MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
How is this a poor response? The club are actively working with the police to identify the cunt and bring him to justice.

They could more, like try to reach out to those who were assaulted or ask them to get in touch so they can make restitution for any damage caused by the thuggish behaviour of their fans.

One guy was violently shoved into the fountain, another was almost pushed in. I imagine both sustained damage to their phones/other electronics they might have had on their person. The club has a duty to compensate those people, these 'fans' represent the team while they are abroad.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
"this doesn't represent all Liverpool fans"

*Crowd in video laughs and cheers. No one helps other than one guy pointing out the guy who did it to rub salt on the wound.*

Maybe not all fans but every single one there. And having grown up around Liverpool and knowing what sort of people support them, I'm surprised no one else shoved him in again.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
English isn't a race but okay.

You know when someone really hasn't got an argument against when they go down the "well X isn't a race" route.

Firstly, OK. Let's just call it bigoted then. You are a bigot.

Secondly, "race" is very often equated to "ethnic group" in English. I don't know if English is your native language, but it is mine. You most certainly can be racist against ethnic groups. And you were. So you were being racist.

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
You know when someone really hasn't got an argument against when they go down the "well X isn't a race" route.

Firstly, OK. Let's just call it bigoted then. You are a bigot.

Secondly, "race" is very often equated to "ethnic group" in English. I don't know if English is your native language, but it is mine. You most certainly can be racist against ethnic groups. And you were. So you were being racist.

I'm Irish. I don't really think I'm punching down by taking the piss out of England.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not interested in derailing further. I won't make a joke that victimises English people again.

But just so we're clear, England still occupies Ireland.

You really, really don't get it. It isn't victimising. It is about you being a bigot. Or, to be more accurate, a racist. Your inability to apologise for it speaks volumes.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I never see Barcelona or Madrid fans pull this shit when they travel abroad for a game.
This is really why we talk about guiris in Spain. Maybe next time he comes he'll jump from the balcony of his hotel...
"this doesn't represent all Liverpool fans"

*Crowd in video laughs and cheers. No one helps other than one guy pointing out the guy who did it to rub salt on the wound.*

Maybe not all fans but every single one there. And having grown up around Liverpool and knowing what sort of people support them, I'm surprised no one else shoved him in again.
Pretty much.

You really, really don't get it. It isn't victimising. It is about you being a bigot. Or, to be more accurate, a racist. Your inability to apologise for it speaks volumes.
English tourists do pull this kind of shit at alarming rates. They think local laws don't apply to them.