• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Played it for an hour. Straight away thought it was lazy "remaster". The fact they feel they can charge a high price for this so called "remaster" is a joke. Got refund from XBL. Vote with your wallets people. Show these companies we are not willing to be fucked over. I am disappointed as I was looking forward to playing through it and finishing it properly.

Never played the game before so it's new to me....sorry.

Edit: Though I'm renting it anyway so maybe it doesn't matter.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm in the mood for an adventure game and I'm seriously debating between this and the Telltale Batman game.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Some parts could easily pass as a current gen game especially interiors but the streets are unbelievably empty.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
In the UK there's a site called Boomerang that lets you rent basically every major Switch game + even some digital ones which have physical editions. It's awesome.

Ah, gotcha. I'm in the States; the video store is, of course, completely dead and we have the similar Gamefly, but it's a little too pricey for what it offers, I think. Boomerang sounds like a great service to have around.

Anyway, don't mean to derail, carry on with the L.A. Noire.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Looks like a barebones port on 1X, the price to effort ratio is ludicrous when you consider how many great games came out in the last month. The street price here is literally $10 more expensive than CoD, AC and Mario.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
What kind of "audio issues" are present in this? Are they present on the Switch version as well?

Oct 27, 2017
Played about an hour in handheld mode and it looks pretty amazing. HD rumble works nicely and alternates joy-cons depending on the situation. Very impressed with the port.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of "audio issues" are present in this? Are they present on the Switch version as well?
Flashback audio is out of sync, also a few sound effects ingame sounded screechy to me. Can't say if it's because I haven't downloaded anything and I'm only using the cart.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Some initial impressions from the Switch version. There are a few frame rate drops but nothing too drastic. The interviewing is frustrating though. Make a mistake and u got to watch all the cutscenes again

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, gotcha. I'm in the States; the video store is, of course, completely dead and we have the similar Gamefly, but it's a little too pricey for what it offers, I think. Boomerang sounds like a great service to have around.

In the midwest, we have a chain called Family Video that rents out Switch, 3ds and console games. They don't have much of a selection for Switch compared to everything else though. And for some reason they make you put down a $20 deposit when you rent a Switch game, like it's any easier to lose than a 3ds cart.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the midwest, we have a chain called Family Video that rents out Switch, 3ds and console games. They don't have much of a selection for Switch compared to everything else though. And for some reason they make you put down a $20 deposit when you rent a Switch game, like it's any easier to lose than a 3ds cart.
Still? We had that chain in NJ when I was a kid in the 90s. I thought it went the path of Blockbuster, etc.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why even bother with a disc release?

8_ABA95_C0_4_D01_45_C4_928_E_E4_A17_FE6480_C.jpg

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm at work, can Switch folks post a few screenshots of portable mode for me? Considering picking this up when I get off.

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I remember absolutely loving this game. It was very much "my thing." Felt like a fully console realized Ace Attorney game.

I hope it finds more of an audience now. I think too many people expected it to be Red Dead or GTA. The success of Telltale's stuff might have helped to condition a more accepting audience.

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
LA Noire still good like I remember

The Switch version even has Rockstar social club link with your Nintendo account, it even talks about crews and stuff, Rockstar has something up their sleeves for Switch, LA Noire doesnt have multiplayer for crews, and this was a Switch specific interface, so no its not some generic thing thats just there for all consoles.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
This looks interesting to me, but with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Skyrim (never played it before), and Ittle Dew 2+ coming out, I have to keep the wallet focused on those. I'm glad L.A. Noire comes off as a satisfying port for Switch!

Another option would to check if your local library contains video games to check out. Mine doesn't do cartridge-based games, though, since I imagine the cartridges are so small and easy for people (especially kids) to lose (or eat, or whatever). But my local branch has everything else.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never completed this on PS3, but enjoyed the bit I did play. If I can find it cheap on BF I might jump in again on ps4

rare

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, does anyone else have the prerendered cutscene audio desync on the switch version? Restarted my console and it still occurred.
EDIT: Seems like i'm not the only one experiencing this, glad to know that it's not just me.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017

The Switch version even has Rockstar social club link with your Nintendo account, it even talks about crews and stuff, Rockstar has something up their sleeves for Switch, LA Noire doesnt have multiplayer for crews, and this was a Switch specific interface, so no its not some generic thing thats just there for all consoles.

That's encouraging, I would love a Rockstar/GTA5-style sandbox on the Switch but am unsure if this would scratch that itch.

I really enjoyed the game back when it first came out but can't recall if there was much room to replay it making different decisions and such. I remember the open world being a bit barren and void of activities.

So uh, does anyone else have the prerendered cutscene audio desync on the switch version? Restarted my console and it still occurred.
EDIT: Seems like i'm not the only one experiencing this, glad to know that it's not just me.

Any sort of technical issues would put me back on the fence waiting for a price cut. Will have to wait on some reviews.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm telling you guys that Nintendo Online is launching with GTA V as a big release day and date.

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
That's encouraging, I would love a Rockstar/GTA5-style sandbox on the Switch but am unsure if this would scratch that itch.

I really enjoyed the game back when it first came out but can't recall if there was much room to replay it making different decisions and such. I remember the open world being a bit barren and void of activities.
It absolutely would not (and that was a large part of its original mixed reception). There are a few places where things can play out differently in individual cases
(and I'm pretty sure there's at least one case in which no matter what ending you get it's unclear whether you've actually got the right perp)
, but there's no alteration to the overall structure of the game, as I recall.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
It sounds like the PS4 version isn't all that with the new "enhancements"? Maybe the Switch version won't be so bad comparatively. Kind of miffed it's $10 more, though.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I was having a tough time deciding between PS4 Pro, XOX & Switch, but ultimately went Switch - glad I did, this runs and looks great on the Switch! Having it on the go is so good. Switch has been such a godsend for me, when my SO wants to use the TV there is no drama over who gets it, I just pick the Switch off the dock and everyone's happy.

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
was kind of interested in this but man, after watching the ACG review it just seems like such a lazy remaster. Never finished it the first time around.

If I had a switch to play on the fly I'd probably go for that version but if I'm gonna get on PS4 i'm definitely waiting for a deep sale.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
so, if I have this on PC already theres nothing this remaster offers in terms of improvements?

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
I was having a tough time deciding between PS4 Pro, XOX & Switch, but ultimately went Switch - glad I did, this runs and looks great on the Switch! Having it on the go is so good. Switch has been such a godsend for me, when my SO wants to use the TV there is no drama over who gets it, I just pick the Switch off the dock and everyone's happy.

This is me RE: the Switch. I think I might pick this up tomorrow. Hearing enough good things, plus I've never played it. I still have like... 300 games to finish, but at least I can dive in once I'm ready. Hard when Rocket League comes out digitally and there Xenoblade 2 on the horizon.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why even bother with a disc release?

8_ABA95_C0_4_D01_45_C4_928_E_E4_A17_FE6480_C.jpg

Fucking lol.

So even the PS4/X1 discs are useless pieces of plastic? What a twist! I wonder why they did this like that as Blu-Ray have more than enough space for the entire game.

Flashback audio is out of sync, also a few sound effects ingame sounded screechy to me. Can't say if it's because I haven't downloaded anything and I'm only using the cart.

Are you saying that you can actually start the game without the 'mandatory' download on Switch? (EDIT: Yeah, I just saw your earlier post about that.) I'm curious to know where the game just boots you out.

Last edited:

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017

My god if rockstar is insane enough to try porting GTA V over...
Doesn't this game use the same framework, R.A.G.E like GTA does? Maybe this was more of a proof of concept?

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Even though i never finished the game I really liked it last gen. Wonder how likely a digital black friday price drop is?

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
Planning on playing this through twice:

- Handheld - Black and white - Story missions only
- Docked - Colour - 100% Completion

Wise?

Deleted member 62

The Rockstar Social Club is cross-platform and crews are not limited to certain games. It would have been somewhat odd to not have this functionality when it's part of the overall Rockstar Social Club interface/experience. Also, all Rockstar games feature a Rockstar Social Club link these days, even the original L.A. Noire release already had that. It's to keep in touch with users and inform them about new Rockstar releases, regardless of the platform they release on.