• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I was also so psyched to see that Chris was also there for some of the endings. Him and Daniel's relationship was so sweet.
Took me awhile to realize that was Chris in the corner.
dcbaf59167792a5c4d688bcebb15dd0d689d2eac.png

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Sean dies, Daniel goes to Mexico alone: yeah no this ending has no good sides, this is the worst ending

Sean and Daniel go to Mexico, they are together but Daniel looks sad and they can never see their friends

Sean goes to prison, Daniel stays with Stephen and Claire, Daniel gets his childhood but Sean has PTSD and is depressed after he gets out of jail, their brotherhood isn't the same.

Sean goes to Mexico but Daniel stays with Stephen and Claire, Sean gets to be with Cassidy or Finn and the brothers do communicate but they can't be together.

Every ending has its ups and downs.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Sean dies, Daniel goes to Mexico alone: yeah no this ending has no good sides, this is the worst ending

Sean and Daniel go to Mexico, they are together but Daniel looks sad and they can never see their friends

Sean goes to prison, Daniel stays with Stephen and Claire, Daniel gets his childhood but Sean has PTSD and is depressed after he gets out of jail, their brotherhood isn't the same.

Sean goes to Mexico but Daniel stays with Stephen and Claire, Sean gets to be with Cassidy or Finn and the brothers do communicate but they can't be together.

Every ending has its ups and downs.
Think the last one is the best honestly after a few days. Blood brothers are nice, but Daniel looks sad as you said. The last one has Sean in Mexico with a partner, where he wants to be, while Daniel hopefully gets his youth, despite his shackles. I mean there is a chance he might be turned into a lab rat, which is totally what would happen irl after they saw what he can do, but ya know.

Prison ending is just brutal for Sean. Didn't finish high school, didn't go to college, no education, depressed, relationship with his brother isn't the same, convicted minority criminal and cop murderer with an entry in several offender registries for life. Gonna be next to impossible to catch that all up and find solid employment. His life is kinda fucked

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Think the last one is the best honestly after a few days. Blood brothers are nice, but Daniel looks sad as you said. The last one has Sean in Mexico with a partner, where he wants to be, while Daniel hopefully gets his youth, despite his shackles. I mean there is a chance he might be turned into a lab rat, which is totally what would happen irl after they saw what he can do, but ya know.

Prison ending is just brutal for Sean. Didn't finish high school, didn't go to college, no education, depressed, relationship with his brother isn't the same, convicted minority criminal and cop murderer with an entry in several offender registries for life. Gonna be next to impossible to catch that all up and find solid employment. His life is kinda fucked

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I agree this game ends more solidly than the last two games, plus there were way more variety in the endings so I think everyone can decide what is the 'best' ending considering the circumstances.

Surprised at the lack of licensed songs like mentioned. That said this track is beautiful/heartbreaking at the same time when played along with some of the endings.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Played the entire game from start to finish over the last week. Overall while the production values were clearly much much higher this go around, I do think the story was overall undoubtedly a step back from both LiS1 and BTS. That said, I'm an older brother myself, and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that that ending broke me emotionally. Just like LiS1, it was truly beautiful and sad and happy all at the same time. Just wonderfully executed.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I think what ultimately makes this the weaker game for me is the clash between the new roadtrip and the old "snooping around someone's home" structure. That urge to read every pamphlet, letter and note is diminished significantly when you know you're gonna talk to them twice and never see them again.

Dontnod should've just embraced the roadtrip.

Jun 7, 2018
Germany
Just finished Episode 5. I have to admit that the final episode gave Season 2 a completely positive turnaround for me. I liked EP1 and EP2 while EP3 and EP4 were a little boring and not that interesting and exciting for me personally. EP5 was just incredible and I really hope that DONTNOD never stops making this narrative, emotional and remarkable gaming experiences. I'm so much in love with this studio and their talented creators and storywriters. Thanks DONTNOD!

Surrender / High morality

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
some infos from the game director about something that you can see in episode 5

it's interesting.I like that.

Also some answers about a character's option in episode 3

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One of the first things I thought of when I saw my ending:
dHpDHtX.jpg

Punished Sean totally looks like Matrix from Reboot.

Kongroo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Holy shit. I haven't cried like this at a video game in a long time.

I ended up doing the surrender option at the end. It crushed me to see Sean break down in front of adult Daniel while they were at the old camping spot. It really sunk in the fact that, in my playthrough, Sean loved his brother so much that he gave up a large chunk of his life so that Daniel could live a normal life. I loved it.

Jan 29, 2018
Happy that wife and I ended up with the best ending:

Sean in Mexico with Kassidy, Daniel with his grandparents. Though it seemed weird that he was under house arrest 6 years later? Not sure how thay works.

Saw the other endings on YouTube later - the prison one is just heartbreaking. That's too high a price to pay for protecting your little bro.

How's the stuff with David play out if you let Arcadia Bay get destroyed? And someone mentioned letters from other season 1 characters? We only found David's attempt at a letter to Joyce.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Happy that wife and I ended up with the best ending:

Sean in Mexico with Kassidy, Daniel with his grandparents. Though it seemed weird that he was under house arrest 6 years later? Not sure how thay works.

Saw the other endings on YouTube later - the prison one is just heartbreaking. That's too high a price to pay for protecting your little bro.

How's the stuff with David play out if you let Arcadia Bay get destroyed? And someone mentioned letters from other season 1 characters? We only found David's attempt at a letter to Joyce.
Joyce is dead. David is talking with Chloe on the phone. You see a picture of Max and Chloe when they visited Away. A letter from Veronica. I'm guessing dialouge is different to, but I haven't watched it.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Finally played through this today. The ending I got broke me. First time a game has made me cry in a while. Overall it definitely had a better conclusion than Life is Strange 1 and Before The Storm

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
As happy with my ending as I could be.

Sean with Kassidy in Mexico, Daniel living with the grandparents and his new bestie Captain Spirit.

Finding David having come to some degree of inner peace was so powerful. I didn't recognize him until he used the word "step-douche", and I literally gasped.

The player choices in this game feels more meaningful and agonizing than in LiS 1, and DONTNOD deserves full credit for their unapologetic approach to the subject matter. Bravo.

edit: FUCK ;~;

Daniel jumped out of the car *because* I taught him well, to follow the rules of society :(

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Bummer that this wasn't nominated for best story (as well as score and art direction) and none of the cast were nominated for best performance :/

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I think what ultimately makes this the weaker game for me is the clash between the new roadtrip and the old "snooping around someone's home" structure. That urge to read every pamphlet, letter and note is diminished significantly when you know you're gonna talk to them twice and never see them again.

Dontnod should've just embraced the roadtrip.
Agreed, and i hope they return to LiS 1 and BtS structure for LiS 3. I still think LiS 2 is the better game, but I cared about the old characters way more than in this one.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
I'm so glad that Chloe and Max living a relatively normal life is now cannon. I remember arguing constantly with people after the end of LiS1 who thought that disaster was going to follow them and there would be a major storm until Chloe died.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much, yes. Now that I think about it, I missed the phone conversations a lot. Loved the sketchbook but it wasn't enough to compensate.
So the main thing I think I missed is a power that actively connects with the way you interact with the world. Time powers in LiS with the kind of adventure game it was and the kind of puzzles involved was genius, and LiS2 didn't really replicate that with Daniel (even though, in a narrative sense, his powers are pretty much just as important).

Other than that, I feel like what makes a "Life is Strange" game is pretty malleable to me. It needs to be a coming-of-age story at this point (probably starring a young adult) and the main character probably has an artistic outlet. I agree that Sean's sketchbook wasn't as good as Max's photography; I felt like it was missing something, and it felt like there wasn't a proper pay off.
It totally felt like losing his eye would be where the mechanic would really come into play, but nothing really changed.

LiS has pretty much established itself as the anthology series I thought it should be, and they have a lot of room to explore what that entails if we get to see more of it. Sure, another intimate setting could be cool, but maybe have it take place in a large city where the main character feels alienated in a different way than Max did, instead of in a small town.

A lot of people want to see more of LiS1, but I think that's already been done. More can be explored.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have this recurring thought of a scene where you see a grown up Max and you get to interact with her for a bit, where she seems surprisingly insightful and has an interesting amount of foresight, playing around with the idea of whether or not she's using her powers at that moment, with no confirmation either way. Sounds amusing.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So the main thing I think I missed is a power that actively connects with the way you interact with the world. Time powers in LiS with the kind of adventure game it was and the kind of puzzles involved was genius, and LiS2 didn't really replicate that with Daniel (even though, in a narrative sense, his powers are pretty much just as important).

Other than that, I feel like what makes a "Life is Strange" game is pretty malleable to me. It needs to be a coming-of-age story at this point (probably starring a young adult) and the main character probably has an artistic outlet. I agree that Sean's sketchbook wasn't as good as Max's photography; I felt like it was missing something, and it felt like there wasn't a proper pay off.
It totally felt like losing his eye would be where the mechanic would really come into play, but nothing really changed.

LiS has pretty much established itself as the anthology series I thought it should be, and they have a lot of room to explore what that entails if we get to see more of it. Sure, another intimate setting could be cool, but maybe have it take place in a large city where the main character feels alienated in a different way than Max did, instead of in a small town.

A lot of people want to see more of LiS1, but I think that's already been done. More can be explored.
Totally agree with all of this, very well put.

(Also, come back and play a Mafia game again, I miss you lol)

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that Chloe and Max living a relatively normal life is now cannon. I remember arguing constantly with people after the end of LiS1 who thought that disaster was going to follow them and there would be a major storm until Chloe died.

I was one of the folks who thought that it was a Final Destination scenario, but I'm more than willing to admit when I was wrong as she's very much not trying to be killed by the universe anymore, unless Dontnod left out the Avengers and the alien invasion when they mentioned they're in New York lol.

It doesn't make that choice any less awful to me for the rest of what happens, especially when the person in question is the telling you to kill her to prevent it, but yeah.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
What a fantastic game this was. I really liked LiS1 and BtS, but I felt they both had a lot of issues (Especially their finales). I feel this one is an improvement in practically every way. I don't think I got the happiest ending possible, but it still felt like a natural conclusion to the story. Easily one of my favorite games this gen.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I haven't read anything on the game, how did it end up? Worth playing? I liked LiS1 but felt they botched the ending. Also enjoyed BtS enough but felt between both games Joyce was the only likable character.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't read anything on the game, how did it end up? Worth playing? I liked LiS1 but felt they botched the ending. Also enjoyed BtS enough but felt between both games Joyce was the only likable character.

I loved LiS1 and BtS but LiS2 is my favorite, it connected with me on a whole new level, I loved everything about it.

However the only bad thing is there is not as much amazing indie music in it like the first 2.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I like it, it has very different themes and I think the way they handled the endings are way better.

There are 4 endings, there is a point system based on your choices that determine what kind of ending you get. There is still a choice at the end, but you can only get 2 of the four endings on that choice. Your choices throughout the game determine which set of endings you can get. None of the endings feel shoehorned in.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I loved LiS1 and BtS but LiS2 is my favorite, it connected with me on a whole new level, I loved everything about it.

However the only bad thing is there is not as much amazing indie music in it like the first 2.
None of the indie music really did it for me, so that all sounds good.

I like it, it has very different themes and I think the way they handled the endings are way better.

There are 4 endings, there is a point system based on your choices that determine what kind of ending you get. There is still a choice at the end, but you can only get 2 of the four endings on that choice. Your choices throughout the game determine which set of endings you can get.
I just pick whatever choice seems to make the most sense for the characters (I'd prefer no choices at all tbh), just as long as whatever ending I get isn't super rushed and scattered like LiS1's final episode. BtS did better there.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
None of the indie music really did it for me, so that all sounds good.

I just pick whatever choice seems to make the most sense for the characters (I'd prefer no choices at all tbh), just as long as whatever ending I get isn't super rushed and scattered like LiS1's final episode. BtS did better there.
Your choices in this game revolve around forming your brother as a person, based on the player characters choices and actions.