• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
It would be spectacular if the newspaper piece said "Ms. Chanandler Bong".

Sadly it is the standard lego newspaper:

21319_Front_02_06.jpg

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at Ross' face there!

Amazing that they can capture a persons likeness so eerily well on a tiny minifig with a few lines.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Joey's lipstick ad is on the outside wall. I assume if this wasn't a Lego set it would be his VD poster instead.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
$60 for a licensed Lego set is pretty amazing

I'm not a huge Friends fan anymore, but I'd buy a Seinfeld one.

Madds

Feb 2, 2018

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
This set for old people is only $60 but the Stranger Things set that would actually appeal to kids/teens is $200? That is fucked. The price per brick in this Friends set is crazy low too. Seems messed up not to extend that better pricing to the sets that appeal to children.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
This set for old people is only $60 but the Stranger Things set that would actually appeal to kids/teens is $200? That is fucked. The price per brick in this Friends set is crazy low too. Seems messed up not to extend that better pricing to the sets that appeal to children.

Stranger Things (the series) is 16+ so it is not for kids anyway.

Another thing you have to consider is the costs of licensing. Stranger Things is an active and hot IP. Surely it costs more to license it than from a series out of air for more than 15 years (even if it is still popular),

The last thing you need to consider is the cost of pieces, minifigures and printing of the set. Friends looks good but uses very few expansive pieces, and the minifigures have less printing than the ones from Stranger Things. Stranger Things sets even introduces new pieces like the cap, something that Friends set doesn't.

Sinistar

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any luck pulling one of these tonight? I tried at 9 PM PST sharp and the page just changed to "Page not found". Did it really sell out that quickly?

OP
OP
A Ream of Paper
Apr 8, 2018
Anyone have any luck pulling one of these tonight? I tried at 9 PM PST sharp and the page just changed to "Page not found". Did it really sell out that quickly?
Trying to order one as well and the same thing happened to me. The whole listing actually seems to be down now. I'm guessing Lego is making preparations for it to go live? Definitely hasn't sold out though.

OP
OP
A Ream of Paper
Apr 8, 2018
Trying to pay now and it keeps giving me errors...
Yeah I almost got an order in but it said transaction failed. Trying to reorder but I was trying to use a $20 VIP discount code and now it says it's either higher than my order total or invalid/expired. Ugh. Guess I'll have to wait till the morning and contact customer service.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I completed my order and see that my card was charged, but I don't have the order confirmation email, nor does it show up in their orders page.

I'll wait a bit to see if this works itself out before contacting them, but I'm a bit worried since it's already backordered.

OP
OP
A Ream of Paper
Apr 8, 2018
I completed my order and see that my card was charged, but I don't have the order confirmation email, nor does it show up in their orders page.

I'll wait a bit to see if this works itself out before contacting them, but I'm a bit worried since it's already backordered.
It can sometimes take up to an hour to receive a confirmation email from LegoShop. Crazy imo.

Although I received a confirmation email, my order isn't showing up in my orders page either. It does seem to be pretty glitchy atm though. Might contact customer service later just to be sure it went through.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So i ordered this last night without knowing about the freebie that they started giving out today. Does anyone know if its worth contacting them to see of i can somehow get it included or am i just out of luck?

OP
OP
A Ream of Paper
Apr 8, 2018
Checked the product page now and they're not even accepting backorders anymore, just says it's temporarily out of stock. This must be selling extremely well. I wonder if they're considering doing a set based off Monica's apartment in the future?

Really curious to see how well The Office set does if it gets approved in the next LEGO Ideas review. If this set's popularity is anything to go by, it's probably going to sell a metric fuckton.