Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So by simply continuing to protest-we can create real change. Just a matter of time.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I doubt protestors are getting paid or have the happiest of feelings having to march or stand for hours on end.

so I don't care.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
They where out there fucking with people for no reason but for the OT, think about that for a good minute.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah nah I'm not going to shed any tears about some dudes who are bad at their jobs not getting $40 million in overtime pay.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine what kind of human being you'd have to be where not being able to harass, assault, and murder with nigh-impunity leaves you "demoralized."

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
It's actually amazing to me that police don't just get paid salary.
Things went absolutely down the shitter when they started incentivizing them via capitalism sometime in the 80's: More arrests/tickets/etc = more money for them. Like a goddamned commissioned salesmen. They are basically financially encouraged to harass the public. And so they do it most to those who are less able to push back politically and financially: poor and brown peopls.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aww, are they feeling a little sad? They wont get paid their money for beating up, maim, and killing. Boohoo

Fucking pigs

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I'd take pleasure in this but this'll just lead to them beating more people to death cuz they're unhappy.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
The shit went absolutely down the shitter when they started incentivizing them via capitalism sometime in the 80's: More arrests/tickets/etc = more money for them. Like a goddamned commissioned salesmen. They are basically financially encouraged to harass the public. And so they do it most to those who are less able to push back politically and financially: poor and brown peopls.

I remember reading a story about a local cop years ago who was accused of writing tons of bullshit tickets because they would be contested and appearing in court for them earned him overtime. He was directly benefiting from doing his job poorly, assuming his job is to serve and protect, which...

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I remember reading a story about a local cop years ago who was accused of writing tons of bullshit tickets because they would be contested and appearing in court for them earned him overtime. He was directly benefiting from doing his job poorly, assuming his job is to serve and protect, which...
Yep. They don't care about public service. It's the greatest job out there for uneducated assholes of this society.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
40 fucking million in overtime for the LAPD in a fucking few weeks. I am a public defender in this county. We get 0 dollars in overtime. We received notice today we are facing layoffs due to budget cuts. Us, the ones who defend the poor people the LAPD harasses and uphold their rights. Meanwhile these fuckers got 40 mill just in overtime just this month.. 1/10th that for a whole year would fund about 47 lawyers and save our jobs.

that's the criminal justice system for you.

Much respect to you.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they're broke by June on a 3 billion dollar operating budget (from figures in one of the protest threads)? How?
No, only their overtime budget is done for the fiscal year. They had everybody on deck for the protests, not that surprising that it vanished pretty quickly when every one of them was on mandatory overtime so they could terrorize protestors.
So what, they are just being paid regular rates instead of OT rates?
Regular rates or time and a half for the protests since this is retroactive to the 7th and all non-essential overtime has been canned for the rest of the year. Essential overtime will be paid via uncapped vacation hours.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Awww the morale of the poor murder squad is at rock bottom. I'm so sad for them.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they shouldn't have spent all their money on fucking grenade launchers and body armor

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
No, only their overtime budget is done for the fiscal year. They had everybody on deck for the protests, not that surprising that it vanished pretty quickly when every one of them was on mandatory overtime so they could terrorize protestors.

Regular rates or time and a half for the protests since this is retroactive to the 7th and all non-essential overtime has been canned for the rest of the year. Essential overtime will be paid via uncapped vacation hours.
Oh it's just the OT? Not as good, but still.. good.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Morale at an all-time low, huh? I wonder how many cops are having a real, honest "Are we the baddies?" revelation right now.

Probably a depressingly small number.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
You know if they worked harder they wouldn't be in this position. Just gotta pull themselves up by their bootstraps! Poor little bitches.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Sounds like they're going to get comp time with the eventual option of being paid?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Am...am I supposed to be feeling bad here? Because I don't.

Fuck you thugs with badges. Boo hoo, you aren't getting paid overtime to brutalize and abuse people protesting your abuse and brutalization and murder of black people. Hand me that tiny violin case over there, I got the perfect song to play for you.