• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More

• <1 million by end of fiscal year (Team Bomba)

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • >1 million by end of fiscal year (Team Not-Bomba)

Votes: 572 65.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
It really all comes down to reviews.

Given how well Nier: Automata sold, and how promising the game looks to be, however, it won't bomb.

Sign me up.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
How would we know if it sold more than 900k but didnt hit 1M? Nintendo wouldnt report on that...

But yes, I am in. I think it's gonna hit 900k until march next year.

We never got Bayo 2 numbers on Switch outside of the first 9 weeks but it comfortably outsold the Wii U version despite being a port in the time frame.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm voting Bomba so I have an excuse to use that sweet avatar. In fact, I might change mine early.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be getting a decent push from Nintendo and with Vouchers being a thing, I can see it going >900K.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's got that Switch appeal, it's selling gangbusters.

B E L I E V E

OP
OP
Regiruler

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
How would we know if it sold more than 900k but didnt hit 1M? Nintendo wouldnt report on that...

But yes, I am in. I think it's gonna hit 900k until march next year.

We never got Bayo 2 numbers on Switch outside of the first 9 weeks but it comfortably outsold the Wii U version despite being a port in the time frame.
Think of 900k as 1 mil with the flexibility that if nintendo does report it, or we see its numbers in some report, it counts.

EDIT: also, the fiscal results generally deep dive into numbers: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...tta_2_has_outsold_its_sister_version_on_wii_u (despite 400,000 not being much of a milestone, that said the milestone could have been outperformance)

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
No idea, frankly. Astral Chain is a huge unknown to me. I have absolutely no idea either whether it'll turn out to be a 9/10 or a 7/10 and I think this will be a big deciding factor for its sales.

Flop.
It's directed by the lead designer on Nier and is a full-budget game made by Platinum. At least every historical indicator is screaming that it'll be at the very least a GOTY candidate.

Unfortunately though there are many instances for them where that hasn't been enough.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
if old port can sell 200-300k, imagine a new IP exclusive for Nintendo Switch, of course it will sell over 1 million. I might not expect 2 millions tho

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
End of April 2020,is kind of bullshit. It should be up to the end if the year or Q3. Of course it will be 900k+ shipped at April 2020

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't won one of these yet........I am going for #teamnotbomba

make of that what you will.

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum fans just remember if Daemon X Machina fails it's your fault alone!
Clearly it's the more deserving of sales out of the two.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
If the game that look as cool as this Bomb. we all deserve to be Blocked by Kamiya.
-9E80A.gif

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Like I said, Nintendo needs to come out and say "if Astral Chain hits 2 million, we'll remake PM64 and TTYD on UE4 for switch". I'm telling you, people will buy Astral Chain.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
what? lmfao the switch is putting fucking numbers
when dog shit mario party sells 6 million copies and mario tennis a game for nerds who don't play sports sells 3 million copies, astral chain got this in the fucking bag

Oct 25, 2017
It's directed by the lead designer on Nier and is a full-budget game made by Platinum. At least every historical indicator is screaming that it'll be at the very least a GOTY candidate.

Unfortunately though there are many instances for them where that hasn't been enough.

Nier was a poorly designed game with decent combat and a story that propped it up heavily.

I would not take the lead designer on Nier being on this as an indication that it's a GOTY candidate. I'm sure the game will be good, and feature an iteration of the Platinum combat that they've been putting in most of their games.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will hit 1 million, but I'm not sure I want to risk my precious crocodiles on it.

Fuck it, team not a bomba.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
It will mostly depend on reviews, but the games gotten enough love in Nintendo Directs to where I think it will do decent either way.