• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I really didn't know that people got into cartoons like that"

Dude+its+a+ing+cartoon+i+bet+_14970e93d67c9d2140bb2b99d85a390a.png

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
As with anything, being a dick cheese about something just because you don't find value in it makes you come across like a selfish asshole.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how some people still believe only "nerds" got angry over spoilers for this movie.

Endgame is the highest grossing movie of all time. How many times did the so called nerds watch this film for that to happen lol

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
lol, "I really didn't know that people got into cartoons like that" is just gonna get them raging again

First I'm hearing of this, but damn if I can't tell if he's trying to apologize and is bad at it or is he trying to set those fools off again? Would have been best to wash his hands of the whole thing and move on

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
His twitter responses probably right now, "Actually the MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE is some of the most important film making of all time...."

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's really not that deep for him and that's just how he talks. Cartoons doesn't immediately have a negative connotation and he likes them enough to care about Tony.
To be clear. I think this is all fun stuff. The original tweet, him using cartoons. I'm not making any judgments here.

Most ppl here aren't. Don't be so serious, guy.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
"I really didn't know that people got into cartoons like that" says man who plays a children's game for money

EDIT: I thought his quote was funny, not mad about it, just thought that context was also funny.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"I didn't know that people really got into them cartoons like that"

Lmao what

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Movie got spoiled for me before I ever watched it.

Shrugged it off because at the end of the day it's just a movie. However some people take this stuff super seriously. Didn't know the backlash was Star Wars fan level though.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's only going to be more difficult to avoid spoilers in the age of the internet.

Maybe just not have them at all?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect, his death was kinda telegraphed with all the "This is the last RDJ appearance as Iron Man" news. Same with Harrison Ford and the Force Awakens.
I guess it's still a spoiler if it's a difference of the character getting a happy send off a la Captain America or straight up dying in the movie.

Nov 23, 2017
As a Philadelphia Eagles who saw Avengers: Endgame on opening night before seeing his Twitter post, I got pretty lucky and thought it was funny and shocking that he would spoil the movie. It sucks that people got spoiled but his total obliviousness to spoiler culture got a sensible chuckle out of me.

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't heard of the story. I know spoilers matter to people and I get why, but I've kind of let go of that and it's pretty liberating. Unfortunately the reason I let go of it is because playing random video games online and other things like that had people jump in to blurt out spoilers or otherwise text them, so I just got over it. It's fucking irritating that some people live to ruin stuff for others, though that's not what he did intentionally.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
I remember ESPN fantasy football's Matthew Berry (who was in the movie) went off on McCoy in the podcast lol.

It sucks but honestly everyone talking about McCoy spoiling the movie is what probably spoiled it to me as I don't follow him 😅.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
"I didn't know people cared about cartoons like that," says the man who plays sports ball for a living.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
He's too smart to not know the cartoon remark will rile up the nerds even further. I applaud him.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a really dumb take but I can't really be bothered arguing about it. Culpability is on the inconsiderate person.

The only dumb take here is that you know social media is going to spoil shit for you, people aren't going to change to prevent that, and that if you know this to be true, you continue to visit social media.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I like how this thread has the spoiler out in the open. I never saw the movie. Ah well. Clearly I wasn't going to get around.