what is going on story-wise...

The Ash Twin Project is where memories are stored, and every time you die, the memories are being sent back to you and you are waking up with all that gained knowledge. Much of this was explained in the Giant's Deep Statue Workshop. I have 4 arrows leading to this last question mark of ATP. Visited all of those places again but didn't gain any new insight.

Anyone able to give me a gentle nudge in the right direction?

Thanks.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I have one question mark left, smack dab in the middle. Having a real hard time figuring out what to do. I think I have a good grasp of what is going on story-wise...

The Ash Twin Project is where memories are stored, and every time you die, the memories are being sent back to you and you are waking up with all that gained knowledge. Much of this was explained in the Giant's Deep Statue Workshop. I have 4 arrows leading to this last question mark of ATP. Visited all of those places again but didn't gain any new insight.

Anyone able to give me a gentle nudge in the right direction?

Thanks.

Getting there is the thing most people get stuck on, and something they've consistently altered to try and make it clearer (without making it so obvious people get there very early I suppose).

In ascending nudge strength, see if the first helps, if not, try the next one :)

Primary sources of info on how to get there are the High Energy Lab and Black Hole Forge
Focus on the Ash Twin towers, where does each tower go?
the broken tower adjacent to the ember twin teleports to the ATP
The key is entering the tower at the right moment
Hide under the bridge from the sand and rush in as the sand is overhead

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get back to it. My only complaint, though it is a larger one for me, is that the game plays very poorly above 60fps. You basically need to stick to a 60Hz display for this.

Work recently hooked me up with an old 1600p 60Hz Dell monitor, so I think I'll just play it on that.

Apr 28, 2020
Getting there is the thing most people get stuck on, and something they've consistently altered to try and make it clearer (without making it so obvious people get there very early I suppose).

In ascending nudge strength, see if the first helps, if not, try the next one :)

Primary sources of info on how to get there are the High Energy Lab and Black Hole Forge

Ok thank you! I haven't looked through all of them yet except the 1st one. Thanks for making it various levels of "spoiler"!!

Apr 28, 2020

Rodelero, thanks again for your help! Was able to reach the end! Quite an ending, still trying to piece it all together in my mind.

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Some of your replies definitely sold me on the game now, is even on sale in the EU PSN store !
Love exploration and everything even remotely space related.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I am tempted to get this and Subnautica on PSN. How is the base PS4 version of these games? Is the framerate reasonably stable?

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I am tempted to get this and Subnautica on PSN. How is the base PS4 version of these games? Is the framerate reasonably stable?
I can only speak for the Pro but I did not encounter anything that detracted me for having fun in those games. Especially my contender for my game of the generation subnautica.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Outer Wilds is up there alongside The Witness and Obra Dinn.

Desperately need more games like these.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
This game and Subnautica are the best games I've played. Also, I've played them recently due to the quarantine and gamepass.

The song at reset is so perfect that it messes with my feelings. This game is so good ffs.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Damnit I'm so curious about this game, yet so afraid I won't like it.

Yet it's so loved. I might have to bite on this as it seems like you need to play this for yourself.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to boot this back up today. I was really enjoying it but I got stuck after
landing on the Quantum Moon
and ended up getting sidetracked with other games for several months. I keep hearing great things about how the game ends so I want to finish it.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I just finished it a few days ago and I'm with you OP. I went in completely blind, didn't even know it was about space exploration and I just couldn't stop thinking about it till the last minute. I looked up only one solution because I was pretty stumped and didn't wanna lose momentum but I'm happy I got most of the story beats in my playthrough. It's a pretty unique experience and I hope we get more of it from the devs.

It's definitely up there in my top 10 of all time.