• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Two things about this controversy. Delusion Brick is still not going to win over the Beetlejuice house, having two entrants would have made it more likely to have somebody sneak in a win. Second is how many people wanted to tar and feather Delusion and called him a bunch of nasty shit when he didn't drop out(some were demanding that he be disqualified entirely) when many contestants in the past entered multiple sets each year. Just so happens that Lego messed up, and some people couldn't accept that, so the pivoted to attacking Delusion, tribal style. I am so glad to be divorced of the contest nonsense
Oh a bunch of us were just angry at Lego not him. Rules said you can submit multiple and that's fine. Just only one should be accepted. If it's more that's on Lego not him(tho considering there were 7 other Goonie sets of comparable quality that got kinda weird in the original lineup.)

Just hoping round 2 is more diverse on themes(no more movies), and set styles(no more Giant location sets)

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
Oh a bunch of us were just angry at Lego not him. Rules said you can submit multiple and that's fine. Just only one should be accepted. If it's more that's on Lego not him(tho considering there were 7 other Goonie sets of comparable quality that got kinda weird in the original lineup.)

Just hoping round 2 is more diverse on themes(no more movies), and set styles(no more Giant location sets)
Nostalgia sells. It's the half measures that get me. Gimme Purple Rain Prince with motorcycle as a polybag, give me David Bowie from labyrinth making Lego girls(and boys) awaken something, give me a Falcor that can sit on a stand that has him bob like a wave, or take off and play with. Swamp of Sadness with a slow decent mechanism like the Indiana sets to recreate the fate of Artax. Sooner or later we're gonna get princess bride with an amazing Andre figure, and maybe some ROUS. Go nuts on Amadeus to expand historical pompous hairpieces, use the new sound brick in a brick built piano, use copyright free music, and toss in a random boisterous fart. Own it! Just say we're gonna take all your money so you can relieve your youth in multiple ways.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
That's what it is! It's like Mighty Max set, or some regular scale action figure playset. Toss some of the old-school He Man figures in a set that matches scale and you have a dream playset in the 80's

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bought my first Lego set of 2024. The Walker AT-TE with 50€ discount plus free shipping sounded like a good deal. Guess I know what I'm going to do Saturday.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Got 35€ worth of points.
That will lessen the blow of the UCS TI a little bit I guess...

Last edited:

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got in. Bought the Ghost & Phantom II plus the new battle pack to meet the 160€ threshold for the GWP. I see a few sandwiches in my future.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered two boxes of space minifigs with some gifts cards I got for my birthday. No interest in the SW stuff this year, which is good I guess.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
What a joke. It 6:30 am of the first day of the VIP timeframe and Lego is still / already shitting the bed (again).
Queue to get to the site and then when I want to add the TI to my cart I keep getting errors.
When I put it in my wishlist and try to add it from there it says "not all items from your list are available".
Are they virtually holding back stock or are they sold out already?

ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Dec 6, 2017
Well that was a ride...

Stayed in that queue for about 45 mins past midnight then gave up. Got up this morning and finally managed to start adding items to my basket. Only problem is I had to keep refreshing and ended up with (3x) UCS TIE Interceptors + (3x) Space 3-1 Explorer sets + (1x) Space Rover Set (Space sets are birthday gifts for my 5 year old nephew this month).

Had to refresh my basket multiple times to get the correct item count (1 of each), and then I select Paypal pay later to get the pay in 3...

At this point I get through to Paypal and setup the pay in 3. Success I thought!..

Nope. Get back to the LEGO page and instead of the order getting processed I get signed out...

I then spent about 10 minutes refreshing the site loading back in and eventually after LEGO adding 3 more of the UCS TIE Interceptor and 3 more of the Space 3-1 Explorer set I get back to my basket and had to re-do the item amounts and initiate Paypal pay in 3 again...

Gets through that and now the LEGO store updates and the order gets processed. But now I have 2 pending payements for Paypal on my debit card...

I'm going to head out for a run before I head to work... *sigh*

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Milano is nice but Benetar is nicerer I think I can live without it..

Speed champions seems like totally the wrong colour - enough to put me off? I need to be a little picky on the SCs…

Lunar rover - isn't the communication dish supposed to have a mesh dish? Cover looks great with the dark background, looks a little bad with a white background. Fuck it folds… but I have no space. Will try and resist

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was a ride...

Stayed in that queue for about 45 mins past midnight then gave up. Got up this morning and finally managed to start adding items to my basket. Only problem is I had to keep refreshing and ended up with (3x) UCS TIE Interceptors + (3x) Space 3-1 Explorer sets + (1x) Space Rover Set (Space sets are birthday gifts for my 5 year old nephew this month).

Had to refresh my basket multiple times to get the correct item count (1 of each), and then I select Paypal pay later to get the pay in 3...

At this point I get through to Paypal and setup the pay in 3. Success I thought!..

Nope. Get back to the LEGO page and instead of the order getting processed I get signed out...

I then spent about 10 minutes refreshing the site loading back in and eventually after LEGO adding 3 more of the UCS TIE Interceptor and 3 more of the Space 3-1 Explorer set I get back to my basket and had to re-do the item amounts and initiate Paypal pay in 3 again...

Gets through that and now the LEGO store updates and the order gets processed. But now I have 2 pending payements for Paypal on my debit card...

I'm going to head out for a run before I head to work... *sigh*
Went through exactly the same crap except the double payment.
Had to refresh my cart multiple times, delete the duplicates, constantly sign back in, refresh between entering codes that threw error messages but then still worked, made it to paypal and when it sent me back to Lego it failed, used the normal checkout and then it finally worked...

ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Dec 6, 2017
Went through exactly the same crap except the double payment.
Had to refresh my cart multiple times, delete the duplicates, constantly sign back in, refresh between entering codes that threw error messages but then still worked, made it to paypal and when it sent me back to Lego it failed, used the normal checkout and then it finally worked...
Just so much crap. You have to wonder how many bots are hitting the website for scalpers...

There has to be a better way than this.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Just so much crap. You have to wonder how many bots are hitting the website for scalpers...

There has to be a better way than this.
That's what the queues is for.
It seems like they're still letting through more sessions than their store can handle and it's not obly frustrating, but also creates more work for customer services when things go wrong with double payments or codes not working etc.
I get that this is one of the biggest launch times of the entire year for them, but there must be a better way...
When I got in I only had to wait 2-3 minutes.
I'll gladly wait another 5 minutes if the experience afterwards is improved.

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Got my Interceptor and all the free gifts - going to be a fun weekend 😁

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Was up at Midnight last night and managed to get my order in:
NeknF72.png

and I log in today at lunch and it's already shipped!

Gw7IVxy.png

Also.. I built the UCS Star Destroyer this past weekend... thing is a beast!

View: https://twitter.com/FireDragon04/status/1785629559921971510

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
You might have split your items across two orders and doubled your promos.

Website was a dumpster fire last night, but I managed to order the Ghost and Tantive hallway. Nabbed the X-Wing UCS this morning after breakfast.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me I never posted about finishing the Monarch ISD... I think?

Despite some construction errors, it was a pleasant build, and it was pretty much always a delight to look at every step of the way, no weird hidden colors lol

20240101_015921.jpg

Also carried the ol 10030 upstairs for a comparison shot

20240119_182636.jpg

modified the large turrets a little so they can be rotated - clearly one of the week spots of the moc
the tower structure is easily the most adventurous part of the model. At first I ended up with massive gaps and was frustrated, but it turns you gotta wiggle it and let it sag, which magically closes them up pretty neatly

20240119_151414.jpg

The gaps in the snout are too large sadly, so I used small rubber bands to bring it together

ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Dec 6, 2017
Reminds me I never posted about finishing the Monarch ISD... I think?

Despite some construction errors, it was a pleasant build, and it was pretty much always a delight to look at every step of the way, no weird hidden colors lol

20240101_015921.jpg

Also carried the ol 10030 upstairs for a comparison shot

20240119_182636.jpg

modified the large turrets a little so they can be rotated - clearly one of the week spots of the moc
the tower structure is easily the most adventurous part of the model. At first I ended up with massive gaps and was frustrated, but it turns you gotta wiggle it and let it sag, which magically closes them up pretty neatly

20240119_151414.jpg

The gaps in the snout are too large sadly, so I used small rubber bands to bring it together
Looks fantastic! I just wish I had room for a set like that.

Need to start buying lotto tickets again :P

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
If it does arrive going to try and build the Interceptor and the Polaroid Camera (finally) this weekend.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
1) ouch at the stickers.
2) ouch again at the colour of the stickers (at least for white bricks they coudl use trans stickers?)
3) I might actually leave some of the stickers on the boosters off, very visually noisy even if accurate
4) if I take it slow should be fine - I expect it to be repetitive. Can't be that much worse than eiffel tower (not built) or tower bridge (built)

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot about the UK bank holiday - looking like the 7th will be Interceptor day.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Forgot about the UK bank holiday - looking like the 7th will be Interceptor day.
Mine's still sitting in the warehouse. It's definitely not coming this week.
I sometimes wonder why the even do the early access at all since you can become a VIP member simply by creating an account? Not a big hurdle and they usually don't ship it before general release either in my case...

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
2) ouch again at the colour of the stickers (at least for white bricks they coudl use trans stickers?)
Reminds me of the "Discovery" sticker you have to put next to the cockpit windows on the Space Shuttle set... The set is probably my favorite set ever, it's amazing but the fucking sticker is not the same white as the brick under it and it's killing me every time I look at it. So dumb... Do they ever actually do transparent stickers? I have never seen one myself but I haven't built that many sets myself.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
Reminds me of the "Discovery" sticker you have to put next to the cockpit windows on the Space Shuttle set... The set is probably my favorite set ever, it's amazing but the fucking sticker is not the same white as the brick under it and it's killing me every time I look at it. So dumb... Do they ever actually do transparent stickers? I have never seen one myself but I haven't built that many sets myself.
I know I'm super broken record, but water slide decals or at least clear back sticker papers are available. The slide decals can get to the point where you can't tell it's not printed, just like people do on those gunpla models.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I've had a couple sets with transparent stickers. I actually hate them, I find them harder to work with and they leave visible imperfections where I handled them.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Invisible Hand done! That was a very fun build, and includes some nice easter eggs. It looks great overall.

IMG_20240502_174452858_HDR2.jpg

Would be awesome to have the Ghost as part of this mini scale line too.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Hold the phone!

Just got an alert that my delivery should arrive at work today. Looks like Interceptor is back on the menu!

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
The Flux Conpensat9r of the BttF DeLorean was a transparent sticker and I hate it. I had to reposition it and it ruined the sticker completely...
Hold the phone!

Just got an alert that my delivery should arrive at work today. Looks like Interceptor is back on the menu!
Nice! Mine was sent out early this morning and by sent out I mean Lego printed out a sticker and will sit on the package until Monday to actually hand it over to DPD...

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I wasn't going to get anything from the May the 4th deals, but I gave in when I thought about it and got the midi Millennium Falcon for $30 off Canadian.

I had been thinking about the playscale TIE interceptor Mandalorian bundle, but I just can't justify even the sale price. It doesn't look worth it to me. I wanted it to go with my tie fighter and tie bomber.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the new Star Wars sets the ones that interest me the most are Luke's X-Wing mech (a YouTube review says it looks more like a Gundam than a Star Wars mech) and maybe the Mandalore Battle Pack. Too bad they're not out in time for May 4, but I can wait.

Yay for cheap thrills lol

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
How easy/would it be possible to trade the minifig pink baby space person with a alien tourist on the internet or should I just go to bricklink? I had a good 6 fig your pull so I am not too upset.