• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I finally found some time in which to play episode 4.
I still think Daniel is an awful irredeemable piece of garbage and I'm disappointed (though not at all surprised) that there was no 100% "fuck Daniel" route coming out of episode 3. I will say though, the time between episodes definitely softened my perception of him (hey, the episodic model still works!), but as soon as I saw him being an idiot again, it all came rushing back. If he thinks he's so mature then let's see him deal with actual consequences. Unfortunately, that was clearly never the story they were telling.

Karen sucks. I wouldn't say she's poorly written, I suppose, but she's a horrible person. When she gave her complete non-reason for leaving, my jaw dropped. Like, that's fucking it, dude? THIS is how you're trying to justify leaving, and all the bullshit that happened as a result? For that reason, I did enjoy when Lisbeth went off on her at the end of the episode. Yeah, everyone in this room is a piece of shit. Let everyone get some. People are saying they're glad she didn't have powers because that would be a hokey explanation... but the only reason that explanation is used is because those are the only circumstances in which such a choice would be justified. As it stands, the game gives me absolutely no reason to forgive her despite the fact that it very much wants me to (judging by the abundance of reconciliatory choices you have with her). It's more "grounded" in the sense that it's a motivation that a real person may have for abandoning their family, but when this is a person that I have to cooperate with... it's extremely unlikely that I'd ever trust anyone for having such piss-poor reasoning for such a massive decision.
I passed both of the eye tests. (I don't even remember there being two?)
I told Agent Flores the robbery was Finn's idea. (That dude sucked, and he's dead anyway.)
I escaped the hospital without hurting anyone. (Be thorough, y'all!)
Finn wasn't at the hospital. (...because he was super dead and deserved to be!)
I broke Daniel's toy while trying to take it back. (This wasn't so much about Daniel as it was about showing them that I wouldn't let them fuck with me.)
I refused to sing and got beat up. (I'm very disappointed that most players seem to have just caved, honestly. In reality, I get it because you don't want to be murdered and stuff but... it's a video game y'all. Have some imaginary dignity.)
I didn't get into the truck and walked to Haven Point. (I have done so much ill shit in this game that I cannot rely on the kindness of strangers unless it is absolutely necessary.)
I didn't give money to the Church. (Fuck 'em.)
I cut the conversation short with Karen. (I REALLY tried to be hard on her, but apparently the game didn't interpret it that way.)
I stayed outside with Karen when she smoked. (I'll listen to what she has to say, but I don't want her to go on thinking we're on good terms.)
Karen didn't offer her help. (Yeah, why start now, asshole?)
Nicholas was unaware of my presence. (Stealth mode!)
I gave Jacob the money. (Sean said "this'll cover it" which made me laugh so fucking hard. Oh no, sweetie, not even close.)
I wasn't caught by Nicholas. (Closed the filing cabinet, hid in the closet, Karen distraction saved me.)
I shot Lisbeth while Daniel was hurting her. (I really wanted to spare her, but Daniel was going to kill her regardless of what I did... better me than him, I guess. I still contend that there's no reason for Daniel to be a woman-choking asshole in the context of the choices I've made, but apparently the game disagrees so whatever.)
This felt like a short one. My current ranking of the episodes is 3 > 1 > 2 > 4

Astronomer

Aug 22, 2019
Yeah, separating the brothers was a good direction for the story to explore, but now I worry there's not enough runway left to make the most out of their relationship. Six episodes would be perfect, and stretching out the cult arc across two episodes could have made it feel like a stronger turning point, instead of just another wacky and dangerous adventure for the Diaz brothers.

All the same, in its best moments this game is peerless. That Life is Strange is the first game series to directly confront Trump-era fears and anxieties makes so much sense.

Indeed. Six episodes, or at least, i hope for a 5th episode much longer than the others

Ot in my spoiler:
Yep,
I agree, it's really interesting to see something perfectly relevant to reality in a game, without fear.
Although I think that what Sean suffers has nothing to do with politics: racism is not a political aspect, it is simply racism. We must always make distinctions between policies that can, unfortunately, attract extreme people to the rest.
Characters we saw in the game, existed before and still exist today. Some might feel even motivated but, it doesn't matter.
I think players are hurt by taking issue with the game because it deals with certain issues. They exist and cannot be denied.
One person can be very good Trump supporter for a whole range of reasons, and at the same time condemn any episode like that.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Upon reflection I have all sorts of problems with Jacob's plotline. He has time to pack gear (and grab your money) and write a cryptic note in your journal while the cops are coming as well as take a gun-shot wound Daniel safely across to Nevada to be left with the evil cult he ran away from? And since Sean was in a coma and the scattered how did his journal even leave an evidence room? It might have made more sense if Jacob had tried to trade Daniel for his sister and then when that failed he hatched a plan to get Karen and Sean there to help him.

Also those who didn't talk to poor Finn missed a decent conversation with a real dumbass.
Yeah I didn't really get why all of Sean's stuff is in the hospital and not in an actual evidence room. Very convenient for Sean lol. Also worst hospital security ever, the windows were barely secured haha

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

Like the first season.
Ah ah this will be a bit weird.(Latino americans with japanese voice? :D)

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
One episode left but I'm missing Max and Chloe right about now. Feels like the first season was much better.

All too convenient how Karen shows up. And her selfish explanations just kind of ring hollow, even though they're totally believable. I was expecting something more interesting here.
I'm not American but my wife is and she finds the American racist and crazy religious nuts stereotypes annoying. She likes the episode but was rolling her eyes at some of those parts.
Overall given the large timeskips between episodes make this season more disjointed. In the first LiS it felt more cohesive

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up. The wait until December for episode 5 sucks. Really interested in seeing how this ends.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to just play Episode 4, without playing the previous episodes (even episode 1) on PC? I'm switching platforms, that's why I'm asking this.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Is it possible to just play Episode 4, without playing the previous episodes (even episode 1) on PC? I'm switching platforms, that's why I'm asking this.

you can,but you will lose all of your choice.So i don't understand why you will do that.
If you're switching platform,the best is still to play all the episodes imo.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
you can,but you will lose all of your choice.So i don't understand why you will do that.
If you're switching platform,the best is still to play all the episodes imo.

Thanks! I don't want to replay all episodes, but do want to experience the last episode myself. I can live with random choices, I think.

ColorMeImpressed

Alt account
Banned
Jul 24, 2019
Although, if pressed, I would admit I am not liking this as much as the first game, they're so different I don't feel like they invite alot of comparison beyond the name and obvious stylistic flourishes.

I'm definitely engaged with the story and characters, and the choices have mostly been pretty interesting. The acting deserves mention as well, it's really excellent.

This one does feel a lot more episodic in the sense that there are no real recurring locations and that's both good and bad. Obviously it's great to have new locations to explore every episode, but I also liked the way the school anchored the story with a kind of slice of life feel in between all the intrigue.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one does feel a lot more episodic in the sense that there are no real recurring locations and that's both good and bad. Obviously it's great to have new locations to explore every episode, but I also liked the way the school anchored the story with a kind of slice of life feel in between all the intrigue.
I think this is correlated with how reoccurring characters are also very limited. The last episode was filled with one off randos that just came and went. I can't even name the antagonists of that episode.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Finally, finally, got to play the game and am up-to-date. Definitely doesn't feel as magical as the first one, but it is special nonetheless. The game is getting better with each episode. Perhaps it's because I got an elder brother and episode 4 felt poignant as heck. Glad to be able to be part of the discussion at last.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Episode 4 is easily the worst chapter in the both games
The characters, the writing, the pacing all was a mess

Btw: missed opportunity to get more Layla

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
do we know when episode 5 will be released?

December 3rd.

D2LI-TBW0AAZSbe

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit! Does Chris die? Please tell me he does not. Is there a way to know that or not? He got hit by the police car. Man, it broke my heart...

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
holy shit! Does Chris die? Please tell me he does not. Is there a way to know that or not? He got hit by the police car. Man, it broke my heart...
He does not. Most people who play don't even know he can get hurt! You (and I) got the worst possible ending to chapter 2. No matter what happens in chapter 2 Chris is alive in chapter 3. Our Chris is just a lot more bruised.
I don't regret getting that ending, because it was a hell of a moment.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
He does not. Most people who play don't even know he can get hurt! You (and I) got the worst possible ending to chapter 2. No matter what happens in chapter 2 Chris is alive in chapter 3. Our Chris is just a lot more bruised.
I don't regret getting that ending, because it was a hell of a moment.

Man, what a relief. I connected way more with Chris than I did with Sean or Daniel .

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
"Who's going to Paris Games Week this year? From October 30th to November 3rd, you'll have the chance to take a photo in Sean's room, recreated faithfully, from #LifeisStrange2! We hope to see a lot of photos from you! #PGW2019"

Ah that's cool !

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Friendly reminder that the full season is on sale on both US/EU PSN stores for €/$23.99.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
"EGX is delighted to welcome back key members of the Life is Strange development team as they take part in a panel session titled Untold stories: How Life is Strange is opening our eyes to all walks of life.

Taking place on Friday at 4pm in the EGX theatre, we talk to the DONTNOD team about how they've used the immersion of interactive storytelling to create and even alter young people's perception of the world at large.

Friday 4:00PM BST

EGX Theatre "

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
"We'll have specific play periods for each Episode – several days where we'll focus on an Episode at a time, with streams, conversation, and reveals. Once Episode 4 is finished, you can expect to see glimpses of Episode 5 as the final countdown begins! "
We've also bought a delicious bag of snacks for the road, in the form of enlightening new blogs on each Episode featuring insights, Q&As from those who have worked on the game, unseen concept art, and more. "

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
"We are approaching the #JourneysEnd - Life is Strange 2 Episode 5 will be released on December 3rd. We have a lot planned for the month ahead, but in the meantime, here are some spoilers without context… "

hmmm.......

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
This is really interesting.

"
While major choices will have a greater impact on Daniel's education overall, the lessons they teach him can still be outweighed by the many smaller choices you may make throughout your journey and the example you set. You can't choose to only be righteous when it counts, if that's what matters to you. You have to be an example to Daniel in everything you do and say.

This is also why certain playthroughs result in different outcomes, even though players may have made the same major choices as their friends and other players. These outcomes are likely down to choosing differently in a series of smaller choices.

To date, Life is Strange 2 has featured over 50 individual choices that have pushed Daniel towards becoming moral/amoral and/or trusting/not trusting of Sean
. This is what we mean when we say, "everything you do will have an impact on Daniel."
"
As Daniel becomes the person you are teaching him to be, his learned state of mind will also open up or close off some bigger and smaller decision options that you are given. There are cases throughout the episodes where you may try to interact with Daniel in a particular way, but he refuses to listen or accept your advice or help. That refusal may mean that what you're trying to teach him may not have the same impact as if he had accepted it. This is because your previous choices have reinforced and compounded themselves as you proceeded through the story of Life is Strange 2. This is particularly visible if you have a sudden change of heart or feel strongly about a certain decision that may not align with what you've taught him so far.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
I assure you that you are the only person that feels that way, hah.
Well I know it has taken a long time to come out. I just mean the game itself feels like not much has happened in them/feels short. Maybe because each episode is pretty disconnected/has a different cast and setting. Or maybe it is just me lol. It feels like we have barely gotten to know these characters

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Well I know it has taken a long time to come out. I just mean the game itself feels like not much has happened in them/feels short. Maybe because each episode is pretty disconnected/has a different cast and setting. Or maybe it is just me lol. It feels like we have barely gotten to know these characters
Oh, in that case I understand more what you're saying. I think the "road trip" thing allows there to be bigger gaps in the story and cast and whatnot but I get it.