• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- PS5: Dynamic 2160p at 30fps (common 1980p) or Dynamic 1440p at 60fps (common 1368p)
- Series X: Dynamic 2160p at 30fps (common 2160p) or Dynamic 2160p at 60fps (common 1872p)
- Series S: Dynamic 1260p at 30fps (common 1152p) or Dynamic 1260p at 60fps (common 1152p)

- The PC version runs with all settings at maximum.
- All versions have the same quality of shadows, textures, ambient occlusion and draw distance.
- The PC version has slight advantages in reflections. There is also less pop-in in this version.
- This time Series X has a clear advantage over PS5 in both performance and resolution.
- PS5 suffers from some tearing issues and framerate drops in some large areas.
- Load times are slightly faster on PC and Xbox compared to PS5.
- I feel that the 30fps mode of Series S has not been given enough attention. They could have reached 1440p perfectly.
- Series X is undoubtedly the best optimized platform in this game. Series S and PS5 have a good performance, but could be improved.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
That has to be the biggest advantage Series X has had up to now, interesting!

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Happy to go with Series X for multiplatforms this gen.

I really hope devs get to grips with the system, cause it truly is a beast.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
If what he says is true and the X/S/PS5 are running a lot of the same settings….Then the PS5 version is definitely undercooked being so close to the S version @ 60fps. Looks like I'll be getting it for the X.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If what he says is true and the X/S/PS5 are running a lot of the same settings….Then the PS5 version is definitely undercooked being so close to the S version @ 60fps. Looks like I'll be getting it for the X.
I haven't played the PS5 version of this title, but I will say that in my testing on Series X, the 30fps/60fps modes look virtually identical, resolution-wise. So that seems to line up with the analysis in the video.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, ps5 60fps mode looks like absolute crap. wanted to buy this for my ps5, but now im wondering if should wait for patches (my gf doesnt want to play on PC, becuase if show i would get it there instead, as it looks and runs great in the 3080, probably can find it cheaper too)

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Obviously Series X has a slight hardware power advantage so I'd expect it to perform slightly better. But if these numbers are true then the PS5 is closer to the Series S in performance mode than the Series X - doesn't really make sense to me

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Pretty poor showing from the PS5 version. If I didn't have basically every LEGO game on PC I might have wanted it on PS5 but I'm glad that's not the case. I'm getting 4K ~120fps on my 3080 and for once there aren't any annoying stuttering issues lol

TwisTz

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 version sounds a bit undercooked, yeah. You'd think it would have the load time advantage covered at a minimum.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Do we know if there is DualSense support? If there isn't, I would get it for Series X instead of PS5.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Do we know if there is DualSense support? If there isn't, I would get it for Series X instead of PS5.
From what I've seen in reviews, no dualsense support. I know they had a troubling dev cycle, but this doesn't seem like a version (PS5) worth supporting at the moment.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it on PS5 and am excited to play it, but I really hope we see a performance patch soon.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously Series X has a slight hardware power advantage so I'd expect it to perform slightly better. But if these numbers are true then the PS5 is closer to the Series S in performance mode than the Series X - doesn't really make sense to me

True.

This feels kind of strange tbh. Even the loading times are better on PC/XB.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 version sounds a bit undercooked, yeah. You'd think it would have the load time advantage covered at a minimum.
Load times are one area where the consoles trade blows fairly often, surprisingly. PS5 wins the majority of the time, but loses out on bigger titles like GTA5 or Cyberpunk. There are many more examples.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The game is quite a looker on PC. Sure, it's all just lego, but the materials, lighting, reflections and ambient shadowing, not to mention the draw distance, all combine to be pretty visually impressive.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
It does almost look like they took the PS4 pro version and ported it over without doing much - not taking advantage of Dual Sense or load time improvements.

May 14, 2021
True.

This feels kind of strange tbh. Even the loading times are better on PC/XB.
This isn't unusual. Pretty much every cross platform game I've played has better load times on Series X. Elden Ring being one big exception. Seems like devs only really take advantage of Sonys hardware when it's exclusive or if the game is next gen only.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Here some more platforms

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga | Switch - PS5 - Steam Deck - PS4 | Graphics Comparison

PS5: Dynamic 2160p at 30fps (common 1980p) or Dynamic 1440p at 60fps (common 1368p)
Steam Deck: 800p at 60fps (Low Settings) | 1080p at 30fps (High Settings)
Switch: 720p at 30fps (Docked) | 576p at 30fps (Handheld)
PS4: 1080p at 30fps

- Lego Star Wars is not compatible with Steam Deck in Gaming mode. We must force start from desktop mode to be able to run the game.
- Not yet verified for Steam Deck. Its performance is expected to improve soon.
- PS5 30fps mode improves resolution, some textures and reflections. However, running at 60hz, 30fps doesn't feel smooth at all.
- Nintendo Switch has suffered cuts in almost all sections. Textures, lighting, number of assets, draw distance, shadows, post-processing effects...
- Despite the cutbacks, the Switch version is still a decent option, with a perfect framerate at 30fps.
- Steam Deck fails to maintain 60fps on lowest settings at the moment. Locking the framerate to 30fps with the settings set to High will give us a better experience than PS4.
- Load times are slightly faster on the Steam Deck, followed by PS5 by a second.
- PS5 suffers from some tearing and drops in 60fps mode in open environments.
- In general, it is a good job on all platforms (although on PS5 it could have given more). I'm surprised with Steam Deck, because despite being officially an Unsupported game according to Valve, it runs satisfactorily.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Well that is disappointing as a PS5 owner. I will wait to see if they can improve this via patch before I buy.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty much fine with the PS5 version so far, but it does absolutely feel like I'm playing a BC game since while loading isn't long, it certainly is noticeably longer than other games I've been playing currently. Definitely needs another patch at least, but it's at least very playable.

I'm actually more disappointed with how brisk the story missions are right now.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Really weird and interesting results. PS5 has lagged behind a *little* on multiplat games but it's been really close most of the time. The fact that it screen tears, has significantly lower avg resolution and frame drops WITH longer loads (?!?!) is just bizarre. It's certainly more than capable of more than this I guess the team might have had trouble porting it or something.

I was day 1 on this game until impressions here stating how rushed all the movie stories are. I'm now torn on whether to get it. I think if I do, I'll just grab it on PC at this point.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Perfectly peachy as a PC player. Games definitely a looker, though it's hard not to think of Builders Journey's raytraced goodness when looking at lego games now.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Here some more platforms

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga | Switch - PS5 - Steam Deck - PS4 | Graphics Comparison

PS5: Dynamic 2160p at 30fps (common 1980p) or Dynamic 1440p at 60fps (common 1368p)
Steam Deck: 800p at 60fps (Low Settings) | 1080p at 30fps (High Settings)
Switch: 720p at 30fps (Docked) | 576p at 30fps (Handheld)
PS4: 1080p at 30fps

- Lego Star Wars is not compatible with Steam Deck in Gaming mode. We must force start from desktop mode to be able to run the game.
- Not yet verified for Steam Deck. Its performance is expected to improve soon.
- PS5 30fps mode improves resolution, some textures and reflections. However, running at 60hz, 30fps doesn't feel smooth at all.
- Nintendo Switch has suffered cuts in almost all sections. Textures, lighting, number of assets, draw distance, shadows, post-processing effects...
- Despite the cutbacks, the Switch version is still a decent option, with a perfect framerate at 30fps.
- Steam Deck fails to maintain 60fps on lowest settings at the moment. Locking the framerate to 30fps with the settings set to High will give us a better experience than PS4.
- Load times are slightly faster on the Steam Deck, followed by PS5 by a second.
- PS5 suffers from some tearing and drops in 60fps mode in open environments.
- In general, it is a good job on all platforms (although on PS5 it could have given more). I'm surprised with Steam Deck, because despite being officially an Unsupported game according to Valve, it runs satisfactorily.

The steam deck is doing a better expérience than a PS4 is kinda awesome ! With Time, a lot of game will get a better expérience on steam deck than PS4 ( thanks to the cpu, ram, SSD ) .

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
No dualsense support and is way under the series x version. Blatantly a shit port. Did they handle the os5 version themselves. Won't be buying this

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
No dualsense support and is way under the series x version. Blatantly a shit port. Did they handle the os5 version themselves. Won't be buying this
considering the Dev's well documented issues with crunch, overall working environment its not surprising they have some poor porting at least at launch.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seen performance reports for base Xbox One.
Buddy of mine's bday and he only has an Xbox One and a Switch wondering which version to get him

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
While I don't doubt there's a difference between the games on the different systems, I'd wait on DF or VG Tech for proper comparisons.

Unfortunately El Analista de Bits comparisons aren't always reliable.

Hopefully this eventually comes to Game Pass! :)

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
No there isn't.

Wonder if ps5 is basically just the ps4 pro version despite being a "native app"

From what I've seen in reviews, no dualsense support. I know they had a troubling dev cycle, but this doesn't seem like a version (PS5) worth supporting at the moment.

In the OT someone told me no :( so on PC I got it instead

Thanks! Xbox Series X it is!