• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Katzenberg would tell the whole world how much of a prick Eisner was supposed to be, but he himself acted like one plenty of times. Seems like they were screwing two Williams with Aladdin. Robin Williams and Richard Williams.

Oct 29, 2017
ah yeah, that was the first big animated movie that advertised that an already established Hollywood star was a main voice. Now every cartoon movie does it.

These days I feel like there's an inverse relationship between the quality of the animated movie and the amount of Hollywood non-VA celebrities listed in the cast. Interesting to know that Aladdin seems to have been the nexus of that practice (except for that Aladdin was actually good).

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I am now going to blame Disney for there not being a blu-ray release of "Toys"

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Katzenberg would tell the whole world how much of a prick Eisner was supposed to be, but he himself acted like one plenty of times. Seems like they were screwing two Williams with Aladdin. Robin Williams and Richard Williams.

Katzenberg is a humongous prick, that's for sure. I don't recall him doing anything like withholding a $100+ million dollar bonus based on an ironclad legal agreement and forcing a years-long litigation over the matter for no reason other than spite like Eisner did though.

The way he backstabbed Robin Williams is pretty close though.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
The Katzenberg stuff is a good example of why nobody should trust Disney and should actively fear a huge megacorporation owning so much of entertainment.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, she just shat all over Anastasia. What did Anastasia do to you?

Exactly what she said it did?

Shit, Anastasia was banking so hard on star power that it even translated to other regions, even disney movies back then when dubbed got just your usual VA proffessionals in latin america, but for Anastasia they stunt casted Thalia.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I never knew Robin was paid so little for Aladdin. That was crazy underpay considering he was the biggest selling point and basically made the movie millions.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I know she discussed the issue in the past when explaining why they had homer simpson for Return of Jafar and the TV series (in the old Nostalgia Chick Most Tolerable Disney Direct-To-Home Sequel video), but I'm glad we have an extended 'splainer video about the affair.

Robin Williams was an inspired casting and a generous and charming man in his own right, and I don't blame him for walking away from them at all after the way they reneged on the agreement they had.

Doopl

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking forward to a new Lindsay video but this slight against John Hurt a couple of minutes in has me shook. I'll have to watch the rest another time.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I've been looking forward to a new Lindsay video but this slight against John Hurt a couple of minutes in has me shook. I'll have to watch the rest another time.

I'd put him in the same class in popular media as Alan Rickman -- obviously they're damn talented actors (especially on stage) but their roles in film are more character work and voice over stuff. One was in Galaxy Quest, Harry Potter, and the H2G2 film; the other was a "forgotten" Doctor Who incarnation and all those nightmare-inducing animated films like Watership Down, Plague Dogs, The Black Cauldron. And again, both damn talented.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I'd put him in the same class in popular media as Alan Rickman -- obviously they're damn talented actors (especially on stage) but their roles in film are more character work and voice over stuff. One was in Galaxy Quest, Harry Potter, and the H2G2 film; the other was a "forgotten" Doctor Who incarnation and all those nightmare-inducing animated films like Watership Down, Plague Dogs, The Black Cauldron. And again, both damn talented.

You forgot his most important role, in a video game no less:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ImpossibleWealthyAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Man, I love learning about the behind the scenes of Disney, and its history, the childhood movies I loved had this stuff going on. I should be sad or repulsed, but I find it funny honestly. Weird feeling. But her vids are great.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
One has to wonder if/when audiences will turn on the star-driven mediocrities that have been Disney's live action adaptations, even if they dont' suffer from the same degree of quality issues Katzenberg's cheaply burped-out post-Disney contributions have been they're going to run out of renaissance-era films to adapt and then what?