Oct 25, 2017
NA Trailer:

JP Trailer:

No more held items?
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The towns look really pretty! I like how they also put nice interactions with Pikachu and Eevee like the one on the deck of the S.S. Anne.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Despite a not being a fan of a lot of the things going on in this game, damn if they aren't doing a fantastic job with the soundtrack.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
wait... are there really no held items?

or you can hold two?

oooorrrrrr, Charizardite is now just one stone?

ORR mega stones are key items?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
The SS Anne and Team Rocket look great. One thing that irks me though is I don't get why they're such a fan of going with the green ass battlefield for multiplayer battles. Like just let us select any location in the game!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone else say the team rocket motto in their head when it came up with Jessie and James' names?

Game still looks trash.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
So Jessie and James is a double battle. Makes sense. If it wasn't for Smash, this would probably me my most wanted game this year.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Chibi make everything looks so lame. Which is a shame, because I'm happy for Jessie and James being there. Now even Surge looks ugly.

Are we supposed to see something special on Vermilion?

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
This game really does look like those upscaled HD DS/3DS games in emulators.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh the S.S. Anne looks like a weird yacht rather than an actual cruise ship, totally out of scale with everything. Seeing Jesse and James is such a bummer because you know they aren't going to be voiced, why take away their most defining characteristic? Rip held items, shame seeing another layer of depth tossed away for this year's title

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Adding megas is a strange move isnt it? if these games are more casual.

Oct 27, 2017
I have to admit, despite not liking the art style, seeing a full sized/to scale interior for the SS Anne is pretty damn cool

Oct 25, 2017
Conflicted between

- thinking Team Rocket is going to get Mega Evos to use to make later boss battles more epic

- thinking they won't want to throw that on players who may be new in keeping with their accessibility theme for this game

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling these were put in here rather recently to try to get some fans back into them. However unless there's no Megas I'm not interested. : /

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Conflicted between

- thinking Team Rocket is going to get Mega Evos to use to make later boss battles more epic

- thinking they won't want to throw that on players who may be new in keeping with their accessibility theme for this game
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if there were any new Megas they would have shown at least one.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Why does this imply that held items are gone? Isn't selecting it on a battle menu how Megas worked in X/Y?

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Honestly don't know what you guys are on about, overworld looks clean with that music it will be so peaceful to explore. Love the music a lot.

The chibi style is cute too, don't want it done again but its nice here

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I need the soundtrack for these games.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does this imply that held items are gone? Isn't selecting it on a battle menu how Megas worked in X/Y?
The lack of any item screens or options in all the gameplay previews before this compounded with the fact that you get to choose Charizard X or Y in battle along tells me that Megas are just key items now.

There aren't any held items in Pokemon Go, it's not a stretch.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Conflicted between

Speaking of Team Rocket...Maybe Arbok and Weezing will come back in the anime. But then again they're all the way in Hoenn.