Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
It's okay, all she has to do is pull a Jim Carrey and say "I'm not against vaccinations at all!" while spouting anti-vax nonsense and people will forgive her.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I just don't think she should because she doesn't have the acting chops for it.

Nah, she can act. She killed it in Mangrove.

www.theguardian.com

Mangrove review – Steve McQueen takes axe to racial prejudice

The notorious 1970 prosecution that exposed police harassment of black Britons is brilliantly evoked as part of the director’s Small Axe project

And we forget she got nominated for an Emmy for her Black Mirror episode.

The physical aspect...I dunno. She comes off as frail on film. But she wouldn't be the first actor to bulk up a bit. And she seems from the school of professional british thespians hustling that hollywood dollar that will make whatever they need happen for that check, lol.

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
She is fanatically religious, which makes this not particularly surprising. Very disappointing.

Lupita should be the next Black Panther.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
While Incredible Hulk wasn't at the same level as black panther I still remember people being disappointed when Edward Norton didn't come back and was replaced by Mark Ruffalo. People quickly warmed up to him. I think that can happen with T'challa if they choose the right actor.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, she can act. She killed it in Mangrove.

www.theguardian.com

Mangrove review – Steve McQueen takes axe to racial prejudice

The notorious 1970 prosecution that exposed police harassment of black Britons is brilliantly evoked as part of the director’s Small Axe project

And we forget she got nominated for an Emmy for her Black Mirror episode.

The physical aspect...I dunno. She comes off as frail on film. But she wouldn't be the first actor to bulk up a bit

Yeah she's definitely a great actress. But damn did I not expect this shit.

Even last month or so she was on some anti vaxx shit.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively, they could pull a War Machine and cast Shuri with someone who isn't a PR disaster in the making?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm still wondering about whether or not long-term effects are part of vaccines. I thought thats why they take years, specifically for those long term effects. Im not ant-vaxxer by any means. I don't need to go to anti-vax websites to see their opinion, I just keep reading information from reliable sources. Covid is wrecking bodies and organs when you look into it. If we just had a bad flu, I wouldn't be so concerned. I can't say that im 100% certain that long-term effects are nothing to worry about specifically with a covid vaccine. Would be nice to put that to rest, although I doubt its going to filter down to non essential people anytime soon. Im cautious about my elderly parents (Again who knows when it filters down to them). Anyone have any solid info on that?

The problem today is that bullshit is branded and available in the same isle as the facts. It looks identical.

Im 37 now, but that was not the case growing up. Someone mentioned area 51 earlier, yeah you'd have some sketchy ass website/bbs story or something in the corner of the internet /magazine. Not the first page news (your facebook feed) daily. There would always be a level of skepticism with that sort of information because of how sparse and 'unverified' it is. Same with bigfoot. Now, you can fine tune your reality with sources that all appear credible.

I imagine its hard to parse shit when things are so saturated.

edit: religion probably has a helping hand in her case.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am honestly kinda surprised at this point that disney hasn't made all their stars have to run everything by them before they post it online. Some of these mother fuckers out here just competing like saying dumb shit is a sport.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you blame cancel culture when you really seem to be trying your damnedest to cancel yourself? I'm like 3 tweets in and this shit is wild.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
While Incredible Hulk wasn't at the same level as black panther I still remember people being disappointed when Edward Norton didn't come back and was replaced by Mark Ruffalo. People quickly warmed up to him. I think that can happen with T'challa if they choose the right actor.

We've gotten multiple Peter Parkers and Bruce Waynes...so at this point, why not? The character means so much to many people. Get a new Shuri and hand it down to her down the line.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Eww, all signs point to a recast anyway so it's a good thing she will probably not be Black Panther.