Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
For LEGO's 90th anniversary, they're now holding a vote for a single new set to be made from one of 30 old themes. Among them are Bionicle, Pirates, Black Knights, Classic Space, and others.

ideas.lego.com

Fan Vote - Help Celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group!

To celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group, help us choose a classic theme to be reimagined as a single new product for the 2022 LEGO Adult ...

To celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group, help us choose a classic theme to be reimagined as a single new product for the 2022 LEGO Adult Portfolio. We have created a list of our 30 favourite classic LEGO themes for you to choose from.

Splitting this fan vote into two parts, you will have three votes in the first vote. You can vote a maximum of once for a theme in the first vote. This vote will be 100% transparrent!

The second vote will be the top three themes from the first vote. One of the three themes will be the theme the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on. This vote will not be transparrent, so it's still a little bit of a secret.

How will this work?
We will run this fan vote of all 30 themes from today the 17th of January 2021, to the 25th of January 2021. Then on February 3rd 2021, we will launch a second fan vote of the top three themes from this fan vote which will run until February 10th 2021. One of these three themes will be what the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on, but we still want to know what the most popular of the final three is!

You just need to make an account in order to vote.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If Bionicle doesn't win this i'll be amazed. Hell, it's the least they can do after ignoring the 20th anniversary. Feel like Bionicle is in a good spot to make some mad money off nostalgia.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Would be very surprised if Bionicle didn't make round 2. Space, castle and pirates all have fights between sub themes that'll dilute the vote
voted Adventurers, aquazone and Bionicle myself, would have done Trains but it's a living theme and it got a GWP last year for its anniversary already

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
I always enjoyed the Forestmen line. Opportunities to build various tree houses and so on.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Bionicle is the only one I actually voted for, but in the "sub theme" category I also said Islanders and Life on Mars.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
If you guys steal Ice Planet from me, so help me God.

drwDJYJ.jpg

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
goodness, there are so many i want to see again!
i don't know how to narrow it down. i think model team might be one

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Rock Raiders, Alpha Team, and Bionicle were the SHIT.

I had the awesome Alpha Team set where it came with the base and it used that for God knows how long to just build secret bases and stuff.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Aquazone!

And didn't they try to bring back Bionicle like 5-ish years ago and it bombed hard? I loved it when I was younger but that seems pretty recent to try again.

OP
OP
Lord Vatek

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Aquazone!

And didn't they try to bring back Bionicle like 5-ish years ago and it bombed hard? I loved it when I was younger but that seems pretty recent to try again.
They did but it was a reboot that tossed out all of the previously established characters and lore and was basically an in-name only thing.

Stabi

Oct 25, 2017
France / san francisco
I won't vote but I'd vote for some castl/knight fantasy stuff probably.
Or pirates for those sweet canons

Though adventurers is my favorite set ever

I never got into bionicles. That came out when I was too old. I already didn't like tecknik too much.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You and I are enemies now.
However you and I are friends
Adventurers, Bionicle, and Aquazone plz.
Same, that's my childhood
Aquazone!

Reboot that went overly specialized and kinda lost the charm of the series. Rock Raider got a reboot 6 years or so back too and we got a pair of Pirates sets last year(POBB and a creator 3 in 1)

Also one cool thing they could do for Bionicle is large scale builds of the original 6 masks like how the Star Wars line has helmets.

Deleted member 82064

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
I had no idea Bionicle was such a big thing. To me they don't even look like Legos.

I personally like Pirate/Imperial stuff. I'll skip the vote tho.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Space Police / M-Tron / Blacktron were my childhood, so anything from that range would be amazing.

Though, I think I'd end up voting for Model Team, some of those sets were absolute beasts and would be 100% on board with something new with all the newer pieces they have access too now.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I hate that Bionicle is there because it might actually win. I actually want them to go back to one of the classic Lego sets.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Exploriens ftw Though I would vote for UFO if it was there.

The spaceship sets have always been the best.

suaveric

Nov 9, 2017
Wow no love here for the castle sets? I loved those growing up. But they have it split between so many subthemes I don't have high hopes of any of them making it through.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I was raised on Classic Space, all I've seen of it from the past few years were a couple of Benny models from the Lego Movies and the Ideas Exo-Suit.

I have a feeling Pirates will win, even though that Ideas Barracuda Bay model just came out (which is very impressive).

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Bionicle doesn't win this i'll be amazed. Hell, it's the least they can do after ignoring the 20th anniversary. Feel like Bionicle is in a good spot to make some mad money off nostalgia.

That feeling when you are old enough to remember Bionicle as the shit lego young kids got for reasons never understood.

:(

knights is where it is at. The castle nobody could afford to get.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Cast my votes for Bionicle, Rock Raiders, and Classic Castle (my dad had the yellow castle, so it's special to me). There's an approximately zero percent chance Rock Raiders makes it to the second round, let alone be selected to represent the brand overall, but I miss its aesthetic so much.