Oct 27, 2017
The right answer is every single boss fight in God Of War 3.

Also, the ending of God of War PS4. Warning, spoilers.

DeliciousFluidBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

I had no god damn idea about this - was this post end credits? I wanted this so bad in the main game!

My weird contribution to this thread is the sequence right after defeating the final boss in Lego City Undercover, where you plummet back to Earth from a moon base. It's crazy cool for a damn Lego game.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
latest

This fight in the beginning of Witcher 3 was for some reason super hype for me. Getting introducet to the mechanics, tracking the thing on your own, and then killing it was so cool back then.

2013-11-05_00001.jpg

These elevators in Dark Souls.

rdr6-0c0e3.png

This fistfight in the beginning of RDR2. The way the mud transformed was so impressive. Red Dead Redemption 2 was just jaw-dropping all the way through though. That initial ride in the snow and the shootout after, wow.

Oct 25, 2017
Left 4 Dead 2, the last 2 chapters of Hard Rain. Fighting your way back through town during a raging hurricane was incredible to me at the time.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I am really curious what they'll do on PS5, The ninja storm games already looked amazing on PS3 and the PS4 only added a little bit.

It might be a while before we find out with Demon Slayer coming out in 2021. Not sure if all the extra processing power will be of any use to their cel-shaded art style though.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
  • The mural at the end of God of War
  • That moment in Wind Wacker that goes black and white (sepia?) and the enemies are frozen
  • The first time I was attached by a Yiga in BOTW

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Portal 2 ending. Really did not expect all that to happen and also everything leading up to it

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The big set-pieces of of God of war.... and all of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. These two games were not just rides. They were theme parks.

Ckoerner

Aug 7, 2019
GTA III when you drive down the bridge after the opening and realize you have an entire city to explore.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned, from Phantasy Star IV:

The death of Alys Brangwn

I'm new to Phantasy Star (outside of online) and have been playing through the original series in order. Part IV, as is (relatively) known, is a fucking banger in almost all respects. It's a tragedy that Phantasy Star IV isn't often named with the likes of Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger or Xenoblade Chronicles, but its sleeper status made this one hit even harder, as
I thought Alys was the protagonist of the game. Her just up and dying a significant amount of hours in and the player being placed in much less capable -- much more normal -- shoes hit hard.

It's a testament to those little pixels, really. I was floored. This game, man.

8e5770717b14edaf88370d45d74832f9.jpg

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
The moment Atreus did this in God of War:

SilentCluelessHorsechestnutleafminer-size_restricted.gif

I was cheering so hard.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
VR does this a lot for me. Most recently was Half-Life: Alyx. The striders in that game were something else.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So many moments in FFVII:R, one of the best being
the third phase of the Jenova battle with the classic version of her theme kicking in

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
We talking Lich King, my god what an expansion
Oh you know it. IMO, WoW - and really, any MMO - in absolute top form. Beyond amazing. I've not had a lot of time for MMOs, and some of the stories I read from the likes of EVE, or FFXIV, or GW1, or FFXI, make me feel like I'm missing out, but then I remember I had the one truly in-the-MMO-zeitgeist experience with Wrath and world first attempts at raiding and it's like...dang, those are some good memories. And it all started with that trip up the Fjord. You knew, going up in that boat, with that music, that it was going to be something else.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Descending to the depths then stepping out into the abyss in SOMA. Paused not just in amazement but to also take a breath before entering the crushing darkness

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Oh you know it. IMO, WoW - and really, any MMO - in absolute top form. Beyond amazing. I've not had a lot of time for MMOs, and some of the stories I read from the likes of EVE, or FFXIV, or GW1, or FFXI, make me feel like I'm missing out, but then I remember I had the one truly in-the-MMO-zeitgeist experience with Wrath and world first attempts at raiding and it's like...dang, those are some good memories. And it all started with that trip up the Fjord. You knew, going up in that boat, with that music, that it was going to be something else.

you remember that launch night just sitting by the boat with everyone waiting to embark. Damn I played that game so much but looking back I honestly don't regret it. The times I had with my online buds will always be remembered

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
Any and every set piece in Control. The visuals, the audio, that weird muffled effect on The Board's voice.

Getting to Fountainhead in Sekiro for the first time. Finding the Skyward Sword springs in Breath of the Wild's overworld.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017

Not the best video, but when the Forward Unto Dawn lands during The Ark level of Halo 3.

As a youngster watching all the debris and carnage you just caused fly away was amazing. THEN they give you TANKS.

"Tank beats Ghost"

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As expected: God Of war: The Thread. :p

Yep, and it's funny, because especially here on Era many have been complaining that the game allegedly lacks the huge and epic moments of the earlier games. Huh? With that hype Stranger fight, with the World Serpent changing the entire game world in real time several times, you wrestling with another god on top of a dragon that flies through all of Midgard and straight into Helheim and that end boss that is just as monumental as the bosses in earlier games? Seriously?

Last edited:

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I remember thinking there was a really good door in Bioshock Infinite as you climbed up some clouds. It was a good door.

Feb 23, 2019
While this won't have the spectacle and flash of some other answers in this thread....it is nonetheless just as, if not more impactful given what you do in the game...That last delivery in Death Stranding was really something else.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I had no god damn idea about this - was this post end credits? I wanted this so bad in the main game!

It was in the main game. You had to...

...return to your home and sleep there. To be honest, the game actually advised you to go back home after Jötunheim. You must've completely missed that.

nath999

May 7, 2018

My weird contribution to this thread is the sequence right after defeating the final boss in Lego City Undercover, where you plummet back to Earth from a moon base. It's crazy cool for a damn Lego game.

You need to return home to get this final sequence.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, and it's funny, because especially here on Era many have been complaining that the game allegedly lacks the huge and epic moments of the earlier games. Huh? With that hype Stranger fight, with the World Serpent changing the entire game world in real time several times, you wrestling with another god on top of a dragon that flies through all of Midgard and straight into Helheim and that end boss that is just as monumental as the bosses in earlier games? Seriously?

Thinking about the possibilities in enxt GOW2 with amazing graphics and Dragon ball liek destruction worth of gods gives me shivers, especially an upcoming iconic fight.

I hope, like I said previously, the whole game is about escaping him and slacking off will make him catch you up and fight him and requiring to survive and flee that fight each time you wade, so you need to be careful until more story driven iconic fights. think of him as Mr X and Nemesis but much advanced version and more complex in gameplay design and with the amazing pwoer of the PS5 and the SSD this could be possible.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Bioshock Infinite has multiple of these moments for me

especially towards the end when
You get teleported to rapture. I stayed there awhile and took it all in. Fond memories of the first game.
Made me stop and say holy shit.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Spoilers:
Everything involving the architect and realizing its directly connected to Xenoblade Chronicles AND Shulk and crew are fighting the other half of the architect/ zanza at the same time as Rex and crew are talking to him.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Among the many moments that were already posted I always come back the ending of Soma
header.jpg

"You lost the coin toss. We both did."
I feel like breaking down just thinking about it. so fucking well done

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Honeybee Inn in FFVII.

As an LGBT+ gamer, I thought Square absolutely nailed it. It might not have accommodated everyone, but what they did,it felt amazing for such a AAA sequence as a form of representation.

I was so happy all the way through.