• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I have eczema on my hand, and it's been driving me nuts for years. It's been the worst it's been since early fall, and has hardly let up. If it's not inflamed, with lots of open or itchy blisters, it's dry as hell on a large part of my hand.

I grew up using Glysomed because of dry skin, and still like the texture of that cream. I inherited some of it when a family member passed, so I have a ton left on top of what I had bought myself. It's my favourite cream, but I don't know if it's helping or hurting the eczema.

handcream_family.png

Sorry the image is so big.

I also have Working Hands from a Christmas gift over a year ago, that I haven't opened or used. It didn't help much before.

Plus a steroid cream that helps some but not a lot. It dries my skin out a ton. It's what I've used the last 3 nights.

Not sure what else to get or where else to turn. Going to see a dermatologist again and get allergy testing done, but it won't be for a little while. Everyone keeps recommending different eczema creams, and they're all $20-30 or more each, so I'm hesitant to just buy anything. There have been too many expensive recommendations.

brokenmachine

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait I'm confused. Fragances don't help OR do fragrances make it worse? For example, if I have a nice aftershave cream that smells really nice, should I stop using it?
someone answer this man

Fragrances can be irritating for your skin.

If you don't experience any issues from it then you don't need to stop.

Fragrance sensitivity is not uncommon. People who are having skin issues might look to an abundance of fragrances in the products that they use as possible source of their problems.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I do, and i think looking younger is a bad excuse. Skin conditions i understand. But i still believe people should accept their bodies more than try to "fix" it.

I get that view, but I also think it's not a bad thing to try and keep your skin healthy as you age. I'm not for any harsh chemical treatments or any of that, but skincare, in general, is a good thing.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
someone answer this man
I support this post.
Fragrances can be irritating for your skin.

If you don't experience any issues from it then you don't need to stop.

Fragrance sensitivity is not uncommon. People who are having skin issues might look to an abundance of fragrances in the products that they use as possible source of their problems.
It is in irritant and often undetectable. You likely won't know the irritation it causes because it is microscopic. Everyone should skip it, not just people who think they're sensitive.

Here's a good write up by a great brand on why they don't put fragrance in anything
https://www.paulaschoice.com/expert...ance-free-products-are-best-for-everyone.html

Oct 30, 2017
Any products that are tailored to men in their description:
-Marketing nonsense?
-Actually taking into account possible differences in skin factors?

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Any products that are tailored to men in their description:
-Marketing nonsense?
-Actually taking into account possible differences in skin factors?
For actual skin care such as moisture, sunscreen, anti-aging? It's marketing BS. I can't think of a single skin-focused "Men's" product that earns the distinction or is better than a generic or women's skincare product.

Don't buy into manly scented products. They're not better for men and their fragrance makes them dermatologically worse for you.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I use this face soap and moisturizer combination from Muji.

4547315255795_400.jpg
4547315821839_1260.jpg

Which I thought were fine, until I saw this thread and noticed one of them has alcohol in it. Regardless, I noticed when I went back to adding a little bit of this very expensive "rescue" cream from Kiehls there was a night and day difference to my skin.

Skin_Rescuer_3605970459888_2.5fl.oz..jpg

Even when I washed my face, the quality of my skin looked different. I started using it a few years ago on a whim where I seemed to have minor eczema around my brow, and it went away as soon as I did. It costs me about 50 USD and lasts ... 4 months? I don't use much.

I guess I'll have to switch to a different system. At least I stopped using scrubs.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
A few months ago started using CeraVe Moisturizing Cream and it's been the only thing that works for me. Had bad flaky skin behind my ears, I could wash/moisturize and then an hour later just pull off huge patches of skin. This went on throughout the day, just constant skin shedding. Had no idea a body could produce so much skin. That area was always irritated and painful.

Saw someone I follow on twitter recommend CeraVe and I'm like, why not, tried everything else. Literally the first time I used some it fixed whatever issue I was having there. Using a little bit each day and I haven't had any issues since. That area is so clear and smooth now I'm not even sure if I need to keep using CeraVe or if that issue would come back if I stopped.

I also use it on my whole head and it's pretty good stuff. I don't feel oily or dry, just normal. I also swear it's gotten rid of these weird tiny bumps on my forehead that I used to have. They tend to come and go but I haven't had any for a long time now.

I feel like I'm pretty stingy with it and seems a little goes a long way. But some days I just want to dunk my whole head in a bucket of the stuff to see what would happen.

Oct 26, 2017
images

I've been using minoxidil to try to stimulate facial hair growth and the alcohol in the product dries out my face horribly. Nivea Soft was recommended by a lot of other minox users and I have to say it is the best feeling lotion I've ever used. It's for face and body so it being multi-use is an added bonus.

I have been using this for close to 20 years now, ever since I hit puberty and started suffering from dry/sensitive skin. It is a great product, never had any issues with it.

Z1r2y3

Oct 28, 2017
Any suggestions for acne that's fungal related? The only thing keeping my break outs at bay is doxycycline. I've used cereve sensitive skin face wash for a while but it barely helps. Any lotion I use, including cereve makes my skin slightly red(no burning) and cysts and the occasional white head will develop. My pores are always filled and I get black heads like crazy! I know I shouldn't be taking doxy but man it's insane how these white and bumps develop! :/

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Any suggestions for acne that's fungal related? The only thing keeping my break outs at bay is doxycycline. I've used cereve sensitive skin face wash for a while but it barely helps. Any lotion I use, including cereve makes my skin slightly red(no burning) and cysts and the occasional white head will develop. My pores are always filled and I get black heads like crazy! I know I shouldn't be taking doxy but man it's insane how these white and bumps develop! :/
Leona Lewis shared this link about fungal acne and you may find it useful. Also he said look for products that use Squalane as it is a good product for fungal acne prone skin. It's available cheap in a few forms from The Ordinary, a brand I mention in the OP you can find at Sephora or their own website.
https://simpleskincarescience.com/pityrosporum-folliculitis-treatment-malassezia-cure/