• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Alright but which series are they basing it on?

And how hard do we celebrate when it turns out to be G Gundam?

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I never thought I would live long enough to see a Gundam movie. Please be good please be good please be good!

Scavenger

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I guess that's the overseas production that takes place in UC 104:

RKUPR49.jpg

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly Gundam makes a lot of sense to adapt into a live action Hollywood movie. I mean look at Pacific Rim

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
It'll probably be horrible, but I am curious. I wonder if it will totally original or if they'll go for an adaptation of 0079.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
It's not the same, guess we will just get a Char look a like or his clone because apparently he has one in a radio drama.

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
IDK Eastern anime adaptations always seem kind of cheap and half assed. Wish this was a hollywood collab since this will be the bellwether for future live action mecha films

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
As long as it is not as bad as the trash fire that is G-Savior I am so in. It possibly being the UC 104 production is interesting because at least it will be an original tale instead of a rehash.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So how many live action Hollywood adaptions is that now?

Akira
Sword Art Online
One Piece
Naruto
Monster

I think only Death Note got off the ground. in recent years.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so this might be between Unicorn and F91? Interesting. That's almost completely unexplored, so they could really do anything.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this a Hollywood collab with Legendary involve?
Rurouni Kenshin was technically a Warner Bros film, but it was clear they were just a distributor and that the Japanese were pulling most of the work.

We definitely need more details for this one, but the fact that they announced it at this event of all things doesn't really bode well for the type of talent and budget they're gonna end up with.