Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Ay. Eat donuts and you may die. Replace it with yogurt and and nuts and you may live, for a little while. And dying in your bed as a skinny man many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for just one chance, one chance to eat all the free donuts and garbage you ever wanted?

Heh, this is my philosophy when a health nut goes for the lecture. In 100 years, we'll both be dead. And I'll die knowing I didn't skip that donut lol

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
Ay. Eat donuts and you may die. Replace it with yogurt and and nuts and you may live, for a little while. And dying in your bed as a skinny man many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for just one chance, one chance to eat all the free donuts and garbage you ever wanted?

~Braveheart theme plays in the background~

I'd still think I'd take my chances on the vaccine and donuts though!

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
how many donut places do y'all have around that you can get upset over krispy kreme
are you really going to dunkin?

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Krispy Kreme is disgusting. My dad used to buy them every week and I would hardpass every week

Last edited:

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Man, fresh original glazed Krispy Kreme donuts whip ass. But I haven't had one in like a decade since ours closed, and just remember them. Maybe they aren't as good as I remember.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm an idiot
xcGKKLnjAQDTRkHo3IhrirqB6MY=.gif

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Seems some folks are outraged about this because it adds to obesity epidemic.

I mean wtf. They ain't giving me a dozen everyday for my entire life.

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm on a reduced sugar so I can't take Advantages of this. But... BUT...

Are people here going to pretend that KK donuts are bad???? I seen some takes on this site, but I have to question people's sanity on this.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Wish it was the Doritos Locos Tacos instead.

a free donut is a nice gesture but there's only one Krispy Kreme location here and it's kind of a pain in the butt to get to then you have to wait in line for god knows how long and it kind of doesn't seem worth it for a free donut. Idk maybe I'll try it.

Chasex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think Era (maybe the internet as a whole) gets off on being contrarians.

Lol 100% and it's predictably funny. I clicked on the thread expecting to see KK is disgusting, wouldn't eat it if they paid me, and you will die if you eat one donut. It's why I love this place. Never change.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Lol 100% and it's predictably funny. I clicked on the thread expecting to see KK is disgusting, wouldn't eat it if they paid me, and you will die if you eat one donut. It's why I love this place. Never change.
Every food thread on ERA (and GAF back in the day) also includes some variation of

"My local Mom-and-Pop shop is better than this!"

and/or

"Why not just cook/bake it yourself at home, it's not that hard!!1!1!"

Shit's so predictable haha

brotherbean

Oct 26, 2017
God, just one Krispy Kreme is torture - make it 6 and we're talking. I'm glad I'm a few miles from the closest one, this would spell bad news for me.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
I think Era (maybe the internet as a whole) gets off on being contrarians.
Yeah I think this can be the only explanation. I have never met a person in real life who liked donuts but didn't like Krispy Kreme's classic glazed donuts.

The only other explanation is the posters are cake donut heathens, which they rightfully deserved to be dragged for anyway.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I read it as a one-time thing (show you vaccination card, register it on the system, get a free doughnut) so it is unlike it will harm (more) your health).

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Kind of whatever about the donuts but it's good they're offering 4 hours of pto for every employee to get the vaccine. Not even the company I work for is doing that, cheapskates.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Seems some folks are outraged about this because it adds to obesity epidemic.

I mean wtf. They ain't giving me a dozen everyday for my entire life.
Ha well that was my first thought. I realize this place isn't the place to go off on my soap box but seeing as how obesity is one of the main contributors to covid hospitalization and death, it seems in bad taste to offer this. I'm sure they mean well, but I'm not a fan. It's like offering an alcoholic a bottle of beer if they help you with something. Your not doing the world any favors even if you mean well.
I mean, I read it as a one-time thing (show you vaccination card, register it on the system, get a free doughnut) so it is unlike it will harm (more) your health).
The problem is that obesity generally stems from food addiction. Offering an addict the thing that's harming them is awful.

I say this as someone who lost 100 pounds over the past year. I wish people stopped offering me shit that was hurting me and making me sick. This needs to be treating like treating other addictions. The people who are addicted can't just stop. But it sucks because the second you mention this people start saying you "fat shaming" and that every one is beautiful. This has zero to do with looks and everything to do with your health.

lol I went off on my soap box anyway. Just gonna say this; the "outrage" isn't coming from a bad place from most people. Myself included.