• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
So where's the nuance.

Is this about LA playing in China?. Lebron would not be wrong in saying there could had been consequences (even physical) for the players on the ground in China for something an NBA affiliate says on twitter.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Hey you, whatcha gonna do?

Party people in the house lets go
It's your boy "Jay Ski" a'ight so
Pass that thing and watch me flex
Behind my back, you know what's next
To the jam, all in your face
Wassup, just feel the bass
Drop it, rock it, down the room
Shake it, quake it, space KABOOM...Jus
Work that body, work that body
Make sure you don't hurt no body

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Ok guys maybe we slow down on killing LeBron for this? He's an amazing man putting his money and time out there to help people, and always supports his people and community.

He's wrong here, but maybe he deserves a little slack and someone showing him what he's fucking up on?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
It takes less than 10 seconds to Google China and it's Muslim concentration camps. Does LeBron not have internet, or is he being wilfully ignorant?

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is to believed, I believe he is saying Morey didn't know what the tweet would do in terms of potential "damage" to the NBA, not about the situation in China

I love that that LeBitch is saying that Morey's tweet is damaging to the NBA, because I would have thought that standing up for civil rights of an entire people would be a good move, but hey 2019. Get fucked, amiright?

Fucking clown.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He does so much good off the court.. wtf is this? Just another reason for me to hope the Lakers continue being a trash fire this season

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Man is about his money. Never expected anything from him on this and unfortunately I'm right.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's shit like this why this country doesn't take any protest seriously. "We'll support the right causes,... as long as it doesnt affect our wallets.".

Oct 27, 2017
3ad039f9eece51a4f3383f404d7c9e4a.gif

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
I love that that LeBitch is saying that Morey's tweet is damaging to the NBA, because I would have thought that standing up for civil rights of an entire people would be a good move, but hey 2019. Get fucked, amiright?

Fucking clown.
Honestly, its hard to take you seriously if thats how to you start

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Fucking clown.

you seem to really dislike LeBron before any of this happened. So I'm not going to take anything you're saying with any validity.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So where's the nuance.

Is this about LA playing in China?. Lebron would not be wrong in saying there could had been consequences (even physical) for the players on the ground in China for something an NBA affiliate says on twitter.

I think thats what Lebron is saying, not that Morey was misinformed on the situation in Hong Kong.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, its hard to take you seriously if thats how to you start
you seem to really dislike LeBron before any of this happened. So I'm not going to take anything you're saying with any validity.

I mean, if you're going to say that supporting Hong Kong is damaging to the NBA and continue to clown around with China, you deserve literally zero respect to the point that I'm going to mock your name.

But w/e.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
He was basically saying that Morey obviously had no idea how much shit his comments would stir up. And he is right. I'm sure Morey had no idea just how much hell they would raise.

But salty Lebron haters will use this as a blind anyway as we have already seen.
And that's on China mastering the art of being both shameless and ridiculously thin-skinned at the same time.
They're the one escalating so why blame Morey? If anything I'll take it as a net positive that it unexpectedly raised so much stink as it does now.

If it's his "livelihood" he's concerned about well...
And here I thought their silence was disappointing...
Apparently not disappointing enough.

Oh well. So I guess as long as the he doesn't care about that particular issue he has no problem throwing "Shut up and dribble/stay in your lane etc" bullshit to other people. Don't make him lose money on trivial shit, hear that Morey?
Fair enough.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how OP calls it backtracking when it's the exact same words in the exact same statement.

That ain't what it sounds like in the video. "I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke"
Dude outright said he was talking about the ramifications before that line.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Title should probably be updated before too many people only react to the thread title without reading the OP.