• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Binged all of Love, Victor Season 3 over the weekend. I don't know if Heartstopper has kind of ruined every other queer coming of age TV show or if this was just a rough season (or a combination of both), but I was mostly just frustrated and annoyed at this. I feel for the writers because you definitely get the sense they weren't planning for this to be the last season, even up until the last couple episodes they were introducing new characters and plot threads. They definitely tried their best in the last episode to tie up a bunch of threads in one way or another, but it ended up just feeling super contrived and inauthentic. Love Victor was never like a 10/10 show, it always felt one step above Degrassi, but season three was especially disappointing. A shame, really.

On a brighter note, this has been mentioned in this thread before but I absolutely devoured Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the World last week. This book sat on my shelf unread for like three years, and I'm kicking myself for taking so long to read it (I put 100% of the blame on the tragically clunky title). I'm not one to binge books, I'm a pretty slow reader, but I absolutely inhaled this one in like a day and a half. It's so sweet, so charming, and so achingly earnest. It's not breaking any new ground with the story it tells, but it just does such a good job of creating two fully realized characters and making you fall in love with them. If you're chasing Heartstopper vibes, this book will absolutely scratch that same itch.

The one benefit of waiting so long to read this is that now there's a sequel (with an equally awful title) waiting for me to jump into. Can't wait!

Yup it felt like they were given the call about seaosn 3 being the final one, half way through filming it and just pivoted to tie up things as quickly as they could.

Mar 9, 2018
"The 7 Lives of Lea" on Netflix. A short series that is about a girl in the present day who goes to sleep and wakes up in the body of someone else in 1991. Time traveling murder mystery.

Original is in French, but I'm pretty sure they have an English dub and of course subtitles. There are some interesting things from a gender/sexuality perspective, including several LGBT relationships.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Since the first episode premieres tomorrow, I just made a Motherland: Fort Salem season 3 OT.

I wanted a place to talk about the episodes (and post all the inevitable memes and fan edits, lol!)

Come talk about the episodes with me if you're watching the season too :)

www.resetera.com

Motherland: Fort Salem S3 - The Final Season | OT | With storm and fury Entertainment - Video/Streaming - OT

A note about spoilers: • Open spoilers for each new episode on Tuesday when it drops. • Earlier seasons can be discussed without spoiler tags. Welcome to the final season of Motherland: Fort Salem! Premieres June 21st, 10 p.m. ET on Freeform, and June 22nd on Hulu. Season 3 will be...