Which practical werewolf design is the best?

• Wolfman

Votes: 35 6.9%
  • The Howling

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • And American Werewolf in London

Votes: 185 36.3%
  • Bad Moon

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Dog Soldiers

Votes: 67 13.1%
  • Underworld

Votes: 123 24.1%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 38 7.5%

• Total voters

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
It's that spoopy time of year. And my contribution for the festivities is a battle between the werewolves of cinema.

This poll is gonna be about practical effect werewolves, as CGI ones always look off.

I've picked out the ones that are always talked about the most, so sorry if your favorite is missing. Please do state it in the thread.

Wolfman
ep108-wolfman.jpg

The Howling

An American Werewolf in London

Bad Moon

Dog Soldiers

Underworld

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I never realized how terrible all werewolf designs seem to be... Underworld I guess?

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
An American Werewolf In London edges it - mainly because it's an amazing film.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably American Werewolf in London. Though I usually prefer them bipedal, it's got the best face. Very freaky.

tumblr_pumrkm7h1g1ws13fzo2_r1_500.gifv

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I think the American Werewolf in London design looks the best. But the Dog Soldiers one would probably be the one to make me shit my pants in an instant. That thing is a giant & has incredible strength. Screw that one.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's gotta be Lycan Colony, right?

But seriously, though...
Best design is An American Werewolf In London.
Best execution is Underworld.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
American Werewolf in London is by far the best. It's the only one that is actually scary.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wolfman's iconic, but having just watched it for the first time I'd probably give it to American Werewolf in London on that list. That thing is freaky as hell, and has one of, if not the best transformation I've ever seen.

Not on the list but I also like Van Helsing's
1499655761c648173198c9ca075f5a26.gif

6lTTZcR.gif

Just because it's a guilty pleasure movie

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the only vote for The Howling?!?! That movie was ahead of it's time and still my favorite werewolf movie ever.

This is crazy town.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I've heard about the American Werewolf in London transformation but never had the guts to actually go on Youtube and watch it. Should I ?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Karate werewolf Jon Talbain still the best.

Edit: thought this was gaming side

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
It's still AWWIL, but...

I was really impressed with the anthropomorphic design in Dog Soldiers. Quite striking all things considered.

Cabin in the Woods had a great werewolf.

Ginger Snaps wolf was effective.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Generally, if given a choice, I prefer the *actual* wolf-like werewolves like Hemlock Grove. If I had to choose between the bi-pedal type that's pretty popular in films, then I think I'd go with The Howling, Dog Soldiers or Ginger Snaps.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Underworld has the best design, Werewolf in London has the best execution.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Having seen none of these movies and judging by appearance alone, I'd say the Wolfman is the clear winner. The rest look dumb with their oversized wolf heads. American Werewolf in London does look terrifying, but Wolfman has the perfect blend of human and wolf.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the only vote for The Howling?!?! That movie was ahead of it's time and still my favorite werewolf movie ever.

This is crazy town.
Movie came out the same year as American Werewolf in London. I enjoyed both movies but American Werewolf is superior imo. Also Steven Kings Silver Bullet isn't mentioned here either:
1118full-silver-bullet----------------------------------%281985%29-screenshot.jpg

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we're still waiting for the perfect werewolf design in film.

Admittedly the one from The Howling slightly disturbed me and I was a grown ass man when I first saw it, too. So I guess there's that.

I feel the general problem is they're trying too hard. Except the OG Wolfman but he's better at looking tragic than scary. You gotta find that balance.