Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023
Steam version is the best version. Because I'm sure someone will mod the soundtrack back in.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The combat in this game was never great. It was very much one of those things where you're unlocking combos to make it feel how you wish it did from the start.

The appeal of this was like 80% its personality. Without the licensed soundtrack... I don't fuckin know, man...

Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023
The combat in this game was never great. It was very much one of those things where you're unlocking combos to make it feel how you wish it did from the start.

For what it's worth, Yasuda agrees with you. It sounds like they made a lot of improvements.

He specifically mentions the unlocking combo stuff, and how it gave players a bad first impression.

From the Gematsu interview:

Yasuda: "I had always felt that the original game could have been more user-friendly, and overall a more fun experience for the player, and there were also some balance issues, and in RePOP, we acted on these. To elaborate, we improved the controls of the camera and controller in order to have the player feel that they are in control of Juliet's actions more.
Yasuda: "Given the nature of the chainsaw as a heavy weapon, it would only make sense for it to have slow attacks with strong hit-stop. However, Lollipop Chainsaw is a game where you fight large numbers of zombies, and we had received feedback from players that constantly using the slow chainsaw felt tedious. As such, we introduced a new attack system called Chain Hit Hunting, where chaining consecutive hits increases the chainsaw's attack speed, in order to alleviate monotony and sluggishness that might be found in the chainsaw combat."
"Finally, we also revised the level design of the original, where despite being the descendant of legendary zombie hunters, Juliet started with no combo skills at all. Having to progress to some degree in the game before moves were unlocked gave players a bad first impression, making the game feel less interesting than it should have. Based on this, we made it so that Juliet can use Combo Actions from the start in RePOP."

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer fucking sucks compared to the 360/PS3 trailers. There's little to be excited about, the graphics are weak, the price is high, the soundtrack is gone, the game was a 7/10 to start with.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Bruh...did they even spent any money remastering this? Graphic is basically the same, RePOP mode is just a japanese rating friendly option and that trailer lmao. It's like a work by a lone modder on his spare time. And they want $50?????

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
It's missing so much of the presentation and soundtrack love, but I'm down to play it! The original was a wild time, in some ways preserving this on PC will make for insane community mods.

mr.mcdad

Jun 11, 2024
That trailer was rough. Far too many games coming this year for me to want to dip into this. The revamped combat sounds like an improvement, but still not feeling it enough

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
this uhhh ain't a great trailer imo
I'll go further and say that was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen.

Nothing in that trailer made me interested in getting this. The generic butt rock, the complete lack of dialog, the lack of sound effects, the bad looking gameplay, etc. It didn't even looked like it ran well.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lets go baby. I'm in for a physical version I think.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
why is the translation so fucked

"the world is infested with rotten and madness"

"and comes despair"

May 24, 2019
It doesn't bode well when the marketing team can't hire a native english speaker to check their trailer script.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
All of Sudas games are style over substance. This being just a remaster with licensed songs removed even and 50 bucks? No thank you.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Yup, that's a remaster alright, and what a lame trailer to hype up. Physical in October. Get the feeling that'll be a small print run. Get it or regret it.

Kick13

Apr 1, 2022
Haven't played the OG so I'm excited. There doesn't seem to be a strong focus on parries which is a huge relief.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
No last gen? Surprising, but I won't complain obviously. :p

Edit: I saw this: Switch/PS4/XBO - 1080P/30FPS
Confusing tbh nvm title seems to be not complete..

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Jesus, this looks like a fucking disaster.

Replacing Sleigh Bells with budget game butt rock? Not even bothering to check if what they typed made sense? Abort this mess.

Oct 27, 2017
I was really rooting for this game, but it truly feels like the DNA of the game is missing. The music played such an imperative part. It simply can't be explained.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the game will be fine, but the trailer is really lacking the Suda/Grasshopper magic.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
30fps on Switch is very disappointing, but not at all surprising. I usually love games like this, but bounced off it for whatever reason after only playing a bit back when it first released. I'd be down to give it another shot, but the Suda remaster I'm really hyped for is Shadows of the Damned... SHINJI!!!!

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Wasn't expecting much so this is fine I guess, at least it's available on newer systems.

Now how is that Shadows of the Damned remaster coming along? That's the one I really care about

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Where'd you get the October date from?
Physical editions of Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP will be available in October worldwide, with more information to be announced at a later date.
www.gematsu.com

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP launches September 25 worldwide for PS5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC

Lollipop Chainsaw remake Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam on September 25 worldwide for $49.99 and September 26 in Japan for 6,490 yen, d…
Looks like Asia and Japan physicals are releasing September 26th

View: https://x.com/yasudaD5/status/1801449500256735636

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling this trailer, there is something off with the animations, it feels a bit slower than or at least not as snappy as the original versions.

I haven't been sure of this remaster with all the previous information out and this trailer does nothing to assuage those fears.

Did they replace the racist piece of shit that voices the main character?

As mentioned, sadly the voice cast remains intact. Which sucks, because Juliet aside, Zed's actor (Jimmy Urine) is a bigger piece of shit.

Last edited:

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Some of the new costumes, the new hair colors, new chainsaws (I presume)

edit - hmmm, tweet ain't showing up :(

Last edited:

Ld007

Jun 1, 2024
I own this on 360 and PS3 and loved it at the time, but does anyone else feel like this trailer was made by someone who doesn't "get" the game at all?
Like the whole vibe feels off, and it gave me bad feelings towards it.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the style and humor the original wasn't much more than a basic third person hack 'n slash. I don't really see myself going back to this again.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

The soundtrack now features primarily original tracks as opposed to the original game's copyrighted tracks. I imagine licensing costs are the reasoning behind this. Since the copyrighted tracks played a large role in setting the stage, can you talk about the process of creating the replacement tracks?

Yasuda:
""Licensing costs were indeed a serious issue, and we also wanted to avoid the problem of no longer being able to distribute the game once licenses expire like with the original version of the game.

"As such, RePOP primarily uses new, original music. We enlisted artists active in Japanese film, drama, anime, and game music to make tracks such as a new original theme song for Juliet and background music for Star Mode and Nick Attacks.

"While the licensed songs were certainly great, I think our attempt to have talented contemporary musicians create music to fit the game's world is equally great. Please look forward to the new music in RePOP."

I assume this means no Hey Mickey.

That is a shame

NateDog

"This guy are sick"
Jan 8, 2018
I enjoyed SOTD despite its flaws but this is a pass for me, doesn't look great and hearing that licenced music from the original probably means if I'm ever to play it that I should just nab a PS3 copy.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bad trailer, but it's using my favorite of the original tracks made by Akira Yamaoka so I still enjoyed it lol.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Just replayed the game on Steam deck OLED two weekends ago. Had a blast and forgot how funny the game is. I specifically replayed it after the announcement of the music changes for the game to see if there were any that I would really miss if they weren't included and I only came up with 3.
Hey Mickey (during star mode)
Lollipop (in the shop)
PAC man fever (during the arcade level)
Interested to hear the new music but can't say I'm not sad that those 3 are most likely gone. I'm sure it will get modded back in on Steam and if/when it does it sounds like that will be the definitive way of playing this game considering all of the quality of life changes. The game really is clunky as shit until you unlock all of the moves. Once you do though it's pretty smooth. Can't wait for those to be unlocked from the beginning.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Never played this because it always looked super jank to me. $49.99 is surely a choice.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
This will be like a Stubbs or Freedom Fighters Steam release.

I'll happily plough through it in a few hours and grin like an idiot the whole time...but not at that price.