• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Finished the basegame!
  • OP
    OP
    Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    California
    Hoo boy, the difficulty spike at the very end was something fierce... I managed the first phase of the final boss well enough, but the second phase was a pain. I needed to rework my setup for more mages.

I have to say, I was shocked with how good the story ended up being. I know it's not completely finished yet, but I was blindsided with how good it got in the second half of the game. Refrain's story was good, but Galleria's is unironically fantastic. Well worth the price of admission alone!

How much more difficult is the postgame, any build strats folks would recommend?

Last edited:
    Finished the postgame/got the true ending!
  • OP
    OP
    Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    California
    ...after 126 hours logged, the true ending (and the plat trophy) are mine!

What a journey. You definitely don't really get closure until the post-game this time around, for better or worse. Also... a bit of an inspired take to make the gear inflation happen once you reach Grand Cathedral. At that point it's less about how many times you've soul transferred your units, and more about what skills you've transferred onto them, pacts, and equipment.

I can definitely say that the final dungeon will be... contentious, to put it mildly. I think it was a really neat idea, and it fits thematically, but I wouldn't blame anyone for getting frustrated with it. It's so long, and how much of it you'll *actually* have to do is so dependent on luck. I still enjoyed it (somehow), but I won't be doing it again anytime soon, that's for sure.

"Labyrinth of Galleria's storytelling exceeded expectations, and left the greatest impact from 2020" (Famitsu)
  • OP
    OP
    Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    California
    Found this Famitsu recommendation/review come across my twitter feed, and the title alone sums up my thoughts;

www.famitsu.com

『ガレリアの地下迷宮と魔女ノ旅団』予想を超える展開のストーリーは2020年最大のインパクトだった。総勢40体の旅団を率いるバトル&育成も激アツ【年末年始おすすめゲームレビュー】 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

ファミ通.comの編集者&ライターが年末年始のおすすめゲームを紹介していく連載企画。ライターのウワーマンがいまいちばん推したい作品は、日本一ソフトウェアの『ガレリアの地下迷宮と魔女ノ旅団』です。

"Labyrinth of Galleria's storytelling exceeded expectations, and left the greatest impact from 2020"

I Hate That I Can't Talk About Why I Love Labyrinth of Galleria
  • OP
    OP
    Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    California
    Wrote up a little something about my thoughts re:Galleria. Namely, how hard it actually is to talk about what makes it so great without spoiling things:

I Hate That I Can't Talk About Why I Love Labyrinth of Galleria | RPG Site

One of games storytelling's greatest strengths can also be its greatest curse; James extols about these complicated feelings with Labyrinth of Galleria.