• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Are there screenshots of these dialogues?
www.nintendoenthusiast.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons dialogue suggests return of Brewster

Brewster, the beloved pigeon known for running his coffee shop, The Roost, might be coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons soon.

"Translated dialogue" said:
Imagine, you are at the Roost and no one is there. All you can do is get a drink with Brewster!

There's similar dialogue for the art gallery.

All I'm trying to say is that villagers saying "I went to *nonexistent place* yesterday, wow so neat" is either accidental or completely fucking braindead

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Brewster, the beloved pigeon known for running his coffee shop, The Roost, might be coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons soon.

All I'm trying to say is that villagers saying "I went to *nonexistent place* yesterday, wow so neat" is either accidental or completely fucking braindead
What if it was accidentally left in because they were meant to be patched in when those updates are added?

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
okay, but listen. Can we all agree that the villagers referencing going to the art gallery and getting too much coffee from Brewster isn't cute foreshadowing or whatever, it's a bug, presumably caused by content being cut?

Yes, definitely. It was probably added mistakenly with one of those minor updates we got during the Easter event.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
What if it was accidentally left in because they were meant to be patched in when those updates are added?
That's a possibility too. I said "presumably" it was cut content, but all I said definitively is that it was a mistake. I've seen the suggestion that it's a deliberate tease or whatever since the dialogue was first seen and I think there's no way that's the case

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
There's no way any of this is paid dlc. Most of these features were in the base game in NL. That said, I'm expecting at least one paid dlc update like with Splatoon.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
That's a possibility too. I said "presumably" it was cut content, but all I said definitively is that it was a mistake. I've seen the suggestion that it's a deliberate tease or whatever since the dialogue was first seen and I think there's no way that's the case
Yea but I'm saying I don't think it should be presumable that those were cut things considering the datamines. It all points to those being added as dlc.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Honestly, if most of this ends up being in the game, the updates are going to be super exciting.

We're supposed to be getting "new features" this week, so hopefully we'll have news soon about what's coming.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
this is such a sticking point for me not because "ooga booga dev team make mistake" but because I want to believe that the game cares even a little bit about its own verisimilitude

Yea but I'm saying I don't think it should be presumable that those were cut things considering the datamines. It all points to those being added as dlc.
sure, the dialogue could've been planned for an update and added prematurely. I was sort of going with occam's razor on that one but sure. all I really want to say is that no, they didn't include incorrect dialogue on purpose

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
Here is a video about vegetables.

and a lengthy article with videos about the rest :https://www.google.com/amp/s/animal...ng-shops-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons/amp/

This I would agree could be seen as a hint of things to come and being intentional

This however isn't intentional. Mentioning a place and character that isn't in the game like that makes no sense.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
This however isn't intentional. Mentioning a place and character that isn't in the game like that makes no sense.
giphy.gif

said it better than I've been able to

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
They already showed that Leif would be coming in late April in the last Direct so I assume all the plant and farming stuff is related to him. I've been saving weeds just for him.

Everything sounds amazing. I am pumped for Redd and I'm curious what they do with him. Not mentioned in the OP but apparently there is some data hinting that you can actually give stuff to Redd.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Is the next update supposed to hit April 22? I figure all these updates will not come all at once but in 2 or 3 parts.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I would take every single museum upgrade yes please =D

I was wondering if they had problem with the nudity...

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Also, when I've said the Roost and art were cut content, I didn't necessarily mean to say permanently. I just meant that they were at one point planned for launch, crunch time got in the way, and the dialogue remained as a leftover. Of course something that was left unfinished to get the game out before the end of the fiscal year would get added in later as a patch, it's 2020.

edit: but that's just my speculation. All I know for certain is that they didn't include objectively wrong dialogue on purpose

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So exciting! Hopefully we'll see even more non-holiday content updates in the future. And new dialogue... I'd really like more dialogue for my villagers lol

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Is the next update supposed to hit April 22? I figure all these updates will not come all at once but in 2 or 3 parts.
We don't have a date. Only "later in April". And since the update is supposed to add an Earth Day event the real life Earth Day is on the 22, people have assumed it will be the same in-game but who knows

AldabraRail

Banned
Sep 25, 2019
this stuff seems exciting, but instead of adding farming could they just...put in some more dialogue for villagers? they have so little to say and it's such a bummer.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
We don't have a date. Only "later in April". And since the update is supposed to add an Earth Day event the real life Earth Day is on the 22, people have assumed it will be the same in-game but who knows
it'd be funny if the secular "Bunny Day" was on the exact same day as Easter but the real-life Earth Day is on an arbitrary later date lol

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. It's just ironic
Maybe it will be on the 22 and a really small event, like in previous game.
But I still hope for a super meaty content update.
Obviously not the same game, but we had all the smash dlc happen the same day and out of nowhere.
The thing is, since AC is in real time, players have to be aware an update is coming or else they can miss the event or at least part of it if it is several days long.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it will be on the 22 and a really small event, like in previous game.
But I still hope for a super meaty content update.

The thing is, since AC is in real time, players have to be aware an update is coming or else they can miss the event or at least part of it if it is several days long.
I doubt this is going to be a one day thing, and if the datamines are legit, then Leif isn't going to just be like zipper or something.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Also, when I've said the Roost and art were cut content, I didn't necessarily mean to say permanently. I just meant that they were at one point planned for launch, crunch time got in the way, and the dialogue remained as a leftover. Of course something that was left unfinished to get the game out before the end of the fiscal year would get added in later as a patch, it's 2020.
What is sure is text part, because of translation, needs to be done way before the release of the game. So if you didn't had time to finish something, the text is already there.
I also think they forgot to remove the text or maybe they simply wasn't able to do it. Isabelle told us "you need more store" when you have every store possible fall in the same problem.
In a game which have such a good sense of detail, you can't think a single second the stairs which goes nowhere in the museum is "acceptable".

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
This all sounds cool but I wouldn't necessarily expect all or most of it to be in the next update. Swimming sounds like something more for a summer update than April. Cooking/Vegetables could be for the harvest event rather than Earth Day. It's also possible some stuff has been cancelled after some work was done or stuff has been delayed because of the Covid-19 situation.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I can't help but wonder if there were some serious development issues with this game which is why it ended up being delayed and released with so many series staples missing on day one.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I can't help but wonder if there were some serious development issues with this game which is why it ended up being delayed and released with so many series staples missing on day one.

I don't know if it's "serious development issues" so much as just "HD taking longer than SD". This is the first Animal Crossing in HD that didn't re-use assets. Even some of the furniture was barely touched up between the GCN version and New Leaf iirc. I also think holding off some stuff for long-term updates might have been intentional.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

Or maybe this was planned to keep the game fresher for longer. Like a lot of people are finishing their fossils now, adding more things to collect and especially gyroids means digging things up isn't pointless anymore!

Issue in the old games were it was really hard to fill your fossils as there was so much else to collect.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, let's say these features aren't meant to unlock until 60 days into the game. Why would they include it in the retail release? They know time travellers will just uncover every surprise.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds cool but I wouldn't necessarily expect all or most of it to be in the next update. Swimming sounds like something more for a summer update than April. Cooking/Vegetables could be for the harvest event rather than Earth Day. It's also possible some stuff has been cancelled after some work was done or stuff has been delayed because of the Covid-19 situation.
Yeah there are indeed going to spread those throughout the year, to keep players invested.
Diving is going to be a summer feature.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Weird, i havent encountered this faulty dialogue as of yet and Im 145 hours in lol.

at any rate, ive got my moneys worth out of this game and then some. All the extra stuff is gravy.

drewchebag

Mar 11, 2018
I am still expecting it on the 22 in game but I find it suspicious we still know nothing...if by tomorrow nothing is announced, I doubt it will be on the 22.
Fire Emblem's DLC waves/free updates were released without warning until Wave 4 (the meatiest one). It's possible they do something similar for NH. Here's to hoping...