• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The collection is live.

louis-vuitton--Women_LoL_LOOK02_VISUAL4.jpg

louis-vuitton--Women_LoL_LOOK13_VISUAL4.jpg

I have absolutely no idea who this is for.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
how is a weird camo print even supposed to represent League of Legends?

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ngl I would wear those pants if they gave them to me for free

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
That pattern looks so ugly hhaha

Those shoes look they are out of some 90's teen cartoon. I can imagine Skeeter from Doug wearing something similar.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I just bought two pairs of the pants because why not? Looks rad to me. Even if I don't wear them outside, they look comfy enough to sleep in at least. The joys of being rich I guess :/

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
People need to understand that you don't wear those clothes as the models do. You pick a piece and put it with whatever you want, you don't have to look as weird, flamboyant or avant garde.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Why does so much "leisure" brand stuff look like dogshit?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Why isn't this thread marked NSFW? Open it up and the first thing I see is a dude without pants.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Why does so much "leisure" brand stuff look like dogshit?
Because the designers / companies know they can slap whatever they want on the clothes. People will buy it because of the associated brands regardless.

That said, I actually like the color scheme of the brown and blue pants in the OP... But the design itself? Nah.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it looks really bad. Most expensive clothing looks terrible, I don't get it at all.

Like that awful brand that just says "Supreme" written in a bad font in white and red, I REALLY dislike that.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
yikes
how are you gonna collab with the least fashionable game out there?

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I like it and if I had that level of disposable income I might've got some.

I'll stick to buying instant noodles for the time being.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yea I've been getting the LV emails about this but forgot these were launching today.

It's for the Asian market.
No, it's being sold in the US and Europe as well. If they wanted to release it exclusively to Asia, they would have.

In fact, I'm going to guess that most of these pieces are going to be made at LV's new factory in Texas.

The collection is live.

I have absolutely no idea who this is for.
It's for people who like League of Legends and Louis Vuitton and have the money to spend. Louis Vuitton made the most recent League of Legends championship trophy if I recall correctly, as well as the trunk that houses it. I guess they decided to try to extend that partnership into a meaningfully large (47 items!) product line. I'm surprised they went for so many pieces.

I've definitely seen more than a few young people walking around with LV [authentic] gear, and there are a lot of League players up to maybe 35 to whom some of these pieces might appeal. The pieces with the cartoon of Quianna...I'm not sure how big that audience is for these. Quianna is not an iconic character in League in any way; she's brand new. Going with a character with more history and legacy in the League of Legends brand might have been wiser here. But the pieces with just the streaks/splashes of color? Those will do well, I think.

That Speedy is going to sell well for sure. Some of the non-bag gear looks...well...I don't know anyone who would wear that stuff. The shoes I'll go check out in person at the LV store down the street.

Women's lines always get the good LV shit. Sigh.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Further insights into the collection for anyone interested. This should be in the OP.

louis-vuitton--1683_LVNOW_LOL_NGANDQIYANA_DI3.jpg

Louis Vuitton's Artistic Director of Women's Collections has designed a new prestige skin for League of Legends champion Qiyana, as part of the Maison's collaboration with Riot Games.

Qiyana, the Empress of the Elements, is one of the champions in the most popular multiplayer esport in the world, League of Legends. Coinciding with the 2019 edition of League of Legends World Championship in Paris, the new prestige skin incorporates signature elements from Nicolas Ghesquière's collections such as the Dauphine bag and Laureate Desert boots. Qiyana's ring blade has also been reinterpreted with the emblematic Monogram and V-shaped ornaments.

Louis Vuitton will also present a capsule collection designed by Nicolas Ghesquière, coming soon…

And there is a music video (at link) ...

RFCKnsn.png

The League of Legends champion makes her musical debut with the virtual hip-hop collective True Damage, where she briefly appears dressed in Louis Vuitton by Nicolas Ghesquière.

After the huge success of K/DA, the virtual K-pop group launched in 2018, Riot Games launches True Damage, a new hip-hop band featuring Akali, Yasuo, Ekko, Senna, and Qiyana. The group's first song was released at the Finals of League of Legends World Championship in Paris on November 10th, 2019, where Qiyana was seen in her new prestige skin designed by Nicolas Ghesquière.

And her Champion skin...

louis-vuitton--1684_LV_Now_LOL_QIYANA_DI3.jpg

As part of Louis Vuitton's collaboration with the esports organization Riot Games, Nicolas Ghesquière has designed the Maison's first-ever League of Legends prestige skin.

Qiyana, also known as the Empress of the Elements, wears a total look designed by Nicolas Ghesquière, Louis Vuitton's Artistic Director of Women's Collections. Reminiscent of recent silhouettes seen on the runway, the look combines a cropped top and high-waisted pants with signature Louis Vuitton accessories such as the Dauphine bag and Star Trail boots. Qiyana's ring blade has also been reinterpreted with the emblematic Monogram and V-shaped ornaments.

The prestige skin is now available in the League of Legends store. Players and fans can also play with Qiyana's Louis Vuitton tiara, earrings, and ring blade thanks to a new Instagram filter. Find it in the Filter tab of Louis Vuitton's Instagram account @louisvuitton.

Yea, lots of stuff that needs to be in the OP. Prob should have let someone else make the thread if you didn't even know why this collab and its products exist, OP.