J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Always hope that any given year hits the same highs for me as good Need for Speeds of years past. For me personally, that's Underground/Underground 2, Most Wanted '05 and Criterion Hot Pursuit.

I'll keep my eye out. NFS '15 was mostly good but as others have said, the handling model wasn't enough to keep me around for long. I also really liked the absurd heist concept of the last one (clearly inspired by post-Fast Five F&F films), but it felt like it lacked polish.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Whatever happened to that extreme racing game or whatever it was? It was a few years ago that they revealed it.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Just give me a Driveclub/Need for Speed 1&2 type game... point to point races...short cuts..... .Beautiful Scenery.

Sure I don't mind cops being there.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Via an austrian store:

EAtbAGfWkAAmJTA
Seeing gameware.at in here is fun. Awesome store, been there a lot.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
No story mode this time please. Unnecessary Fluff like that is what ruined recent NFS games in my mind.

Also, No 300 kmh+ police chases in exotic hyper cars = No Buy.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Can't wait to play NEED FOR SPEED: MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS 2 (MONSTER BEVERAGE CORPORATION)

Loved seeing dudes getting high on crack cocaine, MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS (tm) and acting all crazy to the camera in the 2016 version.

Last edited:

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Payback sucked so hard. It felt like a game for Mobile devices. Deleted it after an hour.

I would rate NFS 2015 a 6 and Rivals a 7.

So strange that a whole development team can't figure out what the fans want.

kaaayque

Jul 19, 2018
I really liked Payback, the story missions had a fast and furious vibe (which i think its great).

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I dream of is a NFSU and NFSMW (original) remaster, everything else has been ........ not as good (NFSU2 sucked, you know its true).

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
The prospect of another Ghost Games developed NFS is like getting a call from the dentist after a wisdom tooth removal and a root canal.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Payback sucked so hard. It felt like a game for Mobile devices. Deleted it after an hour.

I would rate NFS 2015 a 6 and Rivals a 7.

So strange that a whole development team can't figure out what the fans want.
I am going through my NFS backlog these past couple of months and so far it has been pretty awful as I've basically deleted every NFS starting with 2010's Hot Pursuit after about an hour of playing them. The last NFS I've actually enjoyed was The Run (as funny as this sounds).
They can fuck right off with this filler open world garbage they've been pushing since then.
Haven't played the last two games yet though, considering that everyone said that they are awful it may go either way for me really.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Wasn't this game suppoed to be announced at last E3?
NFS 2015 was a step in the right direction, I don't know what happened next.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
EA seems massively confident in this game to refuse announcing it until it's three months from release.

Do they really need to announce it? Seems like they're just taking the Madden approach here, which really isn't that surprising. Everyone knows it's coming and it'll sell well enough. Seems like since all the shit they rightfully got for the 2015 game, they aren't taking any other chances like that again.

Oct 26, 2017
Do they really need to announce it? Seems like they're just taking the Madden approach here, which really isn't that surprising. Everyone knows it's coming and it'll sell well enough. Seems like since all the shit they rightfully got for the 2015 game, they aren't taking any other chances like that again.

Well, it feels weirder than Madden considering everyone hates the last two games.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wish we could get a true Burnout Paradise successor. I think BP Remastered was a way to gauge interest, how did that sell?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When's the Fast & Furious crossover game, Need for Wild Speed?

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
NFS15 was basically that.
But the crap handling totally ruined it.
The cars look good, customisation was decent. But the rubber banding and handling is shit.

You have to either drift, or... drift. The grip setting makes the car stable but it drives like a tank, you have to slow down so much just to take a corner, its dumb.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's been 9 years since we last had a good Need for Speed title and Ghost Games has yet to make even a decent NFS title. I'm not exactly hyped about a new game. It's a shame that Black Box was closed down.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Heat ? What an eye catching name.

NFS games are deader than dead while the corpse still being stuffed by green dollar bills.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Something in the same DNA as NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 that introduced auto log, didn't have much open world gameplay but a more focused races and missions. Give me that!