Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Is that Heartman?

1bb9ad88fa37b19761f1a0f599e23e0e1564236547_full.jpg

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
They can at least set up the other panel members to spike the shill. "And what do you all think about that?" Ducks.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao Doug Collins blatantly laying out that they're going to focus solely on Turley while talking to reporters. Go figure.

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just wish those asking these republicans questions would just be like stop fucking lying and quit bullshitting. Call them out at every turn on their untruths.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
joe biden should ask another country to investigate trump right now, then withdraw from the primary. no malarkey, joe. you can save us.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well, it was somewhat short-sighted for the Dems to ignore him during their round of questions.
I thought he would have gone to Turley and asked something along the lines of:

"Does impeachment have to be unanimous approval by the House?"

"No"

"What percentage of the House is required to impeach?"

"Simple majority"

"And what percentage of the Senate is required to convict?"

"Two-thirds supermajority."

"How many expert witnesses are present today?"

"Four"

"And what percentage of them are testifying that they believe the President committed impeachable acts?"

"Three-fourths"

Something like that.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Serious question/out of curiosity: why/how are these 4 witnesses selected?

I mean I get Harvard and Stanford being top ranked schools and all, but George Washington and UNC are probably fine schools but (at least to me) not known for their law schools in particular.

So Any specific reason these people were chosen?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
This clown attacking Schiff. Fuck off.

I hope the other witnesses get to respond to him.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017

I mean I get Harvard and Stanford being top ranked schools and all, but George Washington and UNC are probably fine schools but (at least to me) not known for their law schools in particular.

UNC is one of the oldest law schools in the country. Makes sense, since this is about constitutional law.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

GW School of Law has a conservative lean, at least on the spectrum of the highly liberal-leaning world of law school academia.

UNC I don't know.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
they're going to turn this "monetary" bribery argument against him when they bring up the amount of money foreign nationals give to Trump estates.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

I imagine it's less to do with the school specifically and more that Turley is one of the few notable scholars you're likely to find who would even begin to argue slightly against this impeachment.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I have no dog in this fight, but let me repeat republican talking points real quick.

Also - im not gonna take up much time, but let me bust out this 30 minute monologue too.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Turley isn't convincing anyone with this
He's convincing those who needed no words at all to be convinced, and it fills the time, and that's really all they need.

Hell even if he's right, sure throw the bribery charge away entirely. The open and flaunted obstruction of congress in the course of the investigation has been so indefensible that he can be impeached for that alone anyway. I'm curious to see how Turley tries to worm around that, once it gets back to majority questions.