• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins control of the White House and Senate?

• Biden wins the White House, and Democrats win the Senate

Votes: 387 76.2%
  • Biden wins the White House, but Republicans keep the Senate

Votes: 85 16.7%
  • Trump wins the White House and Republicans keep the Senate

Votes: 29 5.7%
  • Trump wins the White House , but Democrats win the Senate

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
It's hard to estimate election fuckery by Trump, but increasingly, he seems to be losing his grasp.

This is the key. If there's little to no interference, I think the Dems take both.. Who knows what Republicans at the Federal and State levels will do to supress or straight up cheat the vote.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
We really need to take the senate with a greater than 50-50 or 51-49 majority. In that scenario, we are relying on conservative Dems like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema to change things. Getting that majority seems unlikely though.

Yeah. 51 seat majority feels like you pass one giant reconciliation bill and nothing else. And you can put a lot in there, but also you have to worry about Manchin balking at the price tag when you've been forced to do as much as possible in a single bill that now costs like $4 trillion and he starts demanding you cut stuff at random to get price down. And you legally can't include things like voting rights reform, new states, or immigration in a reconciliation bill — spending measures only — so all that is off the table.

52 feels like the point where you could nuke the filibuster and actually get a wide agenda passed without having to rely on reconciliation.

55 seems like the point where you could maybe start to get together a coalition for court packing, and where the Senate is actually to the left of Biden to push policies further on things like healthcare and education.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean is, I often see "I bet Trump will win, it's 2020" posts, 2020 memes are tiring.

The defeatists are ignoring all the facts while acting like they're smarter everybody else. It's annoying. Nothing is set in stone everybody still needs to participate to ensure victory, but the outlook is very good for us.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to muster up hope one more time. I think we'll get both.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The Senate was always possible, but challenging with a Biden win. But with the way the race has gone, a Biden win has become a sure thing and a Senate victory becomes possible but improbable... for Republicans.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the Republicans are gonna lose both the White House and the Senate, but they'll have pushed through their new justice for the Supreme Court and will have that on their side for decades to come.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
🙏🙏🙏

Please god give us some relief. I can't take another Republican victory night

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
I feel pretty confident Biden takes presidency, but still unsure if senate turns over to, so voted with biden but not senate.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Biden and Dems win out, and hope that then they pass a healthcare bill similar to Harris's proposal. It's much closer to Bernie's plan, and would do more than just adding a public option, which would be good yes, but Harris's plan is much more substantial

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Cuyahoga county and Cincy are democrat strongholds.
ok, that still doesnt answer how this person has the exact count?

also id be hesitant to just assume people with masks aren't trumpers. There are many trumpers that wear them, because they have to even to the post office. I told some lady wearing a MAGA trump 2020 mask fuck trump at the damn grocery store the other day.

Bengraven