• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patrick S.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Megan Fox

I think he's content with doing standup comedy and occasionally appearing on radio shows in Atlanta.

EDIT: I've got a good one. Jessica Alba made me think of him...

Devon Sawa

e89699b1fd5504de90341f5a0fa41de7

Dude was in Final Destination, Idle Hands, and Eminem's "Stan" video all around the same time, then just vanished.

He can play Ninja in his biopic.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I mean he went from winning an oscar to Snow Dogs and Boat Trip in just a few years. He says it's because he got really picky (he passed on things like Ray and Amistad) and ticked off some big time directors.

And judging by every single clip I have seen of him in nightclubs (there are a few), he, like Taye Diggs, is reckless as hell.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
7bvo.gif

Brendan and Pauly both.

It's sad what happened to Brendan and why his career went down after that, I am glad to see him back though in some newer shows and hope he continues to get more newer/bigger roles in the future.

With Pauly I can't be the only one that actually liked him and most of the movies he was in? Encino Man, A Goofy Movie, Son in Law, Bio-Dome, In the Army Now, etc? I mean it was just pure 90's silly comedy like Adam Sandler and Chris Farely with Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore, Tommy Boy/Black Sheep, etc.

He talked before about how after Jury Duty his career just came to a screeching halt and he couldn't get anymore lead roles or big movies, to think that a single movie could do that, especially when most of your other movies did fairly well and you were a recognizable actor to that generation.

I really wish that he could have a come back, I mean if Sandler can keep his career going especially with how bad his movies are these days I don't see why Pauly shouldn't at least get a chance to do something big after all these years.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Brendan and Pauly both.

It's sad what happened to Brendan and why his career went down after that, I am glad to see him back though in some newer shows and hope he continues to get more newer/bigger roles in the future.

With Pauly I can't be the only one that actually liked him and most of the movies he was in? Encino Man, A Goofy Movie, Son in Law, Bio-Dome, In the Army Now, etc? I mean it was just pure 90's silly comedy like Adam Sandler and Chris Farely with Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore, Tommy Boy/Black Sheep, etc.

He talked before about how after Jury Duty his career just came to a screeching halt and he couldn't get anymore lead roles or big movies, to think that a single movie could do that, especially when most of your other movies did fairly well and you were a recognizable actor to that generation.

I really wish that he could have a come back, I mean if Sandler can keep his career going especially with how bad his movies are these days I don't see why Pauly shouldn't at least get a chance to do something big after all these years.

I'm pretty sure he's just running The Comedy Store full time now.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure he's just running The Comedy Store full time now.

Yeah, but he talked a while back about it, he seemed like he really did want to have a comeback though. He talked about how Sandler's career was still going and why couldn't he have that. He seemed quite sad about the whole thing and how his career dried up.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I thought that Brendan Fraser also damaged his body on the set of the Mummy movies and was literally held together.

"By the time I did the third Mummy picture in China [in 2008] I was put together with tape and ice — just, like, really nerdy and fetishy about ice packs. Screw-cap ice packs and downhill-mountain-biking pads, 'cause they're small and light and they can fit under your clothes. I was building an exoskeleton for myself daily."

His injuries led to multiple surgeries, including a laminectomy, a back procedure to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or nerves. But, "the lumbar didn't take, so they had to do it again a year later," Fraser said.

He also had a partial knee replacement, more back surgeries to bolt compressed spinal pads together, vocal cord repair and other procedures. Fraser said that he essentially spent seven years going in and out of the hospital.

Poor bastard! :(

Last edited:

louie

Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna say that "I'm the Captain Now" guy from Captain Phillips.

He got Zero push.

Coincidentally, about 3 months ago I accidentally ruined one of his takes. He was shooting a film in Dublin city centre and I somehow walked on the set by complete accident and stood next to him performing.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Jennifer Garner is the only one I can think of.

Seemed like she was everywhere for a while, and now the only think I see her in are insurance (?) commercials where she talks in a voice like she's talking to a baby.

Looked up her Imdb and it mostly looks like she does smaller indie stuff, with the last one I recognize being quite a few years ago.
I thought that Brendan Frazier also damaged his body on the set of the Mummy movies and was literally held together.
Props to people who do a lot of their own stunts, but there's a reason they should be used in most cases.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matthew Fox had a big role in that Tyler Perry detective movie and then ghosted.

Jorge Garcia hasn't been in anything notable since Lost.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson had a lot of acclaim and hype behind him and achieved "leading man" status for a couple years before fading back into relative obscurity.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
What about Vivica Fox? I really like her, she came on the scene huge with Independence Day and ends up in Cool Cat Saves The Kids and Sharknado 4

I do like her in Empire tho

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Jennifer Garner is the only one I can think of.

Seemed like she was everywhere for a while, and now the only think I see her in are insurance (?) commercials where she talks in a voice like she's talking to a baby.

Looked up her Imdb and it mostly looks like she does smaller indie stuff, with the last one I recognize being quite a few years ago.

Props to people who do a lot of their own stunts, but there's a reason they should be used in most cases.
She was huge during Alias Season 1 and 2, but then Ben Affleck got her pregnant and the whole show tanked afterward.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Michael Biehn.

He had such a a great start too :(

michaelbiehn2.gif

In the Alien 3 behind the scenes featurettes, he implies that he was blacklisted from Hollywood for a while because he pissed off Fincher. They wanted to have him in the movie, but only his likeness with his dead body. He was pretty pissed off about it and demanded the largest amount of cash he could imagine for his likeness.

He got the money, but admits regretting the decision considering who Fincher would become.

Fruit&Nut

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Mar 16, 2018
Judd Nelson was super hot once upon a time, and that dude fell hard. That profile of the brat packs, just destroyed his career. Doesn't do jack anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
In the Alien 3 behind the scenes featurettes, he implies that he was blacklisted from Hollywood for a while because he pissed off Fincher. They wanted to have him in the movie, but only his likeness with his dead body. He was pretty pissed off about it and demanded the largest amount of cash he could imagine for his likeness.

He got the money, but admits regretting the decision considering who Fincher would become.

I'm still pissed about killing him off. And was excited when I heard about the Aliens sequel that sadly won't ever happen :(

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
My pick is Tom Welling. Went from Clark Kent in a massively popular show, starred in about 2 movies, then went silent for years. He's recently started making a comeback being a guest star on Lucifer and did a movie a couple years ago but he's still barely getting work.
Look I liked Smallville and still rewatch the series sometimes but Tom is a terrible actor so that's really no surprise.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
IvI' always hated how the other two siblings from 8 Simple Rules fell from the face of the Earth while Kaley Cuoco became a huge success.

May 5, 2018
People change careers all the time though. I do acknowledge that the industry isn't particularly kind to everyone as they age. And continually great roles don't come at a steady stream once you've had your "breakout". But I think a lot of them are just tired of it after so many years. It's a lot of work and a burden on anyone in your life. Plus not everyone gets hundreds of millions of dollars for each film. They only publicize big star payouts because they want the public to think the movie is worth it. I think anyone would have a "why am I doing this to myself?" moment if you're not Meryl. And I'll bet even she feels like quitting some days.

There's also this weird perception that someone who works as an actor and is famous for being an actor should stay an actor forever and die at their post. And if you stop being in the public eye, then you've hit rock bottom.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Alicia Silverstone probably cut back on acting after she became a mother, but the last film I saw her in was The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017) so she's still doing some stuff. It wasn't a big part, but she looked as stunning as ever.
I was watching some Bar Rescue on the new Paramount aka Spike TV channel LOL and all the commercials were for their shows. She was on this lip sync battle show so I looked her up. She left to do Broadway stuff and indie. She has a new show coming on Paramount.

Funny how her and Brendan Frasier starred in a movie called Blast To The Past. That's what it feels like talking about them.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Forest Whitaker isn't starring in films anymore, he just seems to play cops and/or weird bit roles since The Last King and The Butler.

He was in Rogue One and, more recently, Black Panther - though granted they were smaller supporting roles as opposed to lead characters.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Fraser has been doing some critically acclaimed work in television lately so I'm hoping he gets a good comeback.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Might have been mentioned already since its 7 pages in, but...
v1.bjsxMTE5MjY2O2o7MTc3NDI7MTIwMDsyMDI1OzI5OTE

Steven Guttenberg. The Police Academy movies, 3 Men and a Baby, Cocoon, Short Circuit, High Spirits, and The Big Green etc. He was really popular in film for a long time and then vanished. He's done some t.v. work, Ballers, Veronica Mars, etc. but dude had movies coming out non stop from the early 80's to the midish 90's.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I was reminded that how I met your mother was a thing, recently. I'm pretty sure the main actor who played Ted vanished off the face of the earth after the finale
He was the only character on the show that I've never seen in anything else. His other 4 co-stars outshined him anyways and they were what made the show successful

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Might have been mentioned already since its 7 pages in, but...
v1.bjsxMTE5MjY2O2o7MTc3NDI7MTIwMDsyMDI1OzI5OTE

Steven Guttenberg. The Police Academy movies, 3 Men and a Baby, Cocoon, Short Circuit, High Spirits, and The Big Green etc. He was really popular in film for a long time and then vanished. He's done some t.v. work, Ballers, Veronica Mars, etc. but dude had movies coming out non stop from the early 80's to the midish 90's.
For as long as as he has been around he is only 59. Thought he would have been in his mid 60s.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Rupert Grint aka, Ron Weasley. RadCliffe is hanging around still with some bad movies. probably not for very long. Only Emma Watson seemingly got a career post HP.