• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Then they shouldn't adapt it, shows based on books tend to suck when they make up their own endings. I hope they make part 7, which I still doubt they will, but we'll see I guess :D
..dude, Part 8 will likely be finished before they ever get close to adapting it. I honestly don't think we will get Part 7 till 2022 at the earliest

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
That's a complete mistranslation. He conducted experiments while he was a child..not on himself
I'VE TAKEN BOTH MISTA AND THE TURTLE HOSTAGE WITH MY RIGHT HAND

all the while he points toward the screen with his right hand, and at the same time I hear "hidari"

Fake edit:
D7ccIBnUYAAKD9t.jpg

Mista Bullet: BUT A STAND CAN ONLY HAVE ONE ABILITY

ME: hahahaha HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA
Tfw Stands themselves can't handle Stand bullcrap

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Me too, there's really not much more Araki can do., wasn't part 6 originally suppose to be the last part?, that's why he made part 6 stands so ridiculous.
He can do a lot, still, but i feel like keep going for 12 more years is a lot at his age for how ellaborate he draws stuff lol

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
It more closely resembles the current anime part than the old buff dude style. So close enough.

Btw what's cx?
As the series goes on past Part 4 the changes in Araki's art style happen a bit more subtly in-between, but they're there. Like, say, the nose lines we've seen on these characters since Part 3 which developed into the more diamond-shaped noses as of Part 4 are subject to change more yet more

Uhh, just an emoticon face. Sorry about that

Edit: just my roundabout way of explaining that it won't be quite the same look as JoJonium and as such there's nothing to worry about there :b

It's really no wonder that I love this and HxH so much...lol

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Man... animating Mista must be a pain in the ass... his crop top + hat patterns add so much work to the animation pipeline, and he's in like, a lot of fights D:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone's got such elaborated patterns in their clothes aside from giorno, but he's got that collar/chest window too... it's an animator's nightmare, at least they simplified the painting on some designs

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
When did Cioccolata's arm return to him? It was attached back to his body when Giorno launched him. I thought it was with Mista.

Do you have an idea of how far he is into the story for JoJolion?
Giorno gave life to the air around him to make a new arm for Cioccolata just so he could beat the shit out of it too

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Would be nice if this would convince Araki to do a side story for Part 5, but we all know that's not happening or at least give Part 5 more material in the games.
Just a less Jotaro-centered crossover game is fine by me, if Giorno manages to snatch a couple popularity points within the fandom the anime has done it's job, god knows he needs it =P

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Fan polls are useless.
Still want my boy on top of them though.
Or at least above Johnny.

----
I saw a post on reddit pointing out that they used GE's healing/life punch sound effects during that 7 page muda beatdown...and they do seem to play there lol so uh... at least anime giorno remembered that skill.

Even worse, first sequence seems to be normal punches, then life punches, then normal punches, then life punches(not sure though) then normal punches all the way starting from the WRYYYYYY

I used these for reference

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

Yeesh, this slightly different format threw me off for a sec

it's wild watching part 1 now that I actually recongize all (I think?) of the characters that are in that lightning-fast flip-through of comic panels.

As a person who knows literally nothing about where the series is at past where the anime is, I really hope there's at least a part 9.

It's nothing more than a selfish hope that he still finds this series to be a good outlet for his creativity, and isn't afraid to just totally flip the script and make it something completely different from what's come before if that's what he needs. This is such a fascinating look at how araki sees the world and other media and just the absurdity of life in general, and I love being taken on such a wild journey. I really should look into other things he's worked on, of course, but I'm working through so much jojo right now.

Again, he's welcome to stop whenever he wants and i'm sure i'll be satisfied, as I would have been if pretty much any part i've seen so far had been the ending of the series. I just love the ride.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Fan polls are useless.
Still want my boy on top of them though.
Or at least above Johnny.

----
I saw a post on reddit pointing out that they used GE's healing/life punch sound effects during that 7 page muda beatdown...and they do seem to play there lol so uh... at least anime giorno remembered that skill.

Even worse, first sequence seems to be normal punches, then life punches, then normal punches, then life punches(not sure though) then normal punches all the way starting from the WRYYYYYY

I used these for reference

Well, that's definitely a cool detail to add in the anime! That definitely makes this more brutal, and it might make sense that chocolate man didn't pass out since he took those drugs to numb himself earlier. no way he didn't feel all of that shit, no matter how strong his meds were

Fuck, I think I just read a spoiler on one of the youtube comments for a video on that sound design channel.

Gold Experience Requiem. I think i figured out what the arrow can do based on context clues now :/

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Be kind to CR translator they most likely have less than 20 hour to work.. and sometime they update their sub later on.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
it's wild watching part 1 now that I actually recongize all (I think?) of the characters that are in that lightning-fast flip-through of comic panels.

As a person who knows literally nothing about where the series is at past where the anime is, I really hope there's at least a part 9.

It's nothing more than a selfish hope that he still finds this series to be a good outlet for his creativity, and isn't afraid to just totally flip the script and make it something completely different from what's come before if that's what he needs. This is such a fascinating look at how araki sees the world and other media and just the absurdity of life in general, and I love being taken on such a wild journey. I really should look into other things he's worked on, of course, but I'm working through so much jojo right now.

Again, he's welcome to stop whenever he wants and i'm sure i'll be satisfied, as I would have been if pretty much any part i've seen so far had been the ending of the series. I just love the ride.
I'd love more sagas but he can totally end the story in the current one and it wouldn't be bad at all, i hope it goes out with a banger and not have to worry about seeing it unfinished, don't worry

Also don't look at youtube comments! >:(
For whatever sppiler you take though, just remember the important part is how we get there, and not what happens

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Well, DP did the 7-page muda muda and WRYYY beatdown justice. I'll be coming back to that clip from time-to-time just like the Steely Dan and Yoshikage Kira's initial ass-kickings.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the part is almost over. Which is the stand that people think makes less sense? King Crimson or Gold Experience?

King Crimson seems to be absurdly powerful, but has a defined set of rules.

Giorno just in this latest episode kicked branch as it was turning back into a bullet while also using his stand power through his feet(?) to make it turn into a beetle larvae after the bullet-turned-branch-turned-bullet lodged itself in Cioccolato's brain.